'ning

cold cold cold

ride ride ride, cafe cafe cafe, hibernate, vuelta, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning.

You know those days are here you’d planned to get out for a ride, you wake up and feel enthused and excited about hitting the road for a couple of hours? Today is not that day. Cold outside, overcast, what do we see in this?

In other news, wheelchair rugby looks like hard work!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Another morning of petrol powered garden fun followed by GP (probably in the hot tub with ale), or I may just fall asleep on the sofa as I feel pants
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Lazy start after late night after luvverly time with friends eating, drinking and making merry. Will get arris in gear in due course for a shortish leg stretcher, easy day beckons.

Had a 20 mins spell of people watching yesterday, waiting for a bus up from station; da kidz en masse queuing for the shuttle buses to get over to the festival site. The sights I have seen... 😳🤔😁
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Lie in as always on the weekend. The girls will take the dogs out for a walk so I'll do a the last of clearing the loft stuff. Then a spot more homework on the latest house targets - one viewing lined up for Tuesday already.

Fleabay auction on one of my bikes finishes today and has bids on it so may dismantle later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1 said:

Another morning of petrol powered garden fun followed by GP (probably in the hot tub with ale), or I may just fall asleep on the sofa as I feel pants

Wow I nearly forgot about the MotoGP, phew! I'd never forgive myself LOL thanks for the reminder @tlw1
    better make sure there cider available...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start is being enjoyed, waiting for female child to get ready then heading to Brighton for lunch with one of my cousins. Need to get her reacquainted with the place and them before she starts uni.
    Is that the second viewing booked Stevo? Guess the house passed muster if so.
    Have a good day people, keep warm.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2021

Morning folks,
    Slowish start is being enjoyed, waiting for female child to get ready then heading to Brighton for lunch with one of my cousins. Need to get her reacquainted with the place and them before she starts uni.
    Is that the second viewing booked Stevo? Guess the house passed muster if so.
    Have a good day people, keep warm.

V, no, this is a new one. The Saturday viewing was a classic 'doesn't look nearly as good on a viewing compared to the pics'. It was a divorce related sale and the owner just hadn't bothered much lately, got lodgers in etc. Tuesday's viewing is near Sevenoaks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wasn't Sevenoaks reduced to 4 after the storm in '87? Funny - went through there that Sunday.

Overcast like elsewhere. Glad I did a long ride yesterday. Went swimming with toots, did a few lengths.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I think there are fewer than even fouroaks since 87. Crossed the channel early that night, roughest crossing I've ever been on. Good luck with it Stevo. The house next door to ours is for sale of course. But the neighbours are w⚓s.
    Good day in Brighton, a bit gloomy down there, but still busy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Spent ferkin 5 hrs drinking I mean watching a 2 lap Grand Prix - what a joke

Bright side spent the time looking for a plan b race
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Went to Little Frensham Pond near Farnham. Nice lake with a few sandy shore bits dotted around it, was like going to the beach. Shame it wasn't a little bit sunnier.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited August 2021

I think there are fewer than even fouroaks since 87. Crossed the channel early that night, roughest crossing I've ever been on. Good luck with it Stevo. The house next door to ours is for sale of course. But the neighbours are w⚓s.

Roughest sea crossing I experienced in '85. Was meant to sail from Zeebrugge. That was cancelled but the coach driver took us to Calais.
    Crossed in time but couldn't dock so we were back and forth and on the turn, broadside for 4 and a half hours
    The ferry was full of Aston Villa supporters coming back from Hamburg(?). Every time someone puked they sang 'here we go, here we go, here we go'. The place reeked of beer, puke and perfume (emanating from smashed bottles in the duty free shop).
    You could hear the screws out of the water as the ferry rose up and down and my mother (bless her) was as calm as a rock. She said 'it was nothing like going around the Cape'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

Went to Little Frensham Pond near Farnham. Nice lake with a few sandy shore bits dotted around it, was like going to the beach. Shame it wasn't a little bit sunnier.

Lovely little spot.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Wasn't Sevenoaks reduced to 4 after the storm in '87? Funny - went through there that Sunday.

Overcast like elsewhere. Glad I did a long ride yesterday. Went swimming with toots, did a few lengths.

Could well be. Not Sevenoaks itself but a village nearby. I'll be as fit as butchers dog if we move there - 24 mile pedal to work and the other side of the North Downs Ridge :#
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Off for some sea air tomorrow. Park somewhere near Goring and walk as far as we can towards Brighton along the coast.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666

Good luck with it Stevo. The house next door to ours is for sale of course. But the neighbours are w⚓s.

Thanks V. Might just pass on the house next door though :)