Poor service - long delivery time on wheels

johngti
johngti Posts: 2,508
So I ordered wheels from a well-known company last week that were due to arrive with them in august week 4. That’s this week but nothing. So I contacted them today and changed my order to a model they had in stock but still no sign of them. Anyone else have problems getting wheels lately?

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    WTF! It's 2 mins since you posted and @Matthewfalle hasn't had the decency to chip in!
    #timewaster
    :p
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    johngti said:

So I ordered wheels from a well-known company last week that were due to arrive with them in august week 4. That’s this week but nothing. So I contacted them today and changed my order to a model they had in stock but still no sign of them. Anyone else have problems getting wheels lately?

So you ordered them today, but you haven't had them yet? Shocking service - the company should have delivered them to you immediately by helicopter...
  • johngti

johngti said:

So you ordered them today, but you haven't had them yet? Shocking service - the company should have delivered them to you immediately by helicopter...
    They should have you working for them. That’s the sort of can-do attitude that I can get on board with.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    johngti said:

johngti said:

They should have you working for them. That’s the sort of can-do attitude that I can get on board with.
    Alternatively, you could lower your expectations to a more rational level...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    🤣🤣🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • johngti

johngti said:

johngti said:

Well there is that but how does that enable me to be outraged? I blame Brexit.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

No way of implicating Wiggle?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • johngti
    pblakeney said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

I can try to…

If wiggle hadn’t raised expectations with their guaranteed next day delivery for a year for a tenner and then had an alternative pair of wheels in stock, I could have had them almost immediately. It’s all their fault.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

johngti said:

johngti said:

he has realistic levels of expectation - he paid for them, they should have been delevered. FACT

as is he's now stuck with a bicycle that works perfectly with perfectly fine wheels and the sun shining.

#unacceptable
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

pblakeney said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

I can try to…

If wiggle hadn’t raised expectations with their guaranteed next day delivery for a year for a tenner and then had an alternative pair of wheels in stock, I could have had them almost immediately. It’s all their fault.
    I think the Haribo shortage is slowing down their dispatching.
  • MattFalle
    me-109 said:

WTF! It's 2 mins since you posted and @Matthewfalle hasn't had the decency to chip in!
    #timewaster
    :p

i've been sleeping! but i'm here now to help out :)
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

If they had the 40 mm versions in stock, they would have come by drone. 60 mm's too heavy. That has to be frustrating, jgti.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

he has realistic levels of expectation - he paid for them, they should have been delevered. FACT

as is he's now stuck with a bicycle that works perfectly with perfectly fine wheels and the sun shining.

#unacceptable
    Absolutely bang on. Unacceptable
  • johngti

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

If they had the 40 mm versions in stock, they would have come by drone. 60 mm's too heavy. That has to be frustrating, jgti.
    I’m glad someone understands…
  • MattFalle
    thing is, 40mm are pointless.

the 60s are exactly perfect.

i reckon the company are deliberately messing you around now. You should find a lical club and ask their secretary to write a letter for you.
  • johngti
    Better yet, I’m already in a club (loosely anyway). Maybe I can get that secretary to do it.
  • First.Aspect
    johngti said:

Better yet, I’m already in a club (loosely anyway). Maybe I can get that secretary to do it.

If you are a member of a club, surely you should have ordered Hunts?
  • johngti
    Already got some on there. Had to to get membership of the club.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

do it. they love that sort of thing. makes them feel well important.

i can see them at their laptop now, club lycra on, tapping away.

"I represent [insert name of club here], the fastest, best, most prestigious but friendliest club in all these lands..."

i reckon that will get the wheels to your door in an instant.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    If only you’d ordered some Hunts ….
  • johngti
    andyrr said:

Already got their lowest cost alloys. They’re round enough but cf is even rounder isn’t it?
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited August 2021
    There are still supply shortages across the bike industry, as well as other goods and products, not to mention further delays due to lack of haulage drivers and couriers.

The next day delivery is irrelevant unless the item is in stock and I think wheels are classed by wiggle as a bulky item, so excluded from this service.

I know it's frustrating but it is what it is, so be patient or ask for refund and find a set elsewhere which are in stock.

• First.Aspect
    Whoosh
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited August 2021
    Have you considered the UK Winspace supplier - someone else on here has ordered them (Or was it you?!) not sure if they were quick with despatch or not, as I understood it they had physical stock.

I'm probably going to order from them next year if I am able to source a bike for them to go on to.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    ...is the sound your new wheels will never be making, as I assumed you've cancelled by now?
  • I've had an SLR1 wheel on order from Winstanleys since March!

Been stuck on my alu winter wheels all summer...

Which have been absolutely fine, so I'm now wondering why I need Carbon summer wheels at all !

Funny how we can all do without and still have fun on the bike.
  • MattFalle
    edited August 2021
    andyrr said:

Agree completely. They are mega, mega wheels at a bargain price.

I honestly, totally, eyebrows robo cop gen up can't understand why people buy other stuff.

they even come with a piece of paper purporting to be signed by the machine operator that operated the machine that built them, and if that doesn't make them special, I don't what does.

a quality british product made in britain from british parts designed by a brit aerospace lady at a quality price for discerning, patriotic PROPER cyclists.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    First world problems again. If only the Afghans could hear of this terrible plight, they'd realise things weren't so bad after all.
  • MattFalle
    daniel_b said:

Have you considered the UK Winspace supplier - someone else on here has ordered them (Or was it you?!) not sure if they were quick with despatch or not, as I understood it they had physical stock.

I'm probably going to order from them next year if I am able to source a bike for them to go on to.

quick is not quick enough.

John G-T has paid his money ages ago so the wheels should at least be in his town on their way to him.

take any longer and tecnology will have moved on and these will be out of date and therefore USELESS.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

andyrr said:

Agree completely. They are mega, mega wheels at a bargain price.

I honestly, totally, eyebrows robo cop gen up can't understand why people buy other stuff.

they even come with a piece of paper purporting to be signed by the machine operator that built them, and if that doesn't make them special, I don't what does.

quality product at a quality price for discerning, patriotic PROPER cyclists.
    But I already have cheap as alloy hunts so if had bought carbon ones too, there would have been all sorts of problems in the shed wouldn’t there? Like magnets or something? They’d repel each other and destroy the bike.