wednesday summoning the eumenides

'ning

brekkie, head to airport, waft through first wing, pick up nyt and a few bottles of tawny, lounge for bubbly brekkie, fly, more bubbly, arrive, laze

hasta luego
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Enjoy SG

Gentle run with a pal and hounds and then WFH, later might be the fun bike and then hot tub, no ale tonight though as dad taxi duties
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Off to an Abernethy trust activity centre. There will be Kayaking, a climbing wall, archery plus other things.
    I dunno what the girls are going to do.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Hopefully not a tragedy upcoming sg.

Supposed to be a work work day. Woke up, mizzling, check forecast, thunderstorms 80% middle of day, bollox, went back to sleep. There's always tomorrow.

Today then an exciting and eagerly awaited alternative plan: I really must clean the house. Such fun. But a diversion from catching up on the TTs.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,514
    orraloon said:

leaving them in charge to watch over things

tawny port acquired, full english and bubbly has just arrived
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Very last day with the noddy squad. Then 3 days of the good squad. Then pastures new. Dry out for a bit.

This is great news
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Hound strolled, TDV's car washed, bambini dropped off at Cheryl the hairdresser so hanging around outside waiting for them.

Will go and grab a sausage roll from Edwyn's to tide over tummy rumbles.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Very last day with the noddy squad. Then 3 days of the good squad. Then pastures new. Dry out for a bit.

Congrats Oxo. I'm sure you'll be your usual tactful self on your last day :)

WFH again, company seems to be trying to buy everything that moves which is keeping us busy. Fortunately I can't read foreign tax documents so we're outsourcing the due diligence. Enjoying a bit of the Olympics from time to time, although the coverage of the women's beach volleyball is woefully inadequate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfh. Went to look at a prospective house with the old dear at lunchtime. She's interested but it would need some work of course. Still got to get planning and the sale of hers confirmed before we go too far.
    More importantly it's nearly time I went to the pub. Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

orraloon said:

Surely the only impending disaster is for UK champagne sales this week? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

orraloon said:

Surely the only impending disaster is for UK champagne sales this week? :)
    And pastries
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    M3: nil, Aygo: one

'ave it my son.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

M3: nil, Aygo: one

'ave it my son.

It’s the size of the fight in the dog, not the size of the dog in the fight
  • tlw1
    And relax

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    tlw1 said:

And relax

Shorts in a sex pond? There’s no shorts in a sex pond!

While we’re on the subject. You know when you fire bullets in water the velocity of the projectile rapidly decreases after a couple of feet. Is that the same for mucky stuff?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

And relax

While we’re on the subject. You know when you fire bullets in water the velocity of the projectile rapidly decreases after a couple of feet. Is that the same for mucky stuff?
    😂

Apparently ‘seagull deposits’ do block the filters
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

And relax

I'm guessing that's because the neighbours might be watching?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

And relax

Not overlooked 😉
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    tlw1 said:

And relax

I remember reading a research paper on faecal matter found in hot tubs, it was knocking around as it was funny. The unit of measurement they used was "buttwipes" which was equivalent to the amount of poo found on a bunch of bog roll from post-poo wiping. Wish i still had the link.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Eeeek.

So basically, TLW will become a filthy barsteward.

No change there then.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

And relax

Not overlooked 😉
    As long as you haven't got any MF type neighbours hiding in the bushes, no probs :)
  • tlw1
    Hence the outside shower…….
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Not the link i was refering to, but

Here's the assumptions and math:

These are typical numbers of fecal coliform bacteria per gram of wet feces: dog=23 million, human 13 million, pig 3.3 million, cow a quarter million)
    Since human feces and easy math are of greatest concern, I assumed 10 million fecal coliform bacteria per gram. This assumption builds into the conversion an overstatement of a factor of 1.3 if the bacteria are of human origin.
    Thus, one coliform bacteria weighs one ten millionth of a gram. Diluted in 100ml=100g of water, that's one part per billion.
    100 m3 water per swimming pool (a typical swimming pool is more like 75 m3 or 20,000 gallons)
    An average buttwipe is 0.1 gram (based on a few measurements which averaged 0.13 grams)
    Bowel movement is 1000g (one source gave 1113g as the average daily production of feces)
    A bath is 100 L; this is about 8" of water in an average bathtub. Full capacity is about twice this, depending on the displacement of the bather(s).
    1 turd = 10,000 buttwipes =1,000 grams = 1,000,000 milligrams
    1 swimming pool = 1000 bathtubs=100,000 bottles = 100 cubic meters = 100,000 liters

http://oasisdesign.net/water/quality/coliform.htm
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Not the link i was refering to, but

Here's the assumptions and math:

These are typical numbers of fecal coliform bacteria per gram of wet feces: dog=23 million, human 13 million, pig 3.3 million, cow a quarter million)
    Since human feces and easy math are of greatest concern, I assumed 10 million fecal coliform bacteria per gram. This assumption builds into the conversion an overstatement of a factor of 1.3 if the bacteria are of human origin.
    Thus, one coliform bacteria weighs one ten millionth of a gram. Diluted in 100ml=100g of water, that's one part per billion.
    100 m3 water per swimming pool (a typical swimming pool is more like 75 m3 or 20,000 gallons)
    An average buttwipe is 0.1 gram (based on a few measurements which averaged 0.13 grams)
    Bowel movement is 1000g (one source gave 1113g as the average daily production of feces)
    A bath is 100 L; this is about 8" of water in an average bathtub. Full capacity is about twice this, depending on the displacement of the bather(s).
    1 censored = 10,000 buttwipes =1,000 grams = 1,000,000 milligrams
    1 swimming pool = 1000 bathtubs=100,000 bottles = 100 cubic meters = 100,000 liters

http://oasisdesign.net/water/quality/coliform.htm

Now that's what I call a s**t post, Elbow.