29" Wheel Strengthening

Greeetings!

First of I would like to say that I know my bike isn't the best and it's not realy made for the things I do with it but it's the best I got.

(2015 Fuji Nevada 1.9 fully stock except a shimano deore m6000 1x10 drivetrain and a Rodi back wheel)

I have a "problem" with my rear wheel getting too easily bent. I ride xc trails around my town but with a bit of freeride spirit, aka I like to throw a few jumps and a bit of action on a bank and stuff here and there.

I already changed my rear wheel but since the budget was tight I got a Rodi Blackrock 21 with a XLC evo hub

https://cycling.rodi.pt/en/product/rims/blackrock-17/

Since I don't have that much monney to spend and it's not like my wheel is folding in half it just gets a bit wobbly.

Is there a way that I can strengthen my wheel just buy upgrading my spokes and nipples?

If you have any other thoughts feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Sven

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    It's more about the quality of the build over upgrading the spokes. Assuming the rim is reasonably true and round and the spokes are of decent enough quality that they don't just stretch and are the correct length, the best thing you could do is to take it to a good wheelbuilder to be properly retensioned.
  • It's more about the quality of the build over upgrading the spokes. Assuming the rim is reasonably true and round and the spokes are of decent enough quality that they don't just stretch and are the correct length, the best thing you could do is to take it to a good wheelbuilder to be properly retensioned.

Alright, thanks.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    A lot of the strength lies in the rim. Cheap wheels use u section rims as opposed to box section on stronger rims.

I doubt using stronger spoke will solve your problem.