• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I’m free!!!!!!

Walking hounds then a gentle run 😎

Post work stuff we are away for the weekend
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Are you 'free do do what I want, any old time...'

Bit dull here but mild. Not as dull (weather wise) as yesterday's Vuelta stage and it has been a helluva good tour. The brightest thing will be my Colnago.

Van full of hedge cuttings delivered to the municipal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

WFW
  • Good morning all,
    W'king from home, awaiting some go-ahead from IT to do some testing, once the finally pull their fingers out.
    Wife in Lymington with daughter get measure for orthodental stuff. Yes, nearest available appointment is an hour away!
    Booked my Flu-jab in for two weeks time, they appear to be banging us up early this year...
  • sungod said:

'ning

rumours of sun peeking out more over next few days

ride, cafes, wfh, loafing, bubbly

sun is out already here!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Good ride in apart from catching every traffic light in Christendom once in town. Drained more money out of my bank account paying stuff in advance to solicitors and surveyors. Hey ho. But the wheels are now turning on this latest attempt to buy a house and its nearly the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

...Flu-jab in for two weeks time, they appear to be banging us up early this year...

That is really early.
    I had to chase up them there purveyors of vaccines because despite being on the regular list, missed me.
    I eventually got it in January!

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Got mine early December last year - hopefully they will get it sorted sooner this time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Steady light rain all day. Into town for physio, then had fridge repair man turn up and not fix it. Bit of a muppet. Might be new appliance time soon I expect.

Decided pizza was best dinner option.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Off to the O2 Ritz in MCR to see Black Grape tonight.
    Will probably involve beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Steady light rain all day. Into town for physio, then had fridge repair man turn up and not fix it. Bit of a muppet. Might be new appliance time soon I expect.

What about the needle in the neck?
  • tlw1

Off to the O2 Ritz in MCR to see Black Grape tonight.
    Will probably involve beer.

Oh man, that will be awesome
  • pinno said:

Steady light rain all day. Into town for physio, then had fridge repair man turn up and not fix it. Bit of a muppet. Might be new appliance time soon I expect.

That's next Thursday. Quite a process too, have to be admitted to the hospital officially as will require 4-6 hours recovery post-op I gather.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

pinno said:

That's next Thursday. Quite a process too, have to be admitted to the hospital officially as will require 4-6 hours recovery post-op I gather.

• Yeah something like that. ^^

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I've had steroid injections where they guide the needle into place with ultrasound, but that was into my shoulder. I guess into the neck they have to be a little more careful.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    A heavy day of wielding axes, mauls, splitters and grenades tackling gnarly (thanks again Carlton) lumps of timber prior to stacking in barns for future boiler firings. In one of the farmyards, this one where the sheeps live. Funny watching the tenant farmer training a young collie to herd a flock; way way too keen was little doggie.

There is a tremendous buzz feeling when you put in a full power smack of a maul and the troublesome barsteward block just splits... get in. 💪

At least we stopped an hour early for coffee and cakes and a tour of the new build education centre where lots of primary school age kidz will get introduced to a natural world outside of McD and KFC.

Barbie fired up coz it's sunny, though sunset approaches, cold beer opened. Wait for Spike to show up for her/his dinner and catch up on stage 19. Plan. Happy days.
  • tlw1

Aaahhhh beer garden
  • pinno said:

...Flu-jab in for two weeks time, they appear to be banging us up early this year...

That is really early.
    I had to chase up them there purveyors of vaccines because despite being on the regular list, missed me.
    I eventually got it in January!

Yup, mine was jan/Feb last time. I think they want to bang us up pronto so they don't have too much congestion with top ups.