saturday in the heat haze

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,
    Slowish start being had, lots of pottering to be done so might actually do something soon. Should probably have another cup of tea first, don't want to rush into anything.
    Survived last night's trip to the wilds of Beckenham, will have to go back soon to collect the car.

Brave man, headed into the ghetto like that :)
    Driving through Croydon is like passing through the twilight zone 😂
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

... And I’m tea total. Maybe it’s time for a bit of a night off…

Does that mean you binge on Tetley, have the odd Earl grey and for special occasions, bring out the lapsang Souchong?

My old man always said he had a tea pot rather than a beer belly.

Sold the Mini as is without advertising, that's a load of hassle avoided.
    Winner winner re car

Yes, very glad about that. Mate's daughter bought it so hassle free all round.
    Lad very excited about his new car, hopefully he will look after it half as well as he is intending.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Morning. Off to a wedding today. Should be a nice do - it’s at the royal Chelsea hospital (that one where the pensioners live). Mrs GTi was very much against public transport so I was staring down the barrel of £55 in ULEZ and congestion charges just to get there and back and then equivalent for parking overnight ( we’re staying over). Turns out Uber do pre booking so sorted for just a little more than train fares both days would have been. Happy days.

Anyway, off in an hour.

Enjoy - love a good free bar I mean wedding
    Funnily enough, it is a free bar. And I’m tea total. Maybe it’s time for a bit of a night off…
    Go on, go on, go on. What's the worst that can happen?
    After enjoying the free bar at ours one of the guests went to sleep in the back of the newly refurbished rolls and then projectile vomited
    :o
    I bet the stomach acid made a pretty mess.
    Well. I say 'pretty'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Morning. Off to a wedding today. Should be a nice do - it’s at the royal Chelsea hospital (that one where the pensioners live). Mrs GTi was very much against public transport so I was staring down the barrel of £55 in ULEZ and congestion charges just to get there and back and then equivalent for parking overnight ( we’re staying over). Turns out Uber do pre booking so sorted for just a little more than train fares both days would have been. Happy days.

Anyway, off in an hour.

Funnily enough, it is a free bar. And I’m tea total. Maybe it’s time for a bit of a night off…
    Two small red wines and half a bottle of peroni was all I wanted. Turns out I don’t miss it as much as I thought!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Anyway, off in an hour.

Two small red wines and half a bottle of peroni was all I wanted. Turns out I don’t miss it as much as I thought!
    You are dead to tlw now :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    🤣🤣