thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Park and pedal
    WFW
    Yoga
    No bubbly
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Awaiting pcr results, so exercise is potentially limited to spin bike.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Results in, please drop off booze and can someone finish off my training plan for my snowdon race - this was the big week 🤬
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Pain in the arris that tlw. Not putting myself anywhere near your runnist shoes though.

Ride planned with #1 daughter who's on holiday this week, bit of KAW, lunch stop somewhere tbd. Weather looks spot on. Should be fun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Results in, please drop off booze and can someone finish off my training plan for my snowdon race - this was the big week 🤬
    That's a bummer tlw :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Morning all, gentle bimble into new work on different route. Lot shorter than old place. Nice and dry as well so bonus. Have a nice day all and good luck with the move Stevo.

Thanks Oxo, we spent some time last night scouring the net for new places to look at but suitable stuff is a bit thin on the ground as ever. Hopefully there will be some new listings as people come back from summer holidays.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Are you all positive then? Damn 😶

What training did you have planned? Can have a go at a bit of it for you if you like. Anything involving pottering around the house and reading a few books?
  • johngti
    In other news, should I see if I can change my wheel order to a set of 60mm rims or just wait for the 42/50 set? Deeper rims still weigh less than 1600g
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

What training did you have planned? Can have a go at a bit of it for you if you like. Anything involving pottering around the house and reading a few books?
    Kids are negative

You just need to do 16hrs running, mostly hills
  • johngti
    tlw1 said:

johngti said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Kids are negative

You just need to do 16hrs running, mostly hills
    Damn. No proper hills here otherwise I’d have been right on it for you. Sorry pal…
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited August 2021
    johngti said:

In other news, should I see if I can change my wheel order to a set of 60mm rims or just wait for the 42/50 set? Deeper rims still weigh less than 1600g

For a definitive answer, go to 'Road buying advice. Ha ha.

Quite a bit of dew on the grass this morning prompted Shorty to say "It's frosty, winter will be here in 9 days".
    Waiting for the Doc to phone for something the in house pharmacist could have done. Waste of time. Will go pedal as soon as that's over.

@Stevo_666
    Option 1: Decathlon do a lovely selection of tents.
    Option 2: Sell that 4 wheeled shed because options are only limited according to how much money you have.
    Option 3: Retire early and move north with change in your pocket.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Morning all, gentle bimble into new work on different route. Lot shorter than old place. Nice and dry as well so bonus. Have a nice day all and good luck with the move Stevo.

Thanks Oxo, we spent some time last night scouring the net for new places to look at but suitable stuff is a bit thin on the ground as ever. Hopefully there will be some new listings as people come back from summer holidays.
    If you’re still planning on selling your place and need a place to stay we’d be happy to have you 👍

3 sheds to choose from, take your pick, only £400 a month, a mere pittance, roughly the same as 3 frying pans might cost someone.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

If you’re still planning on selling your place and need a place to stay we’d be happy to have you 👍

3 sheds to choose from, take your pick, only £400 a month, a mere pittance, roughly the same as 3 frying pans might cost someone.
    We are but buyer is happy to wait and live in the current place that they will rent out post move. So stay put for now and see if we can line up another one. Just in case though, is catering included?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Exercise induces increased heart rate.
    I will be going over one little drumlin en route in the wilds.
    I will be doing this on behalf of TLW - fitness by proxy.

Can you stick a poster of the top of Snowdon on the wall at the top of your stairs and do the stairs like... 1000 times?
    The OH could sprinkle water on you as you do it and one of the lads can hold the hair dryer and point it at you for added effect.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Quite a bit of dew on the grass this morning prompted Shorty to say "It's frosty, winter will be here in 9 days".
    Waiting for the Doc to phone for something the in house pharmacist could have done. Waste of time. Will go pedal as soon as that's over.

@Stevo_666
    Option 2: Sell that 4 wheeled shed because options are only limited according to how much money you have.
    Option 3 sounds vaguely sensible but Strifey won't go North. You already know my answer to the other two :smile:
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

We are but buyer is happy to wait and live in the current place that they will rent out post move. So stay put for now and see if we can line up another one. Just in case though, is catering included?
    24hour shed service. Just holler and I’ll lob a pasty in your direction from the bedroom window 👍
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    Option 3 sounds vaguely sensible but Strifey won't go North. You already know my answer to the other two :smile:
    She would be closer to stropteen………
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Exercise induces increased heart rate.
    I will be going over one little drumlin en route in the wilds.
    I will be doing this on behalf of TLW - fitness by proxy.

Can you stick a poster of the top of Snowdon on the wall at the top of your stairs and do the stairs like... 1000 times?
    The OH could sprinkle water on you as you do it and one of the lads can hold the hair dryer and point it at you for added effect.

😂
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    brr, nippy, ride ridden, two cafes, one conf call, a few emails, feels like cafe time

tlw1, shame about the test, just had the relief of a negative on my day 0-2 pcr, you can always use the time to carb load :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

24hour shed service. Just holler and I’ll lob a pasty in your direction from the bedroom window 👍
    Where do I sign?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    There are certain things a man should never stoop to, no matter how desperate. Living near Liverpool is on that list :p
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    There are certain things a man should never stoop to, no matter how desperate. Living near Liverpool is on that list :p
    I dunno, the Wirral is a Tory heartland, you’d fit right in! (And I won’t hear a word against Liverpool, I spent 4 happy years there at uni. Proper uni, mind, not John Moores)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Where do I sign?
    You have to take the sheds as is though, none of this survey malarkey and knocking down the price.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Where do I sign?
    You have to take the sheds as is though, none of this survey malarkey and knocking down the price.
    As long as there's a beer fridge...
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    I dunno, the Wirral is a Tory heartland, you’d fit right in! (And I won’t hear a word against Liverpool, I spent 4 happy years there at uni. Proper uni, mind, not John Moores)
    That's exactly where my kid is for the next 4 years. It's just that I'm quite fond of the alloy wheels on my car :p
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    That's exactly where my kid is for the next 4 years. It's just that I'm quite fond of the alloy wheels on my car :p
    You need the anti-scouse car cover
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlH2zfG1O6E
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    Neston or somewhere would suit you down to the ground 🤣🤣

And, in other news, I decided to throw caution to the wind, made a fast decision, and am now getting 60mm wheels for my remaining bike. Bling to the max. They’ll look great as I’m pottering about at 15mph average. Give everyone plenty of opportunity to enjoy the look of them!
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

@Stevo_666
    You need the anti-scouse car cover
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlH2zfG1O6E
    For scousers I'm sure youd be allowed to use the South African version

https://youtu.be/aLhWzMOccTg
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

tlw1, shame about the test, just had the relief of a negative on my day 0-2 pcr, you can always use the time to carb load :)

👍 re your test.

I’m rather sceptical on the test as we all did one on Saturday before seeing my 93 yr old grandma for the first time in 18 mths. Just had a horrible call with my dad to tell him and inform him of the potential outcomes 😢
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    tlw1 said:

sungod said:

👍 re your test.

I’m rather sceptical on the test as we all did one on Saturday before seeing my 93 yr old grandma for the first time in 18 mths. Just had a horrible call with my dad to tell him and inform him of the potential outcomes 😢
    hope they remain ok, presumably they've been jabbed so they'll have some resistance

if all your pre-visit tests were negative that implies no/low viral load at the time, which further reduces the chance of transmission
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny