La Vuelta 2021 - Stage 20: Sanxenxo > Mos. Castro de Herville 202,2 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Oof that looks steep!
  • Pross
    Haig is looking very good.
  • Pross
    Really hope Gibbons can hold on here, looks like curtains for the Bardet group

• Just Movistar things
  • Pross
    Movifarce at their finest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Bahrain should let the stage go ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Only Gibbons in front of the Roglic group. He has 1:30, going to be tough to hold on if they kick off behind.
  • So Lopez has managed to spit his dummy out further than Landa.

Yates has gone for it.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Of course Lance Roglic strolls across the gap.
  • Pross
    Yates attacks about 7k out and gets a gap. Roglic closes it unnecessarily with Mas superglued to his wheel. Haig just about gets back. Gibbons lead down to 33".
  • mididoctors
    Yates has to go hard
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Tries again, Roglic stage chasing is saving Haig.
  • mididoctors
    Yates can't sustain it
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,877
    Roglic won't win himself many long term friends chasing down all the attacks that are zero threat to him.
  • Pross
    Yates needs to commit to this even if he takes Roglic and Mas as Haig is struggling
  • mididoctors

Just Movistar things

Good grief
  • Pross
    Roglic attacks, no prizes for guessing who is stuck to his wheel.

Gibbons about to get caught.
  • Pross
    Opens the gap again as the chasing 4 sit up on a descent.

Limp Bizkit catches and passes the 4 as they mess around
  • Roglic won't win himself many long term friends chasing down all the attacks that are zero threat to him.

He'll let Mas go, no doubt.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Yates needs to go again to properly drop Haig.
  • Pross
    Yates has to decide if he wants a chance of the stage or to get on the podium. He has Haig on the ropes but won't get the stage if he takes Roglic. Seems to have decided the podium is worth it.

Gibbons finally caught. Haig back again.
  • Pross
    Mas finally attacks but gets pulled back by Gibbons 🤣
  • Pross
    Lopez abandon confirmed. Should make for a good episode on the Netflix show
  • Full gurn from Champoussin
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    Ha ha where did that come from?
  • Pross
    Champoussin comes through and attacks. Roglic lets him go suggesting he doesn't really care about the stage. Bizarre tactics
  • Dorset_Boy
    Champoussin has a real chance to pinch this.
  • mididoctors
    LOL
  • Dorset_Boy
    nice work Champoussin
    Roglic's 300m sprint takes second and Yates 3rd, Mas 4th and a small gap to Haig.
  • mididoctors
    Weird stage ...one to remember