sunday keeping cover in denuded scrub

'ning

ride far in the scorchio, quaff many litres
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Dull here, walk hounds then meet a pal for a run.

Later is hopefully paddle boarding and then some ale
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello. Had some porridge, going to go for a ride of some description soon. Don’t know how motivated I am until I get out there though. May be an hour, may be two. Who knows. Such is life.

Otherwise it’s a day for a bit of tidying and seeing if I can cobble together a repair for some window catches.
  • johngti
    johngti said:

Hello. Had some porridge, going to go for a ride of some description soon. Don’t know how motivated I am until I get out there though. May be an hour, may be two. Who knows. Such is life.

Otherwise it’s a day for a bit of tidying and seeing if I can cobble together a repair for some window catches.

Or at least, I’ll go for a ride if my nose and eyes stop streaming snot and, for want of a better word, tears. I’ve taken an antihistamine but surely it’s late in the year for hay fever to be kicking in…??! Eyes are properly sore too.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

johngti said:

Or at least, I’ll go for a ride if my nose and eyes stop streaming snot and, for want of a better word, tears. I’ve taken an antihistamine but surely it’s late in the year for hay fever to be kicking in…??! Eyes are properly sore too.
    Just go out, it might clear up after 10 mins. If not just come back and at least you've had a 20 min ride.

Hope the anti histamine settles it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Off to the big town today to get some more boots.
    Then dust off the pub bike ready for commute to work if the weather gods allow.

Foot's complaining at me this morning so no mountain top heroics today.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Grandad in-law plaque. In the city of Kielce for the weekend, family get together. 30 degrees today.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    raini g.

for some reason unbeknown to me i'm going to walk some horses
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Will the horses have slammed stems and high saddles?

100% pure Colombian #1 in progress, get system revved up and get out for a decent ride. Then some Vuelta, concoct some vaguely Spanish influenced dish of the day, feed Spike (not with that) and that's about The Plan.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Decent lie in had, as is traditional on a weekend. Younger hound is still a tripod and now has his manky paw bandaged up now, so may take elder Hound out on his own. Then more sorting etc once brekky and coffee are done and dusted.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Are they harvesting locally Gti?
    Can you duct tape a hand towel to your arm?

Who's 'Spike'?

Does tripod C'Poo get envious of non tripod C'Poo if left behind?

What did GIL do to get a plaque Seano (oh and change the avatar please)?

I'm donating and 'n' to MF.

How long is this holiday SG?!

Don't buy decent headphones Oxo. They get lost or damaged just the same as cheap one's.

What's all this silly walkering thing certain people are taking to?

Why oh why is it raining on the day I have cleared the decks to go for a decent pedal. (I have given up hoping it will improve and going anyway. #badassme).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

Just go out, it might clear up after 10 mins. If not just come back and at least you've had a 20 min ride.

Done. Glad I did.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    pinno said:

Does tripod C'Poo get envious of non tripod C'Poo if left behind?

Here's my bit of twenty questions: nope, he seems to realise he's not up to it doesn't is currently curled up on the sofa snoozing.

The other one gets jealous of the attention that tripod is getting though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    johngti said:

thistle_ said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

Done. Glad I did.
    You didn't die to death from a bung being in the wrong place then? Who'd have thunk that would become the most tedious thread of the moment.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now not doing very much. Back is aching which is no fun. Should get off my aris' and do something.
  • johngti

johngti said:

thistle_ said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

Done. Glad I did.
    You didn't die to death from a bung being in the wrong place then? Who'd have thunk that would become the most tedious thread of the moment.
    Different bike, unfortunately. It hasn’t imploded at home in the meantime, though.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    #!*t faced last night and not a jot of a hangover!
    Doing some work stuff for MrdHD then possibly followed by a potter on the bike.
    Going to sell some MTB bits as well once my request to join a group is accepted.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another day of rubbish weather, howling wind all morning then rain all afternoon.

Sold a few more bits on the Bay, so tomorrow will be another post office drive-by on the way to town on taxi duty again.

Really need to find some comfortable furniture too. We have 4 sofas in the house, and none of them are especially comfy. Look good though. 🙄

Trying to talk myself into another car.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

How long is this holiday SG?!

not that long, only another week to go

wish i'd taken the phone along for pics, huge fog bank in the bit between timanfaya and teguise, lovely views of it from above with volcanoes poking out

riding through it for 25km was not lovely, dripping wet and 40-80m visibility

emerged from fog going up over teguise, temperature climbed to 44 at the top of the haria hairpins, descended to the sound of very hot brake tracks, came straight back up and hoped the cool fog would be there on the way back

it wasn't, sun had burned it off and was baking the land

many times the tabby blinked languidly from the mirage

scorchio del diablo con los fuegos del infierno
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ^ haha love it!

iced bubbly required as part of the recovery process ;)
  • pinno
    sungod said:

...wish i'd taken the phone along for pics...

Bad, bad boy. Don't do it again.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

Ride rided. Relatively few people about, other bikelists, walkists, dogists... Today's near miss: a vole that shot across my front when I was coming down this singletrack grassway. Missed him / her, just.

Back in time for last 30km of stage 2. Looks like the last 30 is more than enough to watch.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Will the horses have slammed stems and high saddles?

100% pure Colombian #1 in progress, get system revved up and get out for a decent ride. Then some Vuelta, concoct some vaguely Spanish influenced dish of the day, feed Spike (not with that) and that's about The Plan.

they deffo had slammed legs.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Walk in the Ashdown Forest this afternoon, waiting now for fish and chips to be delivered.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Wheelspinner
    Still raining. Feckitty grumble.
  • Wheelspinner
    @pinno It’s 130.

• pinno
    Thanks WS. I would need to be put on a rack for a month to reach that.
  • MattFalle
    T-Rex arms?
  • pinno
    Orangutan?
  • Wheelspinner
    Pfffffft. Some people. No commitment. 🙄🙄🙄
  • MattFalle
    agree. obviously not a proper cyclist.