Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just had an email to say a limited number of tickets are available for each day of the India Test match (maybe a 1000 left for the first day, a lot less on the Friday). Cheapest ticket is £135 though.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    elbowloh said:

Just had an email to say a limited number of tickets are available for each day of the India Test match (maybe a 1000 left for the first day, a lot less on the Friday). Cheapest ticket is £135 though.

And prices like that are one of the reasons that cricket is looked at as elitist. I know it's Lords but bloody hell!
  • elbowloh
    Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

And prices like that are one of the reasons that cricket is looked at as elitist. I know it's Lords but bloody hell!
    Indeed. I went to the 4th day of the Ashes test at Lords in 2019 and it was £55. Not sure why it's increased by so much!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Tashman
    elbowloh said:

Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

Indeed. I went to the 4th day of the Ashes test at Lords in 2019 and it was £55. Not sure why it's increased by so much!
    Would love to take my lad along but it's not realistic at that level. part of the success for the Hundred so far has been competitive ticket pricing (and freebies too if reports are correct)
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513
    Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

Would love to take my lad along but it's not realistic at that level. part of the success for the Hundred so far has been competitive ticket pricing (and freebies too if reports are correct)
    If there is a 5th day it will be cheap.
  • TheBigBean
    elbowloh said:

Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

Different seats. Prices have been £100 for the better seats for a while. £135 is obviously even more though.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

Different seats. Prices have been £100 for the better seats for a while. £135 is obviously even more though.
    There aren't any available now, but the cheapest ticket was £85 for an unrestricted view seat (most expensive is £180). So that's a £30 increase in 2 years.

For a restricted view tickets are £50 - £165!

Under 16s are £10-£30.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

Tashman said:

elbowloh said:

There aren't any available now, but the cheapest ticket was £85 for an unrestricted view seat (most expensive is £180). So that's a £30 increase in 2 years.

For a restricted view tickets are £50 - £165!

Under 16s are £10-£30.

I've just been to look. You're right - prices are crazy. £165 for some of the better seats and £135 for the mound stand. That's bonkers. Prices went up a lot after the 2005 Ashes, but this is a hefty Covid increase.
  • TheBigBean
    From memory, I think India is the most expensive test.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,900

More so than an Ashes test?
  • TheBigBean
    JimD666 said:

I think so, but I could be wrong. There is a lot of demand for tickets to see India.
  • elbowloh

JimD666 said:

I think so, but I could be wrong. There is a lot of demand for tickets to see India.
    Same for the Ashes. Has to go through a ballot process.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean
    elbowloh said:

JimD666 said:

Same for the Ashes. Has to go through a ballot process.
    There's always a ballot at Lord's, but the prices and the number of seats you can apply for vary, as does the chances of getting them.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    New Zealand Great Chris Cairns very poorly apparently
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58159745
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    Broad has out of the second test and Anderson is a doubt.
    Doesn't bode well.
    Ali is back in the squad.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • JimD666
    So we've a squad that can't bat (barring Root), can barely bowl and whose fielding is atrocious.

Think of the pressure this puts India under! We'll win!

Or be stuffed in 3 days.
  • JimD666 said:

So we've a squad that can't bat (barring Root), can barely bowl and whose fielding is atrocious.

Or be stuffed in 3 days.

It sure the bowlers did too much wrong in the first test.

If the others (ex-Root) bat to their averages then they will get 200 between them
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,193
    Any cricket lovers on here?

No.
  • JimD666

JimD666 said:

Or be stuffed in 3 days.

It sure the bowlers did too much wrong in the first test.

If the others (ex-Root) bat to their averages then they will get 200 between them
    I was more referring to the bowling for this test. Anderson is doubtful so I'm not sure the'll risk him and Broad is out.
  • JimD666
    100-0 after we put them into bat. :(

At least with them batting first we'll probably make the 4th day.

Hopefully.
  • TheBigBean
    When you win the toss, bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague - then bat”
  • When you win the toss, bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague - then bat”
    Sir Geoffrey?
  • JimD666
    WC Grace.

The only truly surprising thing about today is England bowled 90 overs....
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Didn't Kholi say after the toss he also would've chosen to bowl if he'd won it?

Unless you get three wickets before lunch and have them pretty much all out on the first day the decision to bowl first will always be questioned. If India go 400+ then Root will be reminded about this game for years.
  • JimD666 said:

WC Grace.

The only truly surprising thing about today is England bowled 90 overs....

Somebody cleverer than me would make a witty toilet based joke.
  • Didn't Kholi say after the toss he also would've chosen to bowl if he'd won it?

Unless you get three wickets before lunch and have them pretty much all out on the first day the decision to bowl first will always be questioned. If India go 400+ then Root will be reminded about this game for years.

If England had batted the stats suggest that we would have been out for 200-250.

At some point we will have to stop navel gazing and accept that India are a far superior team.

IMHO they are on the verge of greatness and in the future be ranked alongside the great Windies and Australian teams.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949

At some point we will have to stop navel gazing and accept that India are a far superior team.

Yes there is that issue too. Aided by the fact Kholi has instilled in his team test cricket is the pinnacle. Where as with England right now it's a mess. Ashes will be a horror show at this rate.
  • JimD666

Yes there is that issue too. Aided by the fact Kholi has instilled in his team test cricket is the pinnacle. Where as with England right now it's a mess. Ashes will be a horror show at this rate.
    Frankly I'll be hiding behind the sofa far more during the Ashes than any Horror film released.

Mind you being a Eng supporter isn't all bad news. The white ball stuff isn't going too badly. Try being a Eng/GB Rugby League supporter. That way lies madness :(
  • TheBigBean
    The Aus team can't bat either at the moment.
  • Tashman
    Not a bad start to the day