tuesday from the realms beyond the sun

'ning

ride, cafes, shop, bask

muy scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Chilled start as I’m now on holiday, various jobs including dad taxi to take eldest to enrol in college (where we have been asked to bring a voluntary contribution of £80 🙄)

A run and lunch out sounds like a plan
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

sun trying to break through, coffee coffee'd, first "discussion" of the day with TDV completed about applying for that new role.

Well, that went well.......... not.

#bucketofguiltlaidon
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning from a rather wet Lincolnshire, tigger walked, going to Hathersage later to check out some Alt- berg walking boots
    Have a good day
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    WFH so a slightly slower start was had, suffering a touch of cba. When are you back SG? Can you bring some of that scorchio with you, dull as dull can be here.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Some better news potentially on the wife's illness front.

Got a call out of the blue from the private rheumatologist who my wife saw a couple of weeks ago, who originally dismissed my wife with "its all in your head and its being caused by anxiety". The NHS rheumatologist pretty much said the same thing.

Now she's saying, on second thoughts, having spoken to other colleagues and showing the scans again to another radiologist that her symptoms and the brain scans are entirely consistent with vasculitis caused by her immune systems response to the Covid vaccine. It's bloody astounding that we've come full circle again.

Consultant wants wife to have another MRI (going to cost us £500) later today and a range of new blood tests (apparently "hundreds of pounds") to confirm the diagnosis.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521

Morning folks,
    WFH so a slightly slower start was had, suffering a touch of cba. When are you back SG? Can you bring some of that scorchio with you, dull as dull can be here.

back at london lair by sunday

here at casa del tabby it stayed above 30 all night, no hint of cloud

took some plain water and pinched a saucer at a marina cafe to give a drink to the old black and white pussycat there, must be hard for them when it is so hot
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

Pleased to hear that, forgive my ignorance but what's the prognosis with vasculitis? Presumably a little more than Hello Kitty plasters.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'ning
    Drove to work because the forecast is for rain, need to be home handy and had to bring some stuff in which won't fit in backpack.
    Left the stuff at home next to the sofa and so far the rain hasn't materialised, oh well.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    tlw1 said:

...dad taxi to take eldest to enrol in college (where we have been asked to bring a voluntary contribution of £80 🙄)

?

What is he planning to study?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Good luck Elbow.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Working with several projects needing attention all at once.
    Weather has turned back to northern drizzle and the promised August heatwave has decided it's going somewhere else.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

Pleased to hear that, forgive my ignorance but what's the prognosis with vasculitis? Presumably a little more than Hello Kitty plasters.
    Not entirely sure. I think it can be treated with steroids in part.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    That's good news elb and at least you're somewhat closer to finding out the actual problem.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Busy morning in the office after a ride in and getting drizzled on for a while in Central London (lying bloody weather forecasters). Pork pies and coffee have been consumed so far which is good.

Junior hound is recovering well after a minor op to remove one of those spiky grass things that had got lodged between his 'toes' on the upper part of the paw and caused pain and infection. Only my wallet hurts now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

Not entirely sure. I think it can be treated with steroids in part.
    Certainly sounds more promising, fingers crossed for you all.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Fingers crossed here too elbow.

So far this morning, GTi junior has been doing some 11+ prep maths so lots of encouraging noises made to try to improve his confidence (he did well), teen GTi has done some homework but is in full-on brainfart mode, Mrs GTi has been to the supermarket

Rest of the day will be doing some cleaning ready for my department to come round for a BBQ tomorrow evening. My way of saying thank you to them all for the ridiculous amount of work they’ve done over the last 18 months.
  • MattFalle
    So does that mean we're all invited too?
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

The nearest person that could represent us is Stevo, but we all know what a see you next Tuesday he is ...
    Am I more intolerant than usual or is there more stupid than normal in the air today. Answers to questions I've been asked today include the old favourites "Have you looked on the computer?" and "I emailed that to you over an hour ago"
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

What v said. And we’re too poor for Stevo to bother with. Shame because of course you’d be welcome!
  • Stevo_666

MattFalle said:

The nearest person that could represent us is Stevo, but we all know what a see you next Tuesday he is ...
    For a minute there I thought Seano had done another one of his 'impersonating a forumite' jobs :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

What v said. And we’re too poor for Stevo to bother with. Shame because of course you’d be welcome!
    Looks like I've already won the Bottom Bracket popularity contest for today :smiley:
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

Looks like I've already won the Bottom Bracket popularity contest for today :smiley:
    Well I know how much you value winning :D

On an unrelated note I see the Specials are playing the Roundhouse in September, about £50 a pop. I've seen them twice, once was awesome, the second time was a bit of a let down so I don't know if I'll bother. But it's the lad's birthday so I might see if he fancies it.
  • johngti
    The roundhouse is my favourite venue. Seeing Frank Turner there in September 😀😀
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

🤣🤣 sorry Stevo!!
  • elbowloh
    johngti said:

Roundhouse is a great venue, been there a few times, most memorably for Queens of the Stone Age and Band of Skulls.

Never seen Frank Turner, but he used to come on quite a lot on 6 music, Recovery is good track.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    elbowloh said:

johngti said:

Roundhouse is a great venue, been there a few times, most memorably for Queens of the Stone Age and Band of Skulls.

Never seen Frank Turner, but he used to come on quite a lot on 6 music, Recovery is good track.
    We were introduced to his music a few years ago by a close friend of ours. We’re now massive fans. Love recovery but my two (current) favourites are Polaroid Picture and I Am Disappeared. Amazing lyrics. He’s a decent bloke too.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

well, its between you, the Taliban and that bastion of engineering masjer, so its not too difficult tbh.

shame that masjer came third though.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

johngti said:

turner's best - thatcher fgckd the kids.

and he's not on about the cider, either.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    There's some other-world level of stupid about lately... Couple days ago I walked into the local post office, schlepping a rather large box, taped up badly, with a big address sticker on the side.

Woman behind counter: "Oh, is that to be posted?"

Me: *pause*

Also me: "No, I just brought it in to show you what a fabulous job I did packing this box."

Mower shop man came and collected the GBFO mower this morning, off for a service. Too big and too awkward for us to get in the ute. Also sent in the blades from the woodchipper/mulcher because spring is coming soon and there's a lot of work coming up.

Sold some more bike stuff. Down to 7 bikes. Still one or two more to shift I think, but getting hard to choose now.

S4 Avant petrol or SQ5 or Macan?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle

S4 Avant petrol or SQ5 or Macan?

Aygo