Sports bras and HRM chest straps

Ands
Ands Posts: 1,437
edited February 2010 in Women
A horrible combination!

Has anyone found a decent sports bra that actually sits well with a chest strap? I replaced my Polar this year - the old one-piece chest strap was OK under a bra, but the new 2-piece strap (with removable sensor) catches on the bra all the time. I'm wondering if this is contributing to the erratic readings or complete loss of heart rate reading I'm getting .

So, looking to get a new sports bra, just wondering what sort. :)

Thanks

Comments

• My housemate is a rower, she tends to put hers just below her sports bra, doesn't seem to catch on it. You can mount them pretty far down and still have them work.

The alternative is cateye do one that clips onto your sports bra, also works well.

Look for quite a short one, being not too impact heavy you shouldn't need one that comes right down, one that finishes with a band below your breasts should be fine.
  • P.S. i'm not a cross-dresser, this is all from observation.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I don't use a monitor or chest strap, but as far as sports bras go I swear by Shock Absorber - they're fab (and I have loads of them) :D

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/default.aspx

Holds everything in place and makes my books look nice too - BONUS! :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Ands
    P.S. i'm not a cross-dresser, this is all from observation.
    That's even more worrying :shock: :lol:
  • Ands
    miss notax wrote:

I have 2 Shock Absorbers at the mo. I would describe them as more like a maternity bra - LOL. :D (They do hold everything in place but definately a case of function over form ! )
  • Ands wrote:

I'm not going to argue if she wants to walk around in them all the time. Plus they do look good on the right shape woman...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    We need pictures so that we can see the problem you're having :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • i can post any. But she might be in the background of one of my bike photos.
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    miss notax wrote:

:lol: How do you they make your books look nice? All standing up nice and straight, arrnaged in size order from biggest to smallest instead of just being in a big pile :wink:
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    myopic wrote:
    miss notax wrote:

:lol: How do you they make your books look nice? All standing up nice and straight, arrnaged in size order from biggest to smallest instead of just being in a big pile :wink:

:shock: :lol:

Sadly not - but I shall definitely try some of those next time :wink::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Ands
    Shouldn't all you blokes be looking at the 'Girls in Santa Costumes' thread in Cake Stop instead of a photoless thread about sports bras & HRMs :lol:
  • I tend to use a crop top style bra instead and the HRM sits great underneath there. Am not the biggest of ladies up top though so maybe I get away with it better.
  • Ands
    miss notax wrote:
    I don't use a monitor or chest strap, but as far as sports bras go I swear by Shock Absorber - they're fab (and I have loads of them) :D

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/default.aspx

I bought a new Shock Absorber and it is fab! I used it today and it is probably the first time in months that I have had a heart rate reading from start to finish without it dropping to 0. I bought one that is like a crop top and I have to say it does look great - much nicer than my other 2 SAs - double bonus as I used to wear SA + crop top (for a bit of extra support) + t-shirt in gym - now I don't need the separate crop top. Did the bounce test and all good :lol: . Good job I read the reviews tho - would normally wear a 32 and lots of reviews on Figleaves said how tight they were and to size up, so I got a 34 and it is very tight. So, just popped in to say thx for selling the virtues of the SA as I would have not even considered it otherwise. :)
  • Ands wrote:

I'm not going to argue if she wants to walk around in them all the time. Plus they do look good on the right shape woman...

are there any spare rooms going at your place?
    be happy to share room with your housemate if space is tight :lol:
  • ratnibdstabdsekl
    ratnibdstabdsekl Posts: 4
    edited July 2021
    Any bra is good for small breast size. But if you have bigger bra cup, then you need to test a few brands to find the one with the best support. I personally like posture correction bras for every day and even for some light workouts https://thefluencewoman.com/ortorex-wireless-bra-posture-corrector/. You can also try this option – it is very helpful for everyone.