How to bet on the ToB?

I'm just thinking about making viewing of this more interesting. How does one go about putting a bet on e.g. a stage winner? I can't see any odds online e.g. nothing on the nicerodds aggregator. I've never bet on anything before so a bit clueless. How long in advance do I need to wait for some odds? Or is it just a case of going on particular platforms and trying to put something in?

TIA

B

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,570
    The odds will appear on the morning of each stage.
  • ok thanks, for some reason I thought they'd be out in advance of that.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,224
    I think Van Aert might be quite low odds for stages 1-8.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338

I'm just thinking about making viewing of this more interesting. How does one go about putting a bet on e.g. a stage winner? I can't see any odds online e.g. nothing on the nicerodds aggregator. I've never bet on anything before so a bit clueless. How long in advance do I need to wait for some odds? Or is it just a case of going on particular platforms and trying to put something in?

TIA

B

Never place a bet unless you identify value, otherwise it's a just mugs game.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,570

ok thanks, for some reason I thought they'd be out in advance of that.

The GC might be available a few days before. Big events can be available weeks or months before. The tour of britain is not a big event.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Might struggle as if the market is too thin the bookies won’t offer odds and cycling markets are very thin indeed.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309

I think Van Aert might be quite low odds for stages 1-8.

He's only likely to win if its a sprint, classic (hills or cobbles), MTF or TT stage though.

Oh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format