tuesday because the kills all count the same

'ning

ride, cafe, nip into gmc, cafe, wfh, bail, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, run with pal, start work and then circa 10 mins later the crane will turn up to drop the hot tub off ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • tlw1
    Hounds, run with pal, start work and then circa 10 mins later the crane will turn up to drop the hot tub off ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Waiting in today for National Windscreens.
    Was looking forward to the thunderstorms this afternoon but the forecast says it's not happening now, just rain for most of the day.
    Off to make an aerial before the rain arrives.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited July 2021
    Morning, back home now , dog walked in the fine weather, thunder storms happening at the moment.
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    oxoman said:

Morning all, another day of doing very little. Was doing a ride out to Lincoln but thunder and biblical rain storms looming so mates have called it off. Currently black as the ace of spades out and spitting, time will tell. Have a nice day.

Best stay away from Lincoln, it would not surprise me if thereโ€™s some local flooding, absolutely throwing it down

• tlw1
    Neighbour took this and sent it to a load of people saying TLW1 has increased his cider orderโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    tlw1 said:

Neighbour took this and sent it to a load of people saying TLW1 has increased his cider orderโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

I thought you just dug a hole if you wanted a pond?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Doesnโ€™t get as many (cloth) curtains twitching
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Doesnโ€™t get as many (cloth) curtains twitching
    Not as much as after it's installed...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

bambini asleep, TDV TDV'ing, listening to MC Solaar whilst reading The Ipcress File.

Not sure what the day plans but its a tad grey out there .. .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Twice?! Farq me, you're not mucking around are you.

Cloudy here. Trying to get hold of British gas to install a meter that has yet to have a pipeline fitted but won't get a pipeline until BG agree to fitting a meter...

Hang on...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    do ypu lot have gas? i thought you all lived in caves?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

I blame Stevo / BR shite software
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

do ypu lot have gas? i thought you all lived in caves?

I dream of gas ๐Ÿ˜ข
  • MattFalle
    edited July 2021
    has anyone heard from H3?

#prayforH3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Day of wfh as is traditional on a Tuesday, usual fending off of stupid has been taking place. Somebody seems to have misplaced a container is the latest, I mean they are only little and it's easily lost under the car seat isn't it. Other than that nothing much changes, out for beer and curry on the company tonight.
    Hยณ is on holiday, hopefully having a good time. I could do with a holiday.
    No rain here as yet today, but then we've had enough of that lately. It will probably rain when I go out later.
    Thanks for clarifying what type of curtains were twitching TLW. How long until the sex pond is ready to go? Then how long until the filters need unblocking?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited July 2021
    Morning!

Friday was a success, ride-wise. Didn't take any photos, thought I'd spend the day in the moment rather than through a lens as usual...

(I really hate this forum software - can't embed anything!)

https://www.komoot.com/tour/429458258?share_token=a8Vkn2G8FPzlNfPh6lXuJkG9YLBu20pzcDkOPci7AV6T1p4osd&ref=wtd
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Cloudy here. Trying to get hold of British gas to install a meter that has yet to have a pipeline fitted but won't get a pipeline until BG agree to fitting a meter...

Hang on...

Gas meter not working since last October, gas man came last week to fix it (first available appointment!) only to tell me he couldnโ€™t because of asbestos in the electric meter, which he needs to access. Waiting for appointment for electric meter now. Hope they donโ€™t need access to the non working gas meter ๐Ÿค”
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Ben6899
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Hang on...

Gas meter not working since last October, gas man came last week to fix it (first available appointment!) only to tell me he couldnโ€™t because of asbestos in the electric meter, which he needs to access. Waiting for appointment for electric meter now. Hope they donโ€™t need access to the non working gas meter ๐Ÿค”

We're almost at winter again... I'd leave it and keep warm without paying for it.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Update

Monday = worked too hard, not used to it, farked.
    Tuesday = recovery
    Wednesday = recovery
    Thursday = recovery
    Friday = last minute panic work, realises left too much to do, give up, fark it.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • MattFalle

Morning folks,
    Day of wfh as is traditional on a Tuesday, usual fending off of stupid has been taking place. Somebody seems to have misplaced a container is the latest, I mean they are only little and it's easily lost under the car seat isn't it. Other than that nothing much changes, out for beer and curry on the company tonight.
    Hยณ is on holiday, hopefully having a good time. I could do with a holiday.
    No rain here as yet today, but then we've had enough of that lately. It will probably rain when I go out later.
    Thanks for clarifying what type of curtains were twitching TLW. How long until the sex pond is ready to go? Then how long until the filters need unblocking?

but H3 normally gets bored on hols after 2 days and sends us pictures of women by swimming pools.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

give up, fark it.

This.

A (genuine) Finnish expression: 'It's never too late to give up'.

Why is the wind always out of the North at the moment?
    If I want a TWH, I have to go Norf. Which is hilly. I'm fed up of hilly. I'm too feeble for hilly all the time.
    I want to go uphill 1 out of 3 rides.

Must do some stretching.
    Went on the Colnago. There's something about that Colnago.
    I think the Aygo was a good purchase by the MF's. Everything is going to be better than the Aygo - their bikes, their kids, their hols, car parks, sex even.
    It's no use having Porsche's and Colnago's - you never get that contrast.

That ride is some effort Ben - uphill all the way too!
  • Ben6899
    edited July 2021
    pinno said:

That's how it felt at times!

Is paracetamol a controlled substance in Professional Cycling? My dodgy knee was playing up around Chertsey, so I took two Panadols. Coincidentally, I was getting a bit of cramp in one of my thighs.

Obviously, the Panadols fixed both issues and I actually got a few PBs on roads around Kingston, Hampton, Sunbury.

Made me think about bidons, filled with dissolved paracetamol at the last feed zone...
    Ben

• veronese68
    Ben6899 said:

...and I actually got a few PBs on roads around Kingston, Hampton, Sunbury.

I see you rode round Diana's Ring. You should have stopped in for a cup of coffee, although I may have been in the pub by that point.
  • pinno

Ben6899 said:

I see you rode round Diana's Ring. You should have stopped in for a cup of coffee, although I may have been in the pub by that point.
    Would venturing into pub to meet you after 100+ miles be a sensible idea?
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Would venturing into pub to meet you after 100+ miles be a sensible idea?
    Not in the slightest, but watching them trying to get going again would have been entertaining if a little cruel. But, beer is the ideal fuel for a ride. Water and complex carbohydrates.
  • Ben6899
    Next time, @veronese68 ... I actually rode around her ring yesterday as well!
    Ben

• MattFalle
    Since i had finished building the motorbike i had forgotten how nice titanium bolts were.

they be lovely and they are going to bankrupt me again.
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

pinno said:

That's how it felt at times!

Is paracetamol a controlled substance in Professional Cycling? My dodgy knee was playing up around Chertsey, so I took two Panadols. Coincidentally, I was getting a bit of cramp in one of my thighs.

Obviously, the Panadols fixed both issues and I actually got a few PBs on roads around Kingston, Hampton, Sunbury.

Made me think about bidons, filled with dissolved paracetamol at the last feed zone...
    paracetamol ypu say?

welcome to my world.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/paracetamol.html