Vuelta 2021-Stage 13 : Belmez > Villanueva de la Serena, 203.7km *SPOILERS*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,646
edited August 2021 in Pro race
Same bat time same bat channel
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Cheers @jimmyjams great post
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    Not tuned in but standard sprint stage by the looks? Usual three teams in a weak break.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Any news on whether Yates was a DNS in the end?
  • mididoctors
    Wind
  • mididoctors
    Peloton splitting
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,877
    KLAXON, KLAXON
  • mididoctors
    Break of the day getting caught
  • mididoctors
    57k left
  • mididoctors
    No one persistent enough ...cross head
  • mididoctors
    Everyone sitting up
  • Dorset_Boy
    DQS blow up Jakobsen.
    Gaps all over in this run in.
  • Dorset_Boy
    edited August 2021
    Bernal's taking back some time.

Senechal from Trentin
  • mididoctors
    Strange finish ...
  • mididoctors
    Bonus sprint took the legs off the sprinters ?
  • mididoctors
    Blizzaro .. good improvisation by DQS
  • mididoctors
    Heat played a part
  • Dorset_Boy

No, thery just let Jakobsen gently ride off the front. No attempt at a sprint from anyone.

DQS just rode so hard from about 4 kms out that they blew that peloton to pieces, and FJ couldn't hold a wheel.
  • mididoctors

No, thery just let Jakobsen gently ride off the front. No attempt at a sprint from anyone.

DQS just rode so hard from about 4 kms out that they blew that peloton to pieces, and FJ couldn't hold a wheel.

The bunch came apart on that run in ... I just missed the bonus sprint at 11k picked it up at 6 k
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    edited August 2021
    In case anyone came here in the hope of finding out the result :wink: (hopefully it's legible)

Bernal pulled back a massive 5" on the other GC riders.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    If Jakobsen had a puncture, he did remarkably well staying on as long as he did.

A crazy last 5km. They're all knackered.