sunday ou sont les scorchios d'antan

'ning

assemble shiny bike, brave near-freezing temperature to reach cafe, test ride if not raining, perhaps a restorative nip of the king's ginger
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Still a bit damp here, the sunshine that's forecast hasn't arrived yet.
    Planning on going up a hill when the washing's done.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In services on the loverly m5 as we go off on holiday
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    The sun is shining! 😎 Awake and 100% pure Colombianing early, for me. Might even get out early, for me, get a decent ride in and get back for live lumpy Vuelta.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Traditional lie in had, now ready for some Sunday sorting. Apparently the hounds are going to some sort of agility class, which is a bit pointless as they're already pretty bloody agile.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    shiny bike assembled, cafe stroll accomplished, early rain has dried, time for a quick test ride and cafe stop

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited August 2021
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, just been to the shop for some bread and pastries. Watched some poor sod have a clipless moment at the zebra crossing outside as I left, only about 30 people to witness his embarrassment. A bit of bike fettling to be done, I might clean the filthy bike as it looks shameful at the moment. New handlebars on the shopping hack have made it more comfortable and should be faster.
    Sorry about the weather sg, it's been like this since you left.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    ride ridden, sky darkening, only one thing to do

• orraloon
    Ride rided. Did a loop around the city, including some of the shall I say less salubrious parts. All good and found some back road bike routes wasn't aware of. Downside is again seeing the amount of rubbish mucky scrotes just dump wherever and whenever; high % of fast food branded debris of course.

Back in time for the last lumpy 70km of stage 9.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    That's pleased Shorty.

I am so glad the Vuelta and the Giro have limited sprint opportunities. Back to bumpy stuff today.

Great pedal.

Did some editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eccg7T6YQ8Y&t=57s
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Happy lad

Got the old Pirelli P-pattern aloys as well - cool B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hill hilled, or whatever you do with them.

Didn't really brighten up until I got back home, but it was dry and there was nobody about so that's a win.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Happy lad

Awesome
  • orraloon

Happy lad

Convertible. Nice. Like. But don't let him be parking it round these parts where traveller pikey scrotes break into all sorts inc my truck.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    orraloon said:

Happy lad

Convertible. Nice. Like. But don't let him be parking it round these parts where traveller pikey scrotes break into all sorts inc my truck.

Happy lad

Lucky b@stard
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Happy lad

Happy lad

Lucky b@stard
    Veronese is probably hoping it's got wipe-clean upholstery :D