Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,900
    Awful doesn't even come close to describe this morning. England providing lessons in exactly how to not bowl.

Root is a stunningly good batsman. His ability to captain though??

Micheal Vaughan: "England's tactics have been ridiculous. It is easy sat up here, and captaincy is generally your own opinion, but it has been all over the place this morning.

I can't get my head around the fact that England are bowling to Jasprit Bumrah, who averages three in Test match cricket, without a slip. Mark Wood was bowling 90mph and they don't have a slip. They had seven fielders on the boundary to Bumrah.

That can't be right. You just bowl to hit the top of off stump and create a little bit of suspicion with your field to the tailenders, because they are not that good."

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,130
    Got to love the ambition of India declaring.

Started well with England 1-1.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    This isn't going very well...
  • kingstongraham
    No, the runs should ideally be higher than the wickets. And when two wickets have fallen, extras shouldn't be top scorer with 1 run.
  • JimD666
    On a positive note Hameed is off the mark....
  • elbowloh said:

So, the morning session has been hugely disappointing from an England point of view.

TMS scathing over the tactics employed by the bowling attack, bowling bouncers at tailenders when it should be just line and length.

holy censored - I saw Pant went early and switched off assuming they would be out in an hour then we would easily knock off 180ish
    A lot more confident than me in the batting. Excluding Root, England's 10 haven't made 180 this series.
    It would have suited their one day mentality and other than Root, Extras has been a consistent performer
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508

elbowloh said:

So, the morning session has been hugely disappointing from an England point of view.

TMS scathing over the tactics employed by the bowling attack, bowling bouncers at tailenders when it should be just line and length.

holy censored - I saw Pant went early and switched off assuming they would be out in an hour then we would easily knock off 180ish
    A lot more confident than me in the batting. Excluding Root, England's 10 haven't made 180 this series.
    It would have suited their one day mentality and other than Root, Extras has been a consistent performer
    Leading scorer in this innings.
  • kingstongraham

elbowloh said:

Leading scorer in this innings.
    Bumrah keeps throwing the ball to the boundary. Very generous.
  • JimD666
    Wonder if they could talk Cook into coming out of retirement? Maybe partner him up with Trescothick...
  • JimD666
    Oh and a quick thank you to the Indian selectors for leaving Ashwin out 👍
  • TheBigBean
    Root 21 Extras 18.
  • JimD666
    Wickets 3 ☹️
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Records are tumbling here for England, in a bad way.

First time both batsman have gone for a duck in a home test.
    Record number of ducks by the top 3 in a calendar year.
    5 times this year that the top 3 have gone for a cumulative total of less than 10
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean
    Root was building a decent lead on 31, but extras have struck back with a decent boundary. Now on 22.
  • TheBigBean
    The other 4 batsmen are on 11 in total.
  • TheBigBean
    It's like watching England with Gooch in the 90s.
  • elbowloh
    Bairstow gone.

This is ridiculous. Gone from probably starting the day with England most likely to win, now England look like they might very well throw it away. Poor with the ball this morning, now batting like rabbits in headlights.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Root was building a decent lead on 31, but extras have struck back with a decent boundary. Now on 22.

Extras showing a good test match mentality, keeping the scoreboard ticking over
  • It's like watching England with Gooch in the 90s.

as the old saying went

"when Gooch fails, England fail. When Gooch succeeds, England fail"
  • elbowloh
    And Root goes straight after resumption.

England will lose this in the next hour or less i reckon.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • JimD666
    Root gone
  • kingstongraham
    Bumrah is showing them how they should have been bowling to him.
  • TheBigBean
    Still looks a bit gloomy. Hoping for rain.
  • JimD666
    What would you want England to do now? Do you believe England could hold out until close? Would you rather they just said "Stuff it" and throw the bat at the ball. If they start to connect it may make India a little nervous.

I'd rather they went down fighting TBH. Can't see the result changing but a few boundaries may at least give the fans something to cheer.
  • elbowloh
    JimD666 said:

What would you want England to do now? Do you believe England could hold out until close? Would you rather they just said "Stuff it" and throw the bat at the ball. If they start to connect it may make India a little nervous.

I'd rather they went down fighting TBH. Can't see the result changing but a few boundaries may at least give the fans something to cheer.

Yeah same. Considering the players we have to come, they're not players who can/will bat time. They've got to have a swing!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kingstongraham
    elbowloh said:

JimD666 said:

Yeah same. Considering the players we have to come, they're not players who can/will bat time. They've got to have a swing!
    No, I'd rather they just defend. They weren't going to get the 6 an over they needed with test fielding, so just try and show some discipline.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

JimD666 said:

No, I'd rather they just defend. They weren't going to get the 6 an over they needed with test fielding, so just try and show some discipline.
    It's not in their mindset. I think they're almost more likely to get out if they try to defend, especially someone like Butler or even Curran.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean

elbowloh said:

JimD666 said:

This. They are odds on for a draw. No chance of a win.
  • kingstongraham
    Sam Curran. Oh dear.
  • TheBigBean
    Two in two didn't help