Giant TCR Expansion Wedge

I recently got a brand new Giant TCR Pro Disc 0. When I got it I took it to get fitted. Unfortunately the fitter had a brain fart and while switching out the stem he torqued the top cap to the same torque as the stem bolts. This supposedly over torqued the stem bolt it was connected to and it came loose. The bolt would turn but it wouldn’t bite to anything. This caused a ton of play in the fork and I had to take it to a bike shop. They turned it upside down and said they were able to reconnect it. So here is my question. The bike operates fine with one exception. The handlebar turns super easily in towards itself. If I am wheeling it forward by holding the seat the handlebar will just jackknife in. Is this caused by something that’s broken within the fork? Do I need to take the fork apart and make sure the over torequing didn’t do any real damage? I can’t find much online about how the components of the fork work so I feel like I am flying blind. Thanks!

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    The headset is either too loose and has play or its fine.
    If you press the front brake hard and rock the bike forward and backward can you feel/see play in the headset bearings ?
    If you cant then ride your bike and stop pushing it around by the seat !
  • The fitter should be putting this right .
    This is his doing .If you mess too much with it he could probably say it's something you done