saturday in the heat haze

'ning

pack, bask, fly, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine at the moment , plenty of wet stuff forecast later, early ride I think
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    got up

got dressed for ride

heavens opened

decided to zwift

internet broke

cleaned kitchen

bored
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Still waiting for our buyer to reply. Either accept what's on the table or have another go but don't ****ing dither.

In the meantime, soggy dog walk looks likely followed by offloading yet more stuff via eBay and Freecycle plus maybe the charity shop. And a virtual beer with a mate later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Should have been in the van going to Lyme Regis today, but decided to miss a day and arrive in the sunshine.

So long(ish) run done and now off to Manchester for lunch with the kids (another expensive day as eldest want to go somewhere nice and has to bring his girlfriend 🙄)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start being had, lots of pottering to be done so might actually do something soon. Should probably have another cup of tea first, don't want to rush into anything.
    Survived last night's trip to the wilds of Beckenham, will have to go back soon to collect the car.
  • MattFalle
    Zwift zwifted whilst watching Paris Roubaix.

needless to say I won Zwift.

Now for shower, family stuff and weights sesh later.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Off to a wedding today. Should be a nice do - it’s at the royal Chelsea hospital (that one where the pensioners live). Mrs GTi was very much against public transport so I was staring down the barrel of £55 in ULEZ and congestion charges just to get there and back and then equivalent for parking overnight ( we’re staying over). Turns out Uber do pre booking so sorted for just a little more than train fares both days would have been. Happy days.

Anyway, off in an hour.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

Still waiting for our buyer to reply. Either accept what's on the table or have another go but don't ****ing dither.

Serve the ultimatum - accept the offer or it's no sale.

Currently pi$$ing down.
    Also annoying Step regarding software issues/my stupidity.

@darkhairedlord : any experience of EV3?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Heat haze? Aye right. Piddling down and likely to do so all day. High summer, so it is.

Likely to do SFA today other than piddle about on t'internet, feeling tired and lethargic after a hard working week. Might launch a raid on the local every little helps in a vain attempt to secure some bottles of own brand tonic water, failing which will have to resort to el vino.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Well that was an uneventful ride , mate rang up at 7:15 he lives about 3 miles away, it’s throwing it down here ( or words to that effect)I’m not bothering he said, so I was getting changed to go out looked out of the window, throwing it down, it’s just stopped raining, so I think I will pass on the cycling today.
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

Morning. Off to a wedding today. Should be a nice do - it’s at the royal Chelsea hospital (that one where the pensioners live). Mrs GTi was very much against public transport so I was staring down the barrel of £55 in ULEZ and congestion charges just to get there and back and then equivalent for parking overnight ( we’re staying over). Turns out Uber do pre booking so sorted for just a little more than train fares both days would have been. Happy days.

Anyway, off in an hour.

Enjoy - love a good free bar I mean wedding
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

And a virtual beer with a mate later on.

Negotiating tactic or stupidity - hard to tell.

Re virtual beer, you know lockdown has ended 😂
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Possibly the former, but they do seem to be swamped with work just now.

I'm not going to Lincolnshire just for a beer, good bloke though he is...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2021
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Serve the ultimatum - accept the offer or it's no sale.

Currently pi$$ing down.
    Also annoying Step regarding software issues/my stupidity.

@darkhairedlord : any experience of EV3?

We know they want it and we're not far apart on price. Just seeing if they bite, or if we have to meet in the middle.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Been further - Arizona for a weekend
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Been further - Arizona for a weekend
    I managed a weekend in NZ South Island once - although tbf I was already in Australia :smile:
  • MattFalle
    I went to Belgium for lunch once.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Did Singapore for a 3 hour client meeting once, from Sydney. Had a mate do Sydney to New York for similar, and his meeting was at the airport there. Straight on next plane back.

Bonkers.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Anyway, off in an hour.

Funnily enough, it is a free bar. And I’m tea total. Maybe it’s time for a bit of a night off…
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Anyway, off in an hour.

Funnily enough, it is a free bar. And I’m tea total. Maybe it’s time for a bit of a night off…
    Free soft drinks too I hope?
    I think I once went to an event where there was a free bar but they charged for soft drinks which was bizarre.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    johngti said:

... And I’m tea total. Maybe it’s time for a bit of a night off…

Does that mean you binge on Tetley, have the odd Earl grey and for special occasions, bring out the lapsang Souchong?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Does that mean you binge on Tetley, have the odd Earl grey and for special occasions, bring out the lapsang Souchong?

My old man always said he had a tea pot rather than a beer belly.

Sold the Mini as is without advertising, that's a load of hassle avoided.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Anyway, off in an hour.

Go on, go on, go on. What's the worst that can happen?
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Slowish start being had, lots of pottering to be done so might actually do something soon. Should probably have another cup of tea first, don't want to rush into anything.
    Survived last night's trip to the wilds of Beckenham, will have to go back soon to collect the car.

Brave man, headed into the ghetto like that :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2021
    Double post. Doh.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Anyway, off in an hour.

After enjoying the free bar at ours one of the guests went to sleep in the back of the newly refurbished rolls and then projectile vomited
  • tlw1

pinno said:

johngti said:

My old man always said he had a tea pot rather than a beer belly.

Sold the Mini as is without advertising, that's a load of hassle avoided.
    Winner winner re car

Re: tea, no good story starts after an afternoon of tea
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    ended bask early to head to the airport, sigh, at least the little sala vip lounge has finally reopened, hurrah!

swigging the free bubbly as i explore the snacks
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    in the gym.

this time next week last glass of vino or two before work plane be calling.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Anyway, off in an hour.

After enjoying the free bar at ours one of the guests went to sleep in the back of the newly refurbished rolls and then projectile vomited
    :o