my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah it’s Friday
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    oxoman said:

Morning everyone. WFW after a nice cool ride in, still getting used to the 1st hill 2mins from front door. Getting to know the important potholes to miss as well. Long weekend as well for a change. Current view from the office today.

oxo in spaaaaaaaace
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Yeah it’s Friday

Feeling better yet? Or just hungover?
  • thistle_
    Lots of stuff to sort this morning, including packing before heading up to the lake district for the weekend.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Yeah it’s Friday

Still feel the battery is empty, but going by the wife’s journey tomorrow I should start to feel better

Want my place to ultra trail snowdonia?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    WFH this morning then off down to Bedgebury Forest for some MTB action this afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Yeah it’s Friday

Still feel the battery is empty, but going by the wife’s journey tomorrow I should start to feel better

Fk that.
    Not sure I could even walk some parts of that route :disappointed:

There must be an MF who is into things like that?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Finalising schizzle. Eating, eating then eating more. May get squiffy.

Currently trawling through some massively dull battle prep stuff. sooooo dull. just call in air support.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Yeah it’s Friday

Fk that.
    Not sure I could even walk some parts of that route :disappointed:

There must be an MF who is into things like that?
    does sound intriguing........

painful, but intriguing.......
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I used to look forward to friday night, now all I have to look forward to is carb loading and an early night.

f**k running, f**k it right in the face!

Tiler has finished so a good clean down and re fit the toilet and sink etc this afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Been to see the consultant about my wrist for the insurance. A bit of good news in that respect as he is optimistic it will continue to get better and he thinks I should make a full recovery. All the wrist physio I''ve been doing must have helped, shame I need glasses now. Also good to hear I made the right decision not to have surgery, he reckons I'm already better than i would have been if I'd had surgery. Now just need to get a decent settlement out of them.
    Airport run later so I can't drink anything tonight, EPO is out anyway so not a big deal.
    I could have told you running is shite HD, although you already knew that too.
    Hope you do feel better tomorrow TLW, jsut heard one of my cousins has it. She's feeling a bit rough. Presumably would have been worse if she hadn't been fully jabbed up.
    Enjoy the MTB Stevo, Lakes Thistle and, err, enjoy the prep MFs. Everyone else enjoy whatever you're doing.
    Nearly forgot, enjoy the whooshing noises Mr GTi.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

f**k running, f**k it right in the face!

This ^, entirely.

The runners who came to the table tennis sessions were always carrying some sort of injury. Mostly temporary but that only meant that it was only a matter of time before the next injury.
    They were the least flexible, had by far the slowest foot movement and therefore, I could only teach them a range of strokes, most of them limited.
    I could guarantee that due to their lack of overall flexibility and speed around the table, I could get the kiddies to out play them with a nudge and a wink and a few pointers.
    It was great watching a 12 year old run a 'fit' 35 year old (and seasoned TT player/runner) ragged. It would put such a smile on their face. We used to call the runners 'cannon fodder'.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    It's cloudy and cool when it was anticipated by Carol the weather girl/woman that it would be 20 deg c.
    I have been glossing. It stinks. My head hurts.

Where in Afghanistan are you going MF?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Motorways are all snarled up already, people not social distancing on the roads I think.
    Found a nice quiet cafe to hide in for a bit.

@veronese68 Can you claim for the glasses? Maybe if you tell them about all the physio you've had to do.
  • veronese68
    thistle_ said:

@veronese68 Can you claim for the glasses? Maybe if you tell them about all the physio you've had to do.

Good thinking, I should claim for the speciality websites that help wth wrist physio too.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Walked dog first thing along the beach. She got the lead caught up around an old branch stuck in the sand and face planted rather ungracefully. Apparently this was my fault.

Day of taxi to medical things again after that, me included today. Good news is my cardiologist is delighted with my results, and has sent me away for 2 years before bothering him again instead of the usual 1. My official total cholesterol reading is down to 3.4, and all other test profile results are good.

So that's me off the hook for a while.

OH had the major MRI this arvo in prep for meeting on Monday with neurosurgeon.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    A workgroup Friday in the woods, much raking, forking and scything of stuff to promote habitat diversity. Many frogs helped out of the way.

Now then bonus points are available to the first to give the correct botanical name for this member of a group of common woodland fungi.

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    orraloon said:

A workgroup Friday in the woods, much raking, forking and scything of stuff to promote habitat diversity. Many frogs helped out of the way.

Now then bonus points are available to the first to give the correct botanical name for this member of a group of common woodland fungi.

Phallus impudicus?
  • thistle_
    7hrs to drive 136 miles.
    Should've got an aygo, or the train.
  • orraloon
    johngti said:

orraloon said:

Phallus impudicus?
    Correctamundo, check out the big brain on john. 10 bonus points.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

7hrs to drive 136 miles.

You need to drive faster
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

7hrs to drive 136 miles.

imagine how fast you could have done that in a supercharged, chipped, noz'd up Aygo?

would have been hilarious.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

7hrs to drive 136 miles.

imagine how fast you could have done that in a supercharged, chipped, noz'd up Aygo?

7.5hrs?
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

7hrs to drive 136 miles.

7.5hrs?
    He could have biķed it in ĺess time.
    On a unicycle
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    orraloon said:

johngti said:

orraloon said:

Phallus impudicus?
    known as stinkhorn :D Dirty b.ugger needs a wash.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Enough of this jibber jabber, I've got pans to season!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Who is this chap selling 4 different titanium bikes, all with different frame sizes?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Who is this chap selling 4 different titanium bikes, all with different frame sizes?

some bloke who has just knocked off a load of gear?

• veronese68
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

some bloke who has just knocked off a load of gear?

Bike thief or business blagging free advertising? Certainly not a legitimate private seller.
  • orraloon
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

johngti said:

orraloon said:

Phallus impudicus?
    known as stinkhorn :D Dirty b.ugger needs a wash.
    I also have a vewy great fwiend in Wome called Biggus Dickus.