thursday temporal shifts complicate matters

'ning

ride far in the scorchio, climb many volcanoes, cafes, bask

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

No scorchio here, forecast is currently giving rain.

WFW.

Gym later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited August 2021
    Rain in Wales (I’m very surprised). At least it was nice yesterday when we went up snowdon

Today is another mountain (on my own so should be quicker) then a nice lunch followed by a boozy afternoon and night 😎
  • tlw1

Yesterday’s mountain
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Yesterday’s mountain

Were you falling at the time?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited August 2021
    thistle_ said:

It's a more than vertical cliff face surely.
    Some climber that TLW.

Bit dull. Toots delivered to educational establishment of reasonable note.
    Have done paperwork. Will do Porker tinkering 'cos the stuff came back from the Powder coating boys. Shiny.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    No comments on the recent Lego post.
    All that wasted effort. I dunno.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Some climber that TLW.

Overhanging grass as well, pretty rare in the UK. He must be good.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I'd show you my view but if you just imagine the colour grey, that's pretty much it.

Off out for dinner tonight with parents before they disappear to Italy for a month, steak night at a local restaurant.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Afternoon, sunshine out at last , cycling in fine rain this morning, not bad weather for October, pity it’s only August
    Have a good day
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Early run into pathology clinic for blood test. What joy. Stopped for breakfast on way back, then a busy day tidying up in the garden some more. Filled the garden waste bins for collection tomorrow.

Solar panels expert coming tomorrow, plus builder to discuss works.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Day off but busy anyway. More sorting/tip trips, go get food and work through a demolition of the cheeky attempt to reduce their offer based on some rather creative interpretation of the surveys. We'll chuck them a small fish and maybe add a sprat or two if needed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Couldn't get Sprats for Janssons frestelse today funnily enough so could I have them? I hope the alternative works...
  • tlw1
    webboo said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Some climber that TLW.

Overhanging grass as well, pretty rare in the UK. He must be good.
    In my own head I’m awesome, in reality……
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Couldn't get Sprats for Janssons frestelse today funnily enough so could I have them? I hope the alternative works...

I might need them for the buyer. He may come back for a bit more but we're getting closer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw with a pedal there and back. Saw a guy get knocked off a scooter by a van pulling out on him. Stopped to help him up and left details as a witness. Luckily the guy wasn't badly hurt.
    Had phone consultation with quack about headaches, nothing wrong that would cause it which is good. But why do I have a headache? Bizarrely I have some scarring which indicates I had a tiny stroke at some point in the past. Getting checked out a bit more as a result. All rather tedious.
  • thistle_

Had phone consultation with quack about headaches, nothing wrong that would cause it which is good. But why do I have a headache? Bizarrely I have some scarring which indicates I had a tiny stroke at some point in the past. Getting checked out a bit more as a result. All rather tedious.

Hope it doesn't end up being anything serious.
    Undetected stroke sounds worrying, but if you haven't noticed it can't be that bad.

Headaches caused by all the fending off stupidity at work?
  • pinno

Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw with a pedal there and back. Saw a guy get knocked off a scooter by a van pulling out on him. Stopped to help him up and left details as a witness. Luckily the guy wasn't badly hurt.

I get headaches and it's caused by acid indigestion.
    Sometimes it's dehydration.
    Worse - too much coffee.
    Sometimes too much screen time.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    TIA? Hope not. Thumbs crossed for ye.

Thursday night and 3 heavy duty work days done. Am I getting too old for this stuff? Good sesh today at long term clients where he is way way down with Parkinsons. Bless them, good to help them out.

Alcomihol recovery juice consumed so bed beckons. Volunteer group work day tomorrow: I will not be leaving anything at all visible in my veehickle.
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,

Hope it's nothing serious, although Pinno's list of non-worrying headache causes do make you a prime candidate...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

Hope it's nothing serious, although Pinno's list of non-worrying headache causes do make you a prime candidate...
    Yes - something simple we hope.
    That slightly reddish bump on my foot, well, it's definitely foot cancer and my leg is going to fall off very soon. I know, I Googled it.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

Evening folks,

Tedious is the word, deffo. Hope it all turns out fine. Interesting thing about the possibility of a stroke at some point in the past. Assume you never suspected anything?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Evening folks,

That is bizarre. I think these micro-strokes are more common than people think.

Stay safe V68.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    edited August 2021
    I'd never have known about the minor stroke if it hadn't been for the scan, as Elbow says they must be more common than people think. Just something to be aware of I guess. For the headaches he said we could try different pills and see what works, not sure if I want to keep popping pills so might just lump it for now. As Thistle said, constantly battling stupid probably doesn't help.
  • thistle_

. As Thistle said, constantly battling stupid probably doesn't help.

Work less, ride more.