wednesday was unexpected

'ning

ride cafes bask

temperaturas máximas alert is coming to an end, dropping to merely scorchio rather than fuego del infierno, cats will be happy

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Temperature here, dull

Up early despite being on holiday as eldest and his girlfriend wanted to go for a walk.

Now circa hour run and then off to snowdonia for a few days with the current wife leaving the kids alone to look after the hounds and house 😳
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Day of chores but massive plus side is taking bambino out for lunch.

apart from that, weights and some autism course followed by doing some assessing on some med schiz later.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Been up to clean the toilet (had left it soaking in bog cleaner overnight, thought I’d better clean it up before the gang started using it), could eat breakfast off it now. Browsing the web in bed, get up for porridge in a minute, run in about an hour (I drag teen GTi out with me, takes him that long to get ready. But he’s as tall as me now (at 13 FFS) so he deserves some pain in his life). Then a bit more cleaning and tidying so my department don’t think we live in a pig sty when they come round later.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Have to go to Croydon to do a H&S test to renew my CSCS card.

I could be some time...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Temperature here, dull

Up early despite being on holiday as eldest and his girlfriend wanted to go for a walk.

Now circa hour run and then off to snowdonia for a few days with the current wife leaving the kids alone to look after the hounds and house 😳

I'll match your dull with cloudy and 13 deg c.

Will you have a house to get back to?

Off schwimming with Tricky and Shorty. I might even bring the grumpy OH. Not much boot space in a Porker.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Tried my suit on this morning for Saturdays wedding, it still fits.
    Skipping a run this evening as our weekend long run (17m) is happening on Friday instead, weather looks calm so might go for a ride.
    I've got a 100 miler coming up soon, Tour de Manc so need to get some rides in.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    scorchio

usual slight headwind on the road to yaiza as the sun rose behind the volcanoes

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    FULL SOCK
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    sungod said:

scorchio

Do you cycle every day while you're out there SG? No rest & recovery days?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    WFH today, currently sat on a webinar listening to the joys of international tax developments. Have some tea to see me through then may do some work.

Junior hound is recovering well but can't go out for walks yet so is understandably peeved when senior hound gets taken out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

every day, take it easier some days (like today)

what doesn't kill us makes us stranger
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

rest and recovery days? eh? what you on about Willis?
  • sungod
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

i believe he's one of those people that drive up a hill to coast down it, that sort of thing leads surely to enfeeblement

couple of hours until solar noon, already in the upper scorchios, one has important basking to perform, pip pip
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

I suppose that explains something as you've been doing it for years without dying :)
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

i believe he's one of those people that gets a lift off his mum up a hill to coast down it, that sort of thing leads surely to enfeeblement

couple of hours until solar noon, already in the upper scorchios, one has important basking to perform, pip pip
    ah, got ya. grazie!
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

i believe he's one of those people that gets a lift off his mum up a hill to coast down it, that sort of thing leads surely to enfeeblement

ah, got ya. grazie!
    If you see my old dear driving a car then run, as the dead are walking the earth and the zombie apocalypse has started!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

ah, got ya. grazie!
    If you see my old dear driving a car then run, as the dead are walking the earth and the zombie apocalypse has started!
    I think it's in New Malden if you've ever seen the standard of driving around there
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Quite a busy day, took advantage of the first non-windy one in a while to catch up on some outdoors work round here.

Miscellaneous other stuff ticked off the list too. Organised for a bloke to come and talk to us about fixing the dead solar panel system. Organised another bloke to come and share his opinion on how to fix the garage doors. Still waiting for fridge repair dude to get his act together and fix that.

Spoke to floor tiler about next stage of the job here. Waiting for our builder to call back and discuss a few other jobs.

Time to get stuff done I think, been putting it off long enough
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

ah, got ya. grazie!
    I think it's in New Malden if you've ever seen the standard of driving around there
    I know nothing about New Malden apart from the fact that, according to their adverts, there is a DFS there.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

ah, got ya. grazie!
    I know nothing about New Malden apart from the fact that, according to their adverts, there is a DFS there.
    Largest Korean population in the UK.
  • homers_double
    And the lowest of dogs, apparently.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

ah, got ya. grazie!
    And the drivers from what I saw when passing through last.
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

scorchio

and stronger.

ah, got ya. grazie!
    A popular place for some Cake Stoppers to shop? :smile:
  • homers_double
    Having just returned from the bung thread, I would like to add the following...

"roffl"
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    i use a carbon-ti one, i think it'd give the bung-guy palpitations

rescued a lizard that fell in the pool, it scurried away once it had warmed itself up in the sun, temperature reached incendio again

noticed the brand new veloflex protour race rear tub is already a bit squared-off from wear, that's a lot faster than the old compound they used, seems very grippy though

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Rode to work, realised what a state the bike is in. Front brake is jammed on and power meter not working so slow ride and no stats to back up the effort.

Managed a shower then the water went off so a mini crisis while nobody could have a cup of tea until it was fixed. Nearly had to go to the cafe.

Rode back, just in time to dump bike kit and make it to gym class which was unusually fun. Normally I can't do a lunge but managed to get the back knee touching the floor (And up again) easily - must've been the warm up from cycling.

Might not feel so good about it tomorrow morning when I can't move.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Right day Thistle?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Right day Thistle?

It was the right day for yesterday.
    Although I'm not sure I'm 'right today, as expected