12346»

Comments

• ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    johngti said:

ibr17xvii said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

far more importantly, is that a Bagpuss we spot?

Yes, yes it is. Mrs GTi has a small collection of them.

In other news, how fricking sweet does this look???

That looks very good indeed.

I realise it's very much against the rules but I must admit to having loads of spacers under my stem as well but never had the urge to get rid of them all & slam it.

Much like you I don't think my ageing back would take it.
    Thanks! I’ve gotten a lot more flexible lately, at least in terms of my neck and shoulders, so it may be time. Deffo going to try it out first though. If it’s fine after an hour then it’ll be fine I think. Just no going back if you get it wrong 😱

That's what worries me!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    johngti said:

ibr17xvii said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

far more importantly, is that a Bagpuss we spot?

Yes, yes it is. Mrs GTi has a small collection of them.

In other news, how fricking sweet does this look???

That looks very good indeed.

I realise it's very much against the rules but I must admit to having loads of spacers under my stem as well but never had the urge to get rid of them all & slam it.

Much like you I don't think my ageing back would take it.
    Thanks! I’ve gotten a lot more flexible lately, at least in terms of my neck and shoulders, so it may be time. Deffo going to try it out first though. If it’s fine after an hour then it’ll be fine I think. Just no going back if you get it wrong 😱
    Flipping the stem is a recovery option.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    True!

Anyway, I’m still not ready for a slammed stem so I’ll trim a bit off but leave a cm spacer. Which, considering a year ago I was stuck on the full 2.5cm stack, isn’t too bad!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Not slammed but a 1cm spacer under the stem and nowt on top. So it looks better now and is easily lowered by another 0.5cm without it looking too heavy. It was an 8mm spacer under it before this so gained 2mm which will make a difference I’m sure, even if it is all in my head.