Comments

• "Eye watering" is I think an understatement

why?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    Cables aren’t even internal
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I wonder what Sigma Sports make on the sale.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Hahaha.

Someone will buy it though
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Only ~£18k? I'll buy ten. :D
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    Veblen good, innit. For the kind of person who wants a bike because they don't have a bike (rather than wanting to ride it) and having it match the car is important.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    edited September 2021
    Quite pretty imho but yet another excess accessory for the super rich.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno said:

Quite pretty imho but yet another excess accessory for the super rich.

This one from the same company is a bit OTT in my opinion.

https://www.rogerdubuis.com/gb-en/velvet/platinium-38mm-rddbve0019
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    And I bet the BB creaks.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno

This one from the same company is a bit OTT in my opinion.

Ya think?

• pinno
    ...and here was me thinking some of Ceramic speed's stuff is a bit pricey.
  • katani
    katani Posts: 133
    What did Lamborghini contribute to either except lending their brand name?
    If I was a very rich collector, I would buy a limited edition Swiss watch. They retain value. I wouldn't buy that bicycle. Nothing makes it special and a collectible item except the "exclusive" paintwork and the Lambo decals, which is too little imo. All components are available for purchase by anybody.

• Doncha love this bit from the highlights list?

“ Pro Fit geometry places the rider in an aggressive, aerodynamic riding position that is also stable and composed”

And then look at the mahoosive spacer stack under the stem.

😄
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • katani said:

What did Lamborghini contribute to either except lending their brand name?
    If I was a very rich collector, I would buy a limited edition Swiss watch. They retain value. I wouldn't buy that bicycle. Nothing makes it special and a collectible item except the "exclusive" paintwork and the Lambo decals, which is too little imo. All components are available for purchase by anybody.

You think in that situation you'd have to choose one or the other?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454

Only ~£18k? I'll buy ten. :D

If they slapped a Bianchi sticker on it I can certainly think of a mug that would but it even if it was the wrong size.
  • I doubt that is being bought to ride, think of it as a piece of art

The in-laws had a neighbour who had bought Chris Froome's bike, it was on a stand in the house like a piece of art.
    He also had a Ferari in the garage that he never drove, by which I mean it got transported to the dealership for MOT and when they moved he had it taken to his new house.
  • Pross
    edited September 2021

I doubt that is being bought to ride, think of it as a piece of art

The in-laws had a neighbour who had bought Chris Froome's bike, it was on a stand in the house like a piece of art.
    He also had a Ferari in the garage that he never drove, by which I mean it got transported to the dealership for MOT and when they moved he had it taken to his new house.

I can understand the bike to an extent but not the Ferrari. I certainly wouldn't have that Cervelo as a piece of art, OK it's a decent bike but they've got no history and it isn't particularly unusual - it's just a bike shaped bike.
  • oxoman said:

Eye watering expensive. Bit beyond the average person. Nice paint job though.

Sorry, don't agree about the paint job, it's hideous. It puts me off almost as much as the price (about half of which I suspect is for the Lamborghini name).
  • elbowloh
    the R5 with DA Di2 is under £10k at Sigma.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,382
    . . . the "free" delivery made me chuckle
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • pinno

There is a detailer in London who will charge you £35k for cleaning your super car.
  • elbowloh
    edited September 2021
    pinno said:

There is a detailer in London who will charge you £35k for cleaning your super car.
    We have a used supercar dealer on the outside of the village and whenever i drive past and see the eye watering used prices i am amazed! They have a 2007 Veyron with 838 miles for £1.3 million.

838 miles in 14 years.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh said:

pinno said:

We have a used supercar dealer on the outside of the village and whenever i drive past and see the eye watering used prices i am amazed! They have a 2007 Veyron with 838 miles for £1.3 million.

838 miles in 14 years.
    any idea what it would have cost new?
  • Pross

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

838 miles in 14 years.
    Think they were around £1 million depending on the model. Probably someone bought it as an investment rather than t drive and would be disappointed by their return.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

838 miles in 14 years.
    Google suggests $1.5m in 2008
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Apparently the tyres are £6,000 each, last 6,000 miles, and you also need to replace the wheels every third tyre change.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Haven't NFTs in da kidz generation(s) sort of taken over from these sorts of loadsamoney, look at the size of my wad, see my 'kin red trousers things like physical vehicles and that there bike?
  • There isn't even £18k worth of kit on it.

I could buy a proper motorbike for that.
  • elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

838 miles in 14 years.
    Google suggests $1.5m in 2008
    So it has done no better than hold it’s value