deceased Fathers life insurance policies.

13»

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Hey @ademort

Sorry to drag up this old thread. I just came across it whilst looking for something else. I do hope you resolved this satisfactorily? I'm keen to know the outcome now I've read it. I had a similar situation with my sister and we did not speak for 7 years. Now I'm over it and since she became an alcoholic living in squalor but has since recovered from her addictions I have forgiven her for he past misdemeanors.

Best wishes.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    edited September 2021
    Yes, it is a bit of a tease by @ademort not coming back and telling us what happened.

When my grandad died my aunts and mum decided to change his will for no good reason but their own stupidity (a variant, it is called). This caused them monster tax issues that the solicitors (Latimer and Mortimer) dragged on for years and in true Bleakhouse style eventually eating up the quite substantial inheritance so the aunts and my mum got nothing. My mum had made even more idiotic financial decisions since and it is quite a farce.

I'd almost find it funny but my grandad had left me 500 quid and even that vanished !
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    davidof said:

Yes, it is a bit of a tease by @ademort not coming back and telling us what happened.

When my grandad died my aunts and mum decided to change his will for no good reason but their own stupidity (a variant, it is called). This caused them monster tax issues that the solicitors (Latimer and Mortimer) dragged on for years and in true Bleakhouse style eventually eating up the quite substantial inheritance !

Might have been better served with Reeves and Mortimer.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    womack said:

davidof said:

When my grandad died my aunts and mum decided to change his will for no good reason but their own stupidity (a variant, it is called). This caused them monster tax issues that the solicitors (Latimer and Mortimer) dragged on for years and in true Bleakhouse style eventually eating up the quite substantial inheritance !

Bob Mortimer was a solicitor.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    elbowloh said:

womack said:

davidof said:

You learn something every day.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    womack said:

elbowloh said:

womack said:

davidof said:

He stood in for Jarvis Cocker after the Michael Jackson incident I think
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Pross said:

womack said:

elbowloh said:

womack said:

davidof said:

He stood in for Jarvis Cocker after the Michael Jackson incident I think
    True story. Went to the police station as JCs brief.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk