alas poor scorchio, i knew it wouldn't last

ride, cafes, wfh a bit, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Pack car then drive south.

Glad to hear it's cool down there, it's still nearly 20 degrees here right now.

Should probably go and see the neighbours as it looked like they were moving out last night.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Doing the Puffin Island boat trip again today from Beaumaris. Going to be 29 degrees later apparently, before it cools down tomorrow, when it's only 21.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    elbowloh said:

Doing the Puffin Island boat trip again today from Beaumaris. Going to be 29 degrees later apparently, before it cools down tomorrow, when it's only 21.

Wonder if it will be Matt skippering the boat? If so - loverly chap
  • tlw1
    Early long walk as youngest couldn’t sleep and asked if I wanted to go for a walk 😱

Now recovery run then work stuff, lunchtime jump in the van and off to Ludlow (again) hopefully get enough reception to work from it in the afternoon.

Later is various pubs and then Thai restaurant
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast no sign of the sun, shopping , cycling, getting ready for a few days in Norfolk
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

No - I'm not there today but thank you for the compliment anyway.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Lovely and sunny but temperature has dropped and breezy.

Normal day, normal day.

Took the Aygo through its first field yesterday afternoon so may take it for a coffee today.
  • elbowloh
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

I think it was Matt on Monday when we did it
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

👍 he’s a great mountain biker
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Sounds too competent to be that Matt of the Hancock in a new job then?

Have a vacc (no not that one) appointment in less than an hour so had better get arris in gear. Then some pottering about in more pleasant temps before beers and live musics later. Busy day eh.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

Took the Aygo through its first field yesterday afternoon so may take it for a coffee today.

Was it well behaved near sheep?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Pack car then drive south.

Glad to hear it's cool down there, it's still nearly 20 degrees here right now.

Should probably go and see the neighbours as it looked like they were moving out last night.

Are they leaving you the cat?
  • pinno
    Sunny again here. Couple of degrees cooler so they say but I can't tell.
    Now what...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    A day of wfh, fending off usual levels of stupid as best I can. Knocking off a little early as it POETS day, going to a local hostelry with the EPO. A bit cooler here as well, storms forecast for the weekend. She's got the day off today so I tried to leave her to sleep in a bit. Car outside starts tooting it's horn at 7.30am, what sort of twunt blares their horn in a quiet residential street at that time. Not becasue there was anyone in the way or to alert someone to danger but becasue they were too f#cking lazy to get out the car and walk 40 feet to knock on a door. Selfish twunt friends of selfish twunt neighbours, hardly a surprise. Hopefully someone will buy their house soon.
    Good luck in the south Thistle, it's not all bad I promise.
    Do the Welsh have to take their cars rallying? Is it some sort of initiation or rite of passage?
    Anyway, coffee...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Not quite so sweaty today so wfh is OK. Got lots to do but that isn't a bad thing. May try a run later as I've only pedalled once this week and need to keep the lard at bay.

House stuff on-going, got contractors going in next week to assess and quote.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Was it well behaved near sheep?

too busy getting air over the bumps and ruts to play at Gigolo.....

.... but today's a new day so who knows what might happen.....
  • MattFalle
    sitting on the floor in a car park waiting for the bambino.

be there at 2:30 sharp said TDV. They have to be all packed up and gone by 2:45 said TDV

so i'm still sitting here on the gloor, Aygo shimmering in the sunlight.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Were the MF's so dazzled by the Aygo they missed bambino walking straight past them?
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

More like bambino walked past ignoring the car in shame. 😂😉 She wanted the Porsche.

I can imagine MF sitting in his Aygo in the car park wearing a balaclava to avoid being spotted :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle

Were the MF's so dazzled by the Aygo they missed bambino walking straight past them?

maybe....

he made it home fine.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

More like bambino walked past ignoring the car in shame. 😂😉 She wanted the Porsche.

tbh, when i first presented it to the bambini it was met with a stunned silence.

i put that down to them being overawed by the fuckingawesomeness of it.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I can imagine MF sitting in his Aygo in the car park wearing a balaclava to avoid being spotted :p
    hiding in the passenger footwell.
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, do car washes (the machine ones down at the petrol station, not two likely lads with a bucket and sponge) fuckup your paintwork, or is that an urban myth?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

as an aside, do car washes (the machine ones down at the petrol station, not two likely lads with a bucket and sponge) fuckup your paintwork, or is that an urban myth?

I've used one of those more modern ones with the soft flat things that wipe the muck off the car and it seems fine. Not sure about some of the older petrol station jobbies though. Best try it first with a cheap car - like an Aygo, say.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

It really depends on how well maintained they are,
    Seen as it's new and you don't strike me as someone who cleans and waxes their car much, have you thought about getting a ceramic coating? They work really well with new paint and it keeps the paintwork protected, easy to clean and harder to scratch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-RCS500-Coating-Rapid-Ceramic/dp/B08Y6YNWJV/ref=asc_df_B08Y6YNWJV/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=500814794818&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6884582827574477577&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006794&hvtargid=pla-1213151101581&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

It lasts a long while. There are other brands.
  • elbowloh
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

Twas Nadine today. A couple of puffins, no seals really, but we did see a couple of porpoises, not on purpose.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

Twas Nadine today. A couple of puffins, no seals really, but we did see a couple of porpoises, not on purpose.
    Any pics of this Nadine?
  • MattFalle
    edited July 2021
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Seen as it's new and you don't strike me as someone who cleans and waxes their car much, have you thought about getting a ceramic coating? They work really well with new paint and it keeps the paintwork protected, easy to clean and harder to scratch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-RCS500-Coating-Rapid-Ceramic/dp/B08Y6YNWJV/ref=asc_df_B08Y6YNWJV/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=500814794818&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6884582827574477577&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006794&hvtargid=pla-1213151101581&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I think you have guessed me and my car cleanliness habits spot on P.

What's the principal behind that ceramic stuff? why is it different to, say, wax?

• tlw1
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

I think you have guessed me and my car cleanliness habits spot on P.

What's the principal behind that ceramic stuff? why is it different to, say, wax?

You can’t ceramic your legs?
  • MattFalle
    or can I?

watch this space....