All change Friday

'Ning

Currently raining although now forecast to be nice later (instead of thunderdtorms). Wish the weather would follow the forecast as it's messed up my plans for the day again.

WFW today.
Might find a hill to go up later.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited August 2021
    Morning, dry here, it would be nice for the forecasters to get the weather predictions correct, , obviously it’s a bit to much all the technology they use nowadays.
    All the usual stuff done, riding later if it’s still fine, picking the van up this morning
    Have a good day
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Looking a bit damp out, forecast 😊 says shouldn't bung it down much more until the evening. Waterproofs will be packed for my Friday workgroup outing.

No thistle pulling today, been there done that, many times. Today it will be the turn of the ragwort to feel the gentle caress of the tugging hand. Nor down to the river today, instead up onto the chalky slopes. Wonder what Springsteen toon works for that?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

watched dawn happen, lazy ride after yesterday's exertions and prior to tomorrow's, cafes, shops, basking

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Wet and windy.

Weights sesh and a 20k Zwift then crack on with the OU autism course.

Take Hound for a stroll.

Drink coffee.

See what Ghibli films they have on Netflix.

May grab a cheeky episode of Walker, Texas Ranger if no one is around.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, run done, work stuff now followed by a meal out with friends later
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not dry here, in fact rather wet to the point we had a stream in the road at one point.

Concluded today is going to come under the category of "task successfully failed" after opening my emails. I did venture out last night into Heckshire to acquire some Friday juice which went well, few random tins from smaller breweries.

I see more sogginess falling from the sky so looks set for the day which is a pain I need to go out an spray some stuff, weekend maybe? Who knows probably be snowing then.

I need coffee now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    step83 said:

...I need to go out an spray some stuff...

What happened to your garage?

Wet. wet, wet.
    Will prepare rear Porker suspension stuff to be sent to the powder coaters. Wahey!
    Only took 3 weeks to remove it all.
    I doubt it has ever been off in it's life - she'll be 32 next month.
    So, new rubber bushes £178, new mounts - £200, new bolts (plus extortionate eccentric set) iro £125, powder coating £195 (estimate), handbrake cable. £135 + £45... kin 'ell.
    sungod said:

That must have been sublime.
    MattFalle said:

May grab a cheeky episode of Walker, Texas Ranger if no one is around.

Jesu Christo!
    Go find a war.

Where tf is @seanoconn ?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited August 2021
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Cool, breezy and lots of showers. Drag OH around DIY store and local workwear place to pick rest of young oxo,s college stuff up. Mutt walked between showers. Seano is hiding on holibobs I believe, I'm guessing he's gone internet free.

Oh yeah - he did post some pics up a mountain. Maybe he fell off. If his boots are a size 9, i'm claiming them first.
    Or food poisoning. Either way, I get first dibs.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Sitting outside cafe drinking cappuccino with 5 month old asleep next to me. Wife and boy are at the boys 2 year old development review. He can't do quite a few things in the list.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Rent-a-dog goes home today, tabby#2 is slowly coming around to the fact that the dog stays occasionally but still attempts the occasional face swipe.

The cat is bigger than the dog.

Wet out, need to forage some lunch from the local shop.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Sitting outside cafe drinking cappuccino with 5 month old asleep next to me. Wife and boy are at the boys 2 year old development review. He can't do quite a few things in the list.

phuck the list. ignore it.

bambino couldn't do half the stuff he was meant to. he's now knocking out GCSEs at 12 years old and is exactly normal in every other facet of life, including being a totalshit in the mornings and most afternoons and evenings.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

step83 said:

I need to clearcoat some bits an don't want the overspray going everywhere again
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

phuck the list. ignore it.

bambino couldn't do half the stuff he was meant to. he's now knocking out GCSEs at 12 years old and is exactly normal in every other facet of life, including being a totalshit in the mornings and most afternoons and evenings.
    Yeah, i'm really not bothered. He's a great lad, makes me laugh all the time, as well as making me pull my hair out sometimes.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    edited August 2021
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

I need to clearcoat some bits an don't want the overspray going everywhere again
    just do it in the staff quarters and if they complain turn the hose on them.

that's what we do.
  • MattFalle
    oh - we booked a holiday to Santorini last night.

hopefully all this plagueshit will have calmed down or at least some semblance of what zone does what by the time we go.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

It'll give the place some character.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    MattFalle said:

hopefully all this plagueshit will have calmed down or at least some semblance of what zone does what by the time we go.

Rhodes was fairly close to being normal a few weeks ago, masks in taxis and on public transport (boat trip embark and disembarking).
    Masks whilst going to the loo in restaurants as well.

Other than that, busy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Rhodes was fairly close to being normal a few weeks ago, masks in taxis and on public transport (boat trip embark and disembarking).

Other than that, busy.

MattFalle said:

Other than that, busy.
    grazie! good to hear.

TDV and I are double vaxxed some hopefully that may count towards something.
  • MattFalle
    on a side note, I've just been told that sandwiches save lives.

this i never knew.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh with huge levels of fending off stupid. Be glad when my boss is back on Monday as I can bat some of aforementioned stupid in his direction again. POETS day today so off to the pub with the Mrs a little later. It's been raining on and off so might have to sit inside.
    Sandwiches definitely save lives, they can even do CPR.
  • elbowloh
    edited August 2021
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
  • pinno
    : .
  • Just finished packing for hols. Staying overnight with outlaws before heading to caernarfon. Will remember to shut one eye so I don't get confused by the signage.
  • elbowloh

Just finished packing for hols. Staying overnight with outlaws before heading to caernarfon. Will remember to shut one eye so I don't get confused by the signage.

Stayed just outside Caernarfon a couple of weeks back, weather was glorious, not a drop of rain and mid 20s all week. Black Rock Sands was great if you want a beach, you can park right on the beach, which is huge, for £5. Just be aware of tides.

The boat trip to Puffin Island was great also from Beaumaris, but puffins will have gone by now. We did see porpoises also though and seals.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Will remember to shut one eye so I don't get confused by the signage.

That's probably why there's been a crash on the main road at the border which has pixxed on my plans for the evening.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

: .

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Nearing the end of a busy day but my plans to pedal home keeps getting scuppered as every time I look out of the office window it starts tipping down. May need to MTFU and get out soon as there's cold cider in the fridge at home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]