thursday beyond scorchio and beyond that

'ning

we have a weather alert: incoming heatwave, low humidity, extreme uv, huzzah!

ride, cafes, shop, bask

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely start to the day again, mainly gardening today, I could possibly manage a couple of hours on the bike
    Have a good day
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    Climbing/walking up another mountain today. Should have packed some appropriate walking boots, trainers not ideal. Hopefully the soles of my feet have toughened up since the last one.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Flip flops and a carefree attitude, what could go wrong walking on hills?

Another work work day, 3rd this week, thought I was supposed to be gently winding down. Upside, deserve the recuperative beers of the evening. Where has the sunshine gone? Oh some scabby cat has nabbed it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning
    WFG. Pretty wet on the ground but I've stolen 'loon's sunshine out so it should dry up soon.
    Interesting happenings next door, they're at the smash it up with hammers so they'd better not set it on fire and throw it over my fence.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Some ferkers found how to ring the old school bell at ours last night - 2:30 & 4 am 🤬

Working from work as holiday countdown starts soon.

Found out what the lovesick teenager gets in his exams, not overly high expectations as a combination of lovesick and a school that I feel didn’t perform when needed
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, sunny an cold set the lamp on the desk to a nice orange glow hoping it will encourage some warmth.
    Weekend weather is looking promising for the best bike to be rolled out, I say rolled it lives hung up on a wall drivetrain cover on and wheels in a wheel back, so gently tossed onto the lawn maybe?

Last time I went out proper walking I had a pair of Dickies protective boots, probably a poor choice on account of the weight of the things.
    Anyway onto the world f IT and project deployment, after a strong coffee that is.

Thistle, keep the pressure washer handy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Dull here after 12.40 am finish due to plumbing shenanigans.
    Mains 'Toby' actually didn't work, Had to drain the reservoir and then change a check valve.

Bit lethargic but weather looks (dare I say it), okay.

Shh, Jack is sleeping.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Bit tired as woke up in the early hours for no apparent reason and legs still ache a bit after pushing it on the way home last night. Still, will spend most of today sat on my arris so not a big problem.

Onwards to more tax related stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Bit tired as woke up in the early hours for no apparent reason

You don't recall last night's knock door run trip to Shropshire?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    almost lunch time

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

😂

It’s not an easy find the pull cord either

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Known as "knock down ginger" down our way for some way.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Must have been all the cider I drank that we nicked from that big old house with a bell.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Walked dog, then taxi duty into town and around. Tomorrow, rinse and repeat.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Been in to the place which handles all of your household deliveries that arrive in a brown envelope/package.
    From an engineering point of view it's impressive.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_

Been in to the place which handles all of your household deliveries that arrive in a brown envelope/package.

The meth lab?
  • pinno

Not me. Haven't bought anything from Amazon in years.
    The OH however...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, thought I was going to get wet on the way in but didn't so that was good. Utterly knackered after shenanigans with the female child and her friends last night. Thankfully all is well but there was some amateur dramatics to deal with. Not from ours, but she felt she had to support her friend. Lad has gone to a party in Geordieland, driving up tonight having worked a full day. Oh to be young and stupid again.
    I can imagine that's quite some outfit HD, we send up to 500 parcels a day out and that's plenty.
  • orraloon
    thistle_ said:

The meth lab?
    Pr0n and devices various?
  • seanoconn

• orraloon
    ^ Nice. Flip flops do ok?
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

Small mountain today, Ben Nevis size and drove up most of it 👍 Bloody fun fair at the top 😕
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Small mountain today, Ben Nevis size and drove up most of it 👍 Bloody fun fair at the top 😕
    Never mind all this nice Polish scenery stuff Seano. Where's all the vodka and hookers?
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Homer, those places from a technology and engineering front are impressive. Unfortunately from a maintenance engineer prospective there as boring as foook. I've got several mates covering the 4 units near me and they all complain they get bored of doing the same stuff day in day out.

If it's anything like my robot it sends a message to your phone telling you what's wrong and how to fix it, you tell it to come to you, sort it out, then send it on its way.

And mine only vacuums the floor.
  • pinno
    Shorty says: "Where's the dinner time cat?"
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Same as the breakfast cat
  • pinno
    Yep, I thinks you're right.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    pinno said:

• tlw1
    oxoman said:

Well happy with not so young OXO as he's done enough so no re-sits required. Mixture of B,s and C plus an A equivalent. Plenty good enough for his chosen courses at college. OH isn't as happy but accepts that it's good enough given the loss of 12 months of proper schooling due to covid. Just prom and hummer to go and that's the end of his childhood.

Eldest got his and whilst he did well you can’t underestimate the impact of those 12 mths on all kids in education. Some schools excelled, some well…………..

we got told at one point they couldn’t do online lessons as some teachers had children at home that needed home schooling too 🤬 current wife wouldn’t let me respond to that
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Never mind all this nice Polish scenery stuff Seano. Where's all the vodka and hookers?
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

You might be confusing ‘family holiday’ with ‘stag weekend’ maybe I should have been clearer.