Vuelta 2021 - Rest Day 2 *SPOILERS*

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
It still hasn't really kicked off, has it?
Any chance something interesting might happen in the GC in the last week?

And will "Angliru's evil twin" on stage 18 be as nasty as its billing?

https://www.climbbybike.com/climb/Alto-de-Gamoniteiro/4067
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• Wow!
    [speechless]
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,919
    Generally the Vuelta is my 2nd favourite Grand Tour (after the Giro), but this edition is just not doing it. Poor TV directing isn't helping it.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Will roglic fade in the third? That's all there is too it ... Been a lot of sloppy tactics in this race .the heat addling people's minds .

Ineos have a struggle here to get on the podium or win a stage
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    edited August 2021
    I have given up a bit on this unfortunately
  • mididoctors

The coverage has been appaling . Directors Moto cam choice is riven with ignorance..CK on top is kinda of awful .... On top of all that fffk all has happened ...they are all fading in the heat ...race may fall apart at the death and produce movement in GC
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Will itv4 have the tour next year?
  • flite
    flite Posts: 219
    Well, I've just e-mailed ASO to complain about this year's coverage, and encourage them to make sure the Vuelta is available to ITV4 producers next year.
    I know it's all about the money, but if enough people complain......
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479

I'm struggling to be bothered. The racing and coverage are equally poor.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Enjoyed it much better last year, was the coverage any better as I can’t remember?
    I do remember the gorgeous light and shadows in the first few days due to the October timing, but it did get too cold and wet in the 3rd week.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Pross said:

I'm struggling to be bothered. The racing and coverage are equally poor.
    +1 - waiting for the ToB to start (!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver