La Vuelta 2021 - Stage 20: Sanxenxo > Mos. Castro de Herville 202,2 km **Spoilers**

124»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

Pross said:

Ineos made the effort there to make it a race ...

I think when you've had so many GT wins you are better placed to go all in rather than settle for a top 10 like so many other teams do. Lost the white jersey but then I doubt Bernal is really bothered about that. Bahrain have impressed me this season.
    bernals interview was top shelf
    Missed it, what did he say?
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    There has been some terrible editing and coverage on this race but the sudden appearance of Champoussin’s gurning face made a good dramatic effect.

Glad Mader got the white jersey but Bernal has impressed this week.

Shame the Spanish have not had a stage win.
  • Pross said:

Pross said:

I think when you've had so many GT wins you are better placed to go all in rather than settle for a top 10 like so many other teams do. Lost the white jersey but then I doubt Bernal is really bothered about that. Bahrain have impressed me this season.
    Although he no longer leads the best young rider classification after Gino Mäder (Bahrain Victorious) overtook him on the second last day by moving up to fifth, Bernal said was “glad for him, he’s a great rider and deserves that jersey.”

“For him, too, it’s a great achievement so I will be really happy to see him on the podium on Sunday.”

From the CN article
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Has anyone found any footage of the strop yet? I've heard there's some out there but haven't seen it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Has anyone found any footage of the strop yet? I've heard there's some out there but haven't seen it

This doesn't show the 'strop', but shows afterwards when it was finally decided Lopez wouldn't continue. He comes around from the far side of the car, talking on his phone, and gets in the car, while a helper is doing the ultimate action of resignation - emptying the two cycling bottles off Lopez's bike.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1434180601456832519
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Lopez says - "I think the dummy went that way."
    What must his domesteques think of him?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • The gurn....

Won't someone please gif that for me? 😅
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    edited September 2021

Pross said:

Pross said:

Although he no longer leads the best young rider classification after Gino Mäder (Bahrain Victorious) overtook him on the second last day by moving up to fifth, Bernal said was “glad for him, he’s a great rider and deserves that jersey.”

“For him, too, it’s a great achievement so I will be really happy to see him on the podium on Sunday.”

From the CN article
    i liked the bit he said later paraphrasing "i feel very content having tried hard as I possible Everything I could but I didnt have it"

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597

The gurn....

Won't someone please gif that for me? 😅

Tommy V would be proud. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.