Vuelta 2021-Stage 14 :Don Benito - Pico Villuercas, 165.7km *SPOILERS*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,645
Big hill at the end.
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2021
    Deleted
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    Looks ever so predictable.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    Bardet going for the mountain jersey .. 10 mins to the break .
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    That's a big break. Surely it?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    Nasty, nasty climb at c65kms to go. 20% ramps on rutted concrete.
    JV completely blocking the road at the front of the peloton - seems a little unsporting to completely block it.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Good to see the Spanish police actually making an effort to control the crowds.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2021

Nasty, nasty climb at c65kms to go. 20% ramps on rutted concrete.
    JV completely blocking the road at the front of the peloton - seems a little unsporting to completely block it.

Tactically neutralised by bardet trying to keep the break together ...and by jumbo behind who want to gift the stage, control the race behind and take the bonus secs at the line away ...
  • mididoctors
    It looks hot as hell
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,209
    CK yet again showing he doesn't understand cycling, claiming the GC riders have called a truce as they aren't attacking each other 40km from the finish. Lloyd had to point out they're waiting for the final climb.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,899
    Nasty crash :(
  • Pross
    edited August 2021
    Jay Vine gets in a mess with his own team car and goes down hard. Looks pretty badly hurt.

Edit - was another team car but he was taking a bottle.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,899
    I don't think it was his team car.
  • Pross
    JimD666 said:

Yeah, was Burgos car but similar colours.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Jay Vine gets in a mess with his own team car and goes down hard. Looks pretty badly hurt.

Edit - was another team car but he was taking a bottle.

Looked horrible
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

JimD666 said:

He was taking a bottle no?
  • mididoctors
    Watching on a phone . Can't see a bl00dy thing
  • mididoctors
    Bardet can't let them have a min
  • mididoctors
    Tough small roads
  • mididoctors
    You can make a difference here
  • mididoctors
    SvM down
  • Pross
    edited August 2021
    Vanmarcke takes out Navarro on a corner in the front group to leave Prodhomme alone.

Edit - Navarro took Sep out after Sep made a slight error
  • Pross

Pross said:

JimD666 said:

He was taking a bottle no?
    Yeah, not sure why he lost control.
  • mididoctors
    Ouch ...these roads are more selective than the hills
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Or the other way round
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Pross
    Pidcock has been dropped from the chasing group which is disappointing. Fancied his chances when I saw him in there and he didn't seem to be working too hard.
  • Pross
    Impressive viaduct.
  • Pross
    Peloton having a siesta, even Jakobsen is still there and JV happy to block the road.
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock got back ..the chasers may look at each other here on these gradients ...power climb sitting In the wheels matters
  • Pross
    Pross said:

Pidcock has been dropped from the chasing group which is disappointing. Fancied his chances when I saw him in there and he didn't seem to be working too hard.

Wonder if he's there to support an attack from behind and was a bit too far ahead? Vine is back up on his bike and with Pidcock now but can't work out which group they are.

Prodhomme is opening a big lead, over a minute.