Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Why can't the be pre-seasoned by the manufacturer?

They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

For £400 I'd expect a complementary BJ, never mind a bit of seasoning.

Afternoon slackers, got the day off so taking it a bit easier. Went to scope out the house were viewing on the weekend and see what the immediate area is like. Done quick charity shop drop off, haircut and now having a breakfast style lunch as the local cafe. Bits n pieces later including sorting out the whippet bike for a spot of off road action tomorrow.
    and your survey says...
    Still a possibility - looks good from the outside, area nice and quiet. The online spec ticks the main boxes and looks it wouldn't need anything more than a change of paint colour in some rooms. We think the pricing is a bit optimistic but we can always try to beat them down. It's been up for a month an no offers so far so let's see.
    In this area, a month is a very long time at the moment! Same sort of spot as before?We ride along Church Road a lot and always comment on the houses along there. Could do with you buying one of those so we can pop in and have a proper look around.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    You should speak to your boss about it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited August 2021
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

They come lightly seasoned. They look prettier without too much seasoning, easier to sell maybe 🤷‍♂️

Afternoon slackers, got the day off so taking it a bit easier. Went to scope out the house were viewing on the weekend and see what the immediate area is like. Done quick charity shop drop off, haircut and now having a breakfast style lunch as the local cafe. Bits n pieces later including sorting out the whippet bike for a spot of off road action tomorrow.
    and your survey says...
    Still a possibility - looks good from the outside, area nice and quiet. The online spec ticks the main boxes and looks it wouldn't need anything more than a change of paint colour in some rooms. We think the pricing is a bit optimistic but we can always try to beat them down. It's been up for a month an no offers so far so let's see.
    In this area, a month is a very long time at the moment! Same sort of spot as before?We ride along Church Road a lot and always comment on the houses along there. Could do with you buying one of those so we can pop in and have a proper look around.
    Sorry John, not Church Road but it is still in Orpington. Slightly different proposition, not quite as grand looking but a bit less expensive, not as old and should be lower maintenance. Also a bit handier for transport etc and walking distance to the High Street. Assuming we like it when we go look round it etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

and your survey says...
    Sorry John, not Church Road but it is still in Orpington. Slightly different proposition, not quite as grand looking but a bit less expensive, not as old and should be lower maintenance. Also a bit handier for transport etc and walking distance to the High Street. Assuming we like it when we go look round it etc.
    These things are important in old age
  • tlw1
    Booze deliveries…….

Yesterday

Emergency thatchers from friends
    Mortimer and peroni via local brewery

Today

Weston ciders order (inc wine)
    Case of white wine and a case of champagne - Local wine shop

Phew, was running out
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

and your survey says...
    These things are important in old age
    That's why I mentioned them :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    tlw1 said:

Booze deliveries…….

Yesterday

Today

Phew, was running out

Had an amazing cider once, on tap in Wimbledon, flat (not keen on too much fizz) cold, not scrumpy, about 8% perfectly balanced and disappeared down the hatch startlingly easy. Went back the next week and the cider was no more, just trialling a few different barrels they said 😭

I often think back fondly on our brief happy time together. 🥺

I do enjoy a Thatchers, better than strongbow.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Booze deliveries…….

Yesterday

Today

Phew, was running out

Had an amazing cider once, on tap in Wimbledon, flat (not keen on too much fizz) cold, not scrumpy, about 8% perfectly balanced and disappeared down the hatch startlingly easy. Went back the next week and the cider was no more, just trialling a few different barrels they said 😭

He'll be back square 1 tomorrow though.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Booze deliveries…….

Yesterday

Today

Phew, was running out

He'll be back square 1 tomorrow though.
    😂

No, because I forgot about the Mexican beer delivery today (random box - good so far)
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Booze deliveries…….

Yesterday

Today

Phew, was running out

Most things are better than strongbow
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited August 2021
    It was a night on Strongbow Super that put me off cider for life. Was only about 16 and, according to mates, was sick in every tree on the way home. Fell asleep in mates bathroom, arms wrapped round the toilet with a digestive biscuit hanging off my bottom lip that my friends have given me for sustenance. I did manage to pull however prior to all that, so every cloud and all that.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Long warm work day worked, dad's taxi run runned, cold beer opened, Vuelta on catch up, and chill...
    No donkeys on leads today, no alpacas, but these gals and pals were hanging around

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, unfortunately had to drive in as the family bus needed an MOT. They should do them by mail order, would make things much easier. Thankfully it passed.
    Must admit I don't drink cider for similar reasons to Elbow. But then I'm not keen on Mexican beer either, not the mass market ones at any rate. But then the USAnians hadn't made a decent brew until comparatively recently.
    Morning off tomorrow for a review of my wrist for insurance purposes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    I got plastered on K Cider one Sunday evening and work the next day was seriously heavy going. Haven't touched cider since.

Orpington is nice. So is Tunbridge Wells and High broom.
    I was in High Broom when that storm in '87 happened.
    Seemed just like Jockland but when I looked out of the window in the morning...
    I wondered why my brother woke me up in the middle of the night slightly animated. I just went back to sleep.
    Bought my first decent rear mech in TW - a Suntour superbe. £17! It was a fortune on my meagre savings.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!