sungod said:

carry on basking

In cinemas from Thursday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Gone cold here (8 degrees).
    WFH again.
    Undecided later, got something planned but might go to the gym instead.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, work, run and then undecided
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

carry on basking

In cinemas from Thursday
    with barbara windsor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMt-JNLAX7s
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, usual done already, early bike ride rain forecast this afternoon,, going to look at a van later on (Peugeot expert )
    Have a good day
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no idea what this basking nonsense is its grey an cool out. Fun day being pulled between what I'm meant to do an helping work out another issue.

Anyway, bit of work then some browsing the interweb.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    [Quite apt really]

No pedalling today SG?

Jack turned up at 10.10 last night. The barsteward. Like butter wouldn't melt - except he was very hungry.

What are you going to do with said van LD? You're not going to convert it and be one of those f*ckers who drive around at 30mph, holding everybody up?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Slow drivers are the reason cars should have 007 style front-mounted machine guns.

In the office today. Worked up a decent appetite pedalling in, which is good as I've got a free lunch with an advisor later :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Oddjob or Random Task?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Work, look after small people later, wife at the gym.

Following my tri in June I'm slowly starting to get back to wanting to exercise properly, I just haven't had the motivation to run (even though I've done a few) but last night went out and felt much better. I'm a good few miles behind our group though and the Manchester marathon is in October so I need to get out more!
    Running shoes will be going on holiday I think...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

[Quite apt really]

No pedalling today SG?

early 70k loop through the volcanoes, what looked like low cloud on timanfaya turned out to be high rain on timanfaya, rather moist with an exhilarating lack of brakes for the first fast steep corner

a delicious restorative brekkie at casa mila...
    shorturl.at/fDY14
    ...convenient for the dinosaur, and he lets me leave my bike in there while i'm shopping
  • homers_double
    Do you not feel the need to explore other places or do you have a base there?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Following my tri in June I'm slowly starting to get back to wanting to exercise properly, I just haven't had the motivation to run (even though I've done a few) but last night went out and felt much better. I'm a good few miles behind our group though and the Manchester marathon is in October so I need to get out more!

October is a while away, you have done this distance before. You have got this
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

[Quite apt really]

No pedalling today SG?

early 70k loop through the volcanoes, what looked like low cloud on timanfaya turned out to be high rain on timanfaya, rather moist with an exhilarating lack of brakes for the first fast steep corner

a delicious restorative brekkie at casa mila...
    shorturl.at/fDY14
    ...convenient for the dinosaur, and he lets me leave my bike in there while i'm shopping
    No rest day in this tour of Timanfaya?
    Who are your rivals - Coppi, Merckx, Hinault, Roche or (much deeper), Genghis, Alexander, Joseph et al?
  • homers_double
    tlw1 said:

October is a while away, you have done this distance before. You have got this
    :)

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Slow drivers are the reason cars should have 007 style front-mounted machine guns.

If you blow them up, they just block the road.
    What you need is a JCB Gti.

• homers_double
    oxoman said:

HD doesn't the number of competitors worry you. Supposed to do the Nottingham Robin hood half in Sept but have pulled out. The thought of running with 10 thousand plus other runners worries me.
    3 guesses as to my current location. Well worth a visit.

Not really, I'm double jabbed and have recovered from Covid.
    I've also taken part in an NHS program to check antibodies in vaccinated people and I have both types, those which arise from the illness itself and those which are generated by the vaccine.

I think the sort of people which enter these events are responsible enough to do a home lateral flow test prior to competing, I know the majority at Outlaw did.

That said if things change I can always pull out as well.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod

Do you not feel the need to explore other places or do you have a base there?

we go many other places too, that's when exploring happens, but for simple riding+lazing this is the default
  • homers_double
    I know what you mean Oxo, there are entrants on the FB group debating if it'll even go ahead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

50 cal clears stuff out of the way quite effectively tbh....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    anyhow, ciao

all good here. its sunny. eating chilli. getting pinged away just for a few weeks at the end of the month - can't bleedin' wait tbh
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

A good 'cow catcher' style chin spoiler should do the job.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_

I know what you mean Oxo, there are entrants on the FB group debating if it'll even go ahead.

Probably will, they've got your money so if you cancel it's tough.

If it's chip timed, just wait until 5 mins after the last runner crosses the start line like I did and enjoy the space.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

anyhow, ciao

all good here. its sunny. eating chilli. getting pinged away just for a few weeks at the end of the month - can't bleedin' wait tbh

But but, I thought you were being sent to the wrong place for the wrong reasons?!
  • MattFalle
    edited August 2021
    confirmed my dear fellow. and although i tried to explain all that its still going ahead.

its quite utterly bizarre to tell the truth and jolly inconsiderate to all and sundry, especially when i turn up there and they don't have a clue why.

I started to pack my bags earlier and jolly well got distracted by buying a riv nut gun to repair the swinging chair on the upper terrace.
  • pinno
    Riv nut guns and angle grinders - everything you need for construction and destruction.
    Are you taking it with you - you know, to the place you shouldn't be going to and don't know why?
  • lincolndave
    pinno said:

[Quite apt really]

What are you going to do with said van LD? You're not going to convert it and be one of those f*ckers who drive around at 30mph, holding everybody up?

I do that on the bike,( well not 30 mph )

• lincolndave
    oxoman said:

I reckon LD is going to do some odd job type stuff for the elderly and young and useless.

Plenty of people have popped out the woodwork since my retirement oxoman,
    “I don’t suppose you could do a little job for me”
    “ if you’ve got five minutes to spare can you just look at this “
    Are just a couple of quotes that come to mind😀

• MattFalle
    pinno said:

Riv nut guns and angle grinders - everything you need for construction and destruction.
    Are you taking it with you - you know, to the place you shouldn't be going to and don't know why?

no my friend, although it would be nice to take my swinging chair with me.

would definitly improve comfort and ambience.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

no my friend, although it would be nice to take my swinging chair with me.

would definitly improve comfort and ambience.
    Hammock's don't take up much room in your kit bag.

You know; like the song: "Pack up your Hammock in your old kit bag..."