Statistics

OK - so I am proud of this. The last 3 years. Travelling Europe and riding the Cols - 200 in total. I started wanting to manage Cent Cols but they are addictive. Any advice would be to do this whilst you are young enough to enjoy it. The whole experience, from the endorphins to the scenery, provides memories that will last a lifetime. I also lost circa 30kg over the time but became fitter and fitter as time went on. Long rides as often as you can if looking for weight loss.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    A million vertical metres! Nice.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,178
    That's impressive in 3 years...
    left the forum March 2023
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    95027Km in 3 years, good going! It's nice to hear from someone cycling for the pure joy of it.
  • Ncovidius
    Ncovidius Posts: 229
    edited August 2021
    masjer said:

95027Km in 3 years, good going! It's nice to hear from someone cycling for the pure joy of it.

Well yes and no apparently. “The pure joy of it” good stuff. However, taking time to make sure you’ve got lots of numbers recorded, says otherwise.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Ncovidius said:

masjer said:

Well yes and no apparently. “The pure joy of it” good stuff. However, taking time to make sure you’ve got lots of numbers recorded, says otherwise.

Starting and stopping a Garmin or Wahoo for every ride is hardly a life sucking task.
    Neither is looking at the annual summaries. Quite impressive imo.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    The pure joy of cycling and collecting data.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Fantastic achievement and I’m sure it’ll provide an inspiration to others - it certainly has inspired me to do similar at some point in my life.
    As to recording the data, it’s great for posterity. My granddad ran twice a day until he was 87 and he recorded the number of laps he did, in a diary. I think it’s great to keep track of ones achievements and the use of tech is a no brainer. I record each ride so that each month I can do better - it’s not an upward slope as the months roll by but it certainly makes me want to try do more.
    Great job once again. It’d be nice if you could share any pictures of memorable times that you may have taken during your ride.