Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

'ning

ride, cafes, wfh catch up on gmc stuff, plot some hols

You’re well over due a holiday sunny, poor thing.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning peeps. WFW as is the norm. Cool and dry out for a change. Let's see if things improve after fridays chat with da big boss.

Good luck oxo 👍
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

WFH and censored all else.
    I'm bored already

Back in full grind mode here too. Need a bit of devilment to cheer me up or some retail therapy, although, I should probably wait till my pockets have healed after the £400 splurge or frying pans 🤦‍♂️
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

Back in full grind mode here too. Need a bit of devilment to cheer me up or some retail therapy, although, I should probably wait till my pockets have healed after the £400 splurge or frying pans 🤦‍♂️
    WTF
  • tlw1
    Run along the coastal path didn’t happen as there are divisions, still, enjoyed the busy A road and golf course 🤬

Nobody stirring so let’s go and wake them up as I need a cuppa.

Beach and bar related day planned
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Cycled all the way to work. Lets see if I can ride back too at the end of the day :neutral:
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

You bought like 20?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Just about to go and do a bit of WFW, some of which is rolling back some stuff my second I/c has come up with for INSET day. Not annoying to have to do that at all - he’s an ambitious, arrogant young teacher who (apparently) has no idea about working in a team and how to not piss off his boss but does a good job in the classroom and manages his responsibility well. It’s not even as if I ever stop him from doing stuff, just ask that he talks to me before he does it. Annoys the hell out of me because it makes me look like a proper knob.

Anyway, in until lunchtime then either a run or Zwift later on. And an attempt to organise my doctoral reading so I can start getting stuff on paper for the lit review.
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

You bought like 20?
    No, erm, 3 ☺️ Multi century warranty. They’ll have paid for themselves in 10-20 years rather than spend 20 odd quid of Teflon every 2-3 years. Investment 🤓

The maintenance is easy too. All I have to do is season them in an oven (rub with oil) and let cool for 24 hours, repeat 3 times, to protect from rust. Season them on the hob ten times before use to build up a not stick layer and then season them after every use. Easy peasy 😎

Does anyone want to buy 3 frying pans for £400?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Fuck1ng hell, Seano. I like nice kitchenware, but I think someone's had your pants down!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

You bought like 20?
    No, erm, 3 ☺️ Multi century warranty. They’ll have paid for themselves in 10-20 years rather than spend 20 odd quid of Teflon every 2-3 years. Investment 🤓

The maintenance is easy too. All I have to do is season them in an oven (rub with oil) and let cool for 24 hours, repeat 3 times, to protect from rust. Season them on the hob ten times before use to build up a not stick layer and then season them after every use. Easy peasy 😎

Does anyone want to buy 3 frying pans for £400?
    For that money, I would expect low maintenance.

Monday blues after hitting a pothole yesterday afternoon in Porker #2 on the way to the skate park. Engine is sitting 2" down on left hand side. Cross fingers it's not expensive enough to warrant an insurance claim. Dunno how that works - I have protected NCD but you will get asked if you've had a claim in the last 5 years when renewing regardless?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Job app went in last night, have to start packing to fly out on Sunday, really lovely and warm but waiting for plumber - will he/will he not turn up?

I can see it being a bit of a wasted day tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

I've never heard of 'We saw you coming' frying pans before ;)

In office doing stuff and consuming food. That's about it for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Job app went in last night, have to start packing to fly out on Sunday, really lovely and warm but waiting for plumber - will he/will he not turn up?

Off to Afghanistan on a Jolly?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    edited August 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

Surprised you didn’t come in with a low ball offer 😕

Or do you not use frying pans to cook your pot noodles and pasties?😉
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Will the Mrs let you in the house when you return?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Will the Mrs let you in the house when you return?
    mate,

she barely lets me in when i have popped to the shops ....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I'm bored already

Surprised you didn’t come in with a low ball offer 😕

Or do you not use frying pans to cook your pot noodles and pasties?😉
    I don't use frying pans much full stop. Not even Mrs. 666 would consider splashing that much on frying pans. We've got a couple of Le Creusets knocking around but nothing that would need a mortgage?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Early start to take motorcycle into town for a major service, before I try and sell it. Borrowed a new one to ride home. Typical that the one day I *have* to get the thing out on the road it decides to rain a bit. Grr. Workshop rang late to say they'll keep it overnight as they're not finished which saved me a ride through the hailstorm back to collect it.

Rest of the last couple days spent packing up bicycle stuff I've sold on the inter webs. Frame, fork, wheels, parts, tyres. Down to 6 bikes in the house now. Not sure if I'll sell any more or not yet.

Not moving house like @Stevo_666 but just getting rid of a pile of stuff, in exchange for currency to spend on other stuff no doubt.

Had a man come and discuss repairs to the garage doors. I expect that'll be an epic quote, but it will be nothing compared to the number we get to update the en-suite bathroom. That requires replacement of hot water system, complete re-plumb, move a wall, and a lot of other works. Yikes.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    wfw for me so had a wobble in to help wake me up. Lad is very pleased with his new car but now realises how much he will be spending on petrol :D Lots of stupid as usual but my beautiful assistant is back from her week in the lakes which takes some of the pressure off me at least.
    Seano hasn't just taken on H³'s avatar but is channeling his love of the kitchen it seems, I'm sure he would approve of the frying pans even if the rest of us think you're insane. Or more insane than we already thought you were. Be careful as those pans are probably heavy enough to be a serious weapon if wielded right.
    Mini is going tonight so I should have a bit more space in the garage, need to fill it with bikes I reckon. At least I'll have fettling space in the dry.
    Engine mount Pinno? That would be the cheapest option, but they should work in such a way that if they fail the lump doesn't drop too far. That sounds like it might be more involved. Can you fix it with Lego?
    Hope the post holiday blues aren't too bad SG, booking another one will help I'm sure.
    Anyway, tea...
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2021

Not moving house like @Stevo_666 but just getting rid of a pile of stuff, in exchange for currency to spend on other stuff no doubt.

Funny you should mention that WS, but Monday has turned into an ACOAD as our sellers have just pulled out this afternoon citing a change of circumstances. Total bastards, we've just wasted 3 close to months and we were due to exchange contracts end of the month once we'd finished a spot of haggling with the buyers. There doesn't seem to an appropriate emoticon available for this...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    ^^ Every time I read about how the English property system works I wonder why it's not been "fixed" to some sensible rules.

That's indeed ACOAD for you Stevo. Now what?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Bad luck S666. The English 'system' is such a lottery.

Lethargic Monday revved up a bit by dragging myself to the gym. Sunny now as well. Might fire up the barbie tonight: who knows, last chance?
  • elbowloh
    That's pretty shitty Stevo.

When i was trying to sell my flat I had 6 failed sales over 3 long years, with some of them pulling out after stringing me on for up to 6 months. I finally went to auction as it was pretty much guaranteed to be all done and dusted within a month of the auction, and if not you got their 10% deposit. I just wanted rid, so accepted the drop in price.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    Stevo - that’s shitter than my day 😢

Spent ages sorting van, awning, etc yesterday. Great setup took ages, it’s now all packed and we are sitting on the M5 in traffic.

Current double jabbed wife has COVID 😢
  • elbowloh
    Yep, just found out that friends we were supposed to see on Sunday now won't make it as the dad and 2x boys are all COVID positive. Dad has man-flu and double jabbed, 3 year old has chesty cough and 4 year old has no symptoms.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

Yep, just found out that friends we were supposed to see on Sunday now won't make it as the dad and 2x boys are all COVID positive. Dad has man-flu and double jabbed, 3 year old has chesty cough and 4 year old has no symptoms.

Wife is ‘got a cold ill’ negative test on Sunday and positive today, we are all negative
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Hard luck Stevo, luckily shortage of places to sell so hopefully will go quickly. As to all these covid positive people, get well soon. However please feel free to be greedy and keep it to yourselves.

Even if the rest of us have a negative pcr test we are going to isolate, morally the right thing to do.

Obviously now ordering alcohol deliveries
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2021
    tlw1 said:

Stevo - that’s shitter than my day 😢

Spent ages sorting van, awning, etc yesterday. Great setup took ages, it’s now all packed and we are sitting on the M5 in traffic.

Current double jabbed wife has COVID 😢

Jeez that's bad luck :( . Although as you mention downthread, staying in and getting plastered seems to be the only viable option in the circumstances.