sunday exploring new frontiers in relaxation

'ning

lazy ride, shops, mostly basking
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Just about to go out for an hour, have a little bumble around, nothing major. Then pop to the shops later and do a bit of work. Might get some leg warmers on though, feels nippy in the breeze
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited August 2021
    Sailing cancelled, so Zwift, weights sesh, autism course then famiglia.

Also have to complete College of Higher Ed app form for teaching course.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited August 2021
    MattFalle said:

Sailing cancelled...

Too wet for sailing?! Ha ha.

Grey here too. It's dull.
    Will use up Brownie points and carry on Porker #1 rear end resto. 'cos it's soggy.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    I thought you weren't talking to us?
  • pinno
    edited August 2021
    MattFalle said:

Oh not that old chestnut.
    I'm not, i'm just telling you stuff.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Chilled start after a booze fridge emptying night with friends.

Hounds been for a couple of walks and now a run.

Later is over to see some friends new hound and I image a few drinks
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Chilled start as well, it's cold, grey and windy, more like November than August. Supposed to clear up a bit later, so reverse agenda today, catch up on the last day of track Olympics now then get out for a pedal back end of day.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, about to head to the old dear's and take her for an ECG. I was going to walk over to hers but it's gopping out so I'll drive. Might have a stroll later.
    Lad's been looking at cars and found a Scirocco that sounded reasonable, until I discovered it's in Oban 🙄 I'm not going to look at that one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Late night watching Olympics so lie in was obligatory, as was walking the hounds despite the sogginess outside. Coffee, lunch and then put a few things on Fleabay/freecycle etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another one clearing out stuff on the Bay of Evil. Done ok too today, sold a bunch of odds and ends for not much individually, but will add up. Result.

Quiet weekend otherwise, just pottering about house.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

Another one clearing out stuff on the Bay of Evil. Done ok too today, sold a bunch of odds and ends for not much individually, but will add up. Result.

Quiet weekend otherwise, just pottering about house.

It's a bit of a pain, but some of this stuff is too valuable to just give away. For the rest there's the charity shops and freecycle (like an eBay for free stuff; you can't charge anything but if people want what you're offering they have to come round and collect it).

Put an old full face helmet on fleabay this week and got some bloke asking if I'd ship it to Brazil...that'd be a no.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Doing a passable impression of an MF as I wait for the old dear. Just read an article she gave me on the benefits of talking to strangers and why people should do it. She is completely potty and will talk to anyone and I laugh at her for this. Unfortunately I take after her.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Doing a passable impression of an MF as I wait for the old dear. Just read an article she gave me on the benefits of talking to strangers and why people should do it. She is completely potty and will talk to anyone and I laugh at her for this. Unfortunately I take after her.

Strangers are OK. Strange people not OK.
  • thistle_
    Afternoon

Up early but all I seem to have achieved today is plastering around the kitchen window. Good thing it's getting covered up because it looks a mess.
    Cleaned the front of the cooker too and took the lazy option of using oven cleaner to dissolve the grease. It also dissolved all of the decals saying which knob does what.

Next door's yard is full of beer cans and it was pretty quiet there until about 11am. I think they had a good housewarming.

Sun's come out now but don't really know what to do about it.
  • pinno

...it's in Oban...

Ah but - it's stunning.
    If you have never been to the highlands and you live in the UK, then you are missing out big time.
    Excuse to go for a drive/short holiday. No car but great scenery or car and great scenery. A win all round.

What mk Sirocco?

• pinno
    thistle_ said:

It also dissolved all of the decals saying which knob does what.

After helping mum when I was 5 make pancakes standing on a stool on an old ring cooker, another cooking experience was in the offing.
    My sister popped to the toilet and in my impatience and enthusiasm, got the stool, stood on it and twisted one knob.
    I was clever (to a point). I hovered my hand over the first, then the second, then the 3rd and then thinking I hadn't twisted a ring knob, touched the 4th...

I had 4 rings brazed into my hand.
    I haven't forgotten.

• pinno
    oxoman said:

Pinno you sound similar to my younger brother...still as stupid now as he was then.

About right.

• MattFalle
    just used new rivnut gun on garden swinging chair and so far it hasn't exploded into flames so i'd class that as a win.

out for dinner so have to wash.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Oh not that old chestnut.
    I'm not, i'm just telling you stuff.
    you sound just like TDV...
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

...it's in Oban...

What mk Sirocco?

Mk2 GTX, cheap but good mechanically with tatty bodywork. I'm happier with good bodywork and I can do mechanical stuff.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

just used new rivnut gun on garden swinging chair and so far it hasn't exploded into flames so i'd class that as a win.

out for dinner so have to wash.

Exploding into flames would be a win though too?

You have to wash before you go to KFC these days?
  • johngti
    Is it still beer o’clock if the beer in question is non-alcoholic?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    johngti said:

No
  • johngti
    tlw1 said:

johngti said:

No
    Damn.

But it tastes like beer. Can I at least tell myself it’s the same thing?
  • thistle_
    Shandy o clock doesn't have the same ring to it
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

Shandy o clock doesn't have the same ring to it

But it’s not shandy. Alcohol free beer innit. Give a brother a break - I’ve been forced into teetotalism. Need to find a path through, y’know?
  • pinno
    edited August 2021
    johngti said:

I’ve been forced into teetotalism.

That's horrendous. Why didn't you tell us before?

• pinno
    edited August 2021

pinno said:

...it's in Oban...

What mk Sirocco?

Mk2 GTX, cheap but good mechanically with tatty bodywork. I'm happier with good bodywork and I can do mechanical stuff.
    Well yes, unless it's engines and gearboxes, bodywork is pricey ever since the dawn of the water based era. bits
    I guess that era Sirocco's are quite inter changeable with Golfs?
    I have Golf rear torsion bar bits. In fact, I am so glad because at VW Heritage, you can get the same part 1/3 the price Porker people want for them.
    Eccentric bolts, bushes etc.
    I'm in the middle of that now. It all started with the handbrake cable snapping. It was a job I was going to leave till next year.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

I’ve been forced into teetotalism.

That's horrendous. Why didn't you tell us before?

Don’t like to talk about it. Health issues in lockdown 1, doc said to stop drinking and lose weight, now down to 75-76kg and not had a drink for more than a year. Harsh.
  • veronese68
    That's dull Mr GTi, but I have tried some of the alcohol free brews and they are not bad at all. Certainly better than most soft drinks. Hopefully laying off the sauce has helped the health issues.
    Piña, you're not wrong. Thankfully convinced him to be a little more realistic.