tuesday a pineapple by any other name

'ning

ride, cafes, smidge of wfh, bubbly rendezvous for chum's retirement
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Hounds, work stuff, tempo run which will be unpleasant as recovery run last night was shoot,
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning

WFW today, hopefully the office air con is working.

Supposed to be going to yoga later but might give it a miss if it's a bit hot and sticky.
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning my fine friends on this hot and muggy morning. Another scorcher I suspect and I'm back on shift. Waiting for contract to arrive before handing notice in. Going to be hard not saying stuff it and walking out, luckily I'm more professional than that.

👍
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blue skies, garden watered again, tigger walked he is not keen with this hot weather, early ride
    Have a good day
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Early (for me unlike some others) up and off soon to work work. Going to get fried. Will see how long can tolerate but... early finish coming.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Tired. Tired tired tired and I should have known better.

Stayed up too late to watch "Killing Escobar" last night on tv and it were absolutely rubbish (caught it half way through so "green buttoned" it to watch it from the begining and as it petered out having wasted 1 1/2 hours of my life at 11:30 the regret sank in).

Now stumbling around bleary eyed before going to the gym and going to get the new car.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mrs H³ left at 7 with the dog, even then she wasn't keen, the dog that is, she hates the heat. Wfh, so a pedal in the warm, then meeting an ex-colleague for lunch, then more wfw, then another pedal, this time in the hot.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    wfh for me so no sweaty pedalling today, nice temperature at the moment with the back door open. Seem to have fixed the coffee machine so an espresso shortly for it's first proper test. Then if it works properly the covers can go back on, fingers crossed.
    I tried to find an image of a bloke standing next to an Aygo so I could do a Cargobike Tesla on the MFs, there are no pictures of a bloke with an Aygo on the whole of the interweb. Although I only looked for a couple of seconds I admit. I reckon this is the shady MF with his Aygo

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    "Ananas" in just about every other language. The closest you'll get to "pineapple" is the Spanish "pina".

Morning!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Who said what?

Guess we're all a bit tired.
    Swimming (for the first time in 16 months) + a hilly ride + the heat. Well, the heat is lovely actually but it does temper your efforts.
    Kinda wish I was back home 'cos it's forecasted to be 26 deg c. I could wind the locals up something rotten.
    The locals who say "you're wearing long johns in this weather?!" [When it's a measly 15 deg].
    "Ooooh it's tae warum... oooooh dearie me... I cannae dae ocht.....". Which normally happens when the mercury hits about 18 deg c.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle

Morning folks,
    wfh for me so no sweaty pedalling today, nice temperature at the moment with the back door open. Seem to have fixed the coffee machine so an espresso shortly for it's first proper test. Then if it works properly the covers can go back on, fingers crossed.
    I tried to find an image of a bloke standing next to an Aygo so I could do a Cargobike Tesla on the MFs, there are no pictures of a bloke with an Aygo on the whole of the interweb. Although I only looked for a couple of seconds I admit. I reckon this is the shady MF with his Aygo

nah fam - that's a pre facelift bottom of the range job - mine is an X-Clusive, that's an X-Creta or something.

Should be picking mine up in about 3 houra

#nervous
  • hopkinb
    edited July 2021
    Spate of thefts from the outdoor racks means I have something sitting next to me today.
    Luckily office is empty as usual, and the new interior storage is opening later this week.

Also, I want a pink Rapha backpack cover. Seems to give you immunity from red traffic lights. You can even scatter pedestrians crossing on a green man. I suspect he was almost certainly a clubbie, but without the balls to ride like such a tw@t in his club kit because I'd have taken a picture and sent it to the club. Expensive kit, nice bike, flashing rear light, should know better than to ride like a 13 year old crack mule on a BMX.

Turned myself inside out chasing him down and passing him nonchalantly, but he'd jump *every* *single* light, even the ones that a crack mule might think twice about.
  • pinno
    Hoppy - metropolitan cycle policeman.

What exactly were you going to do had you actually caught up with him? Re-education programs take years
    ---->enter holier than thou protagonist sticking oar in [Act 1, scene 2]
    "...you see, these bstards give us cyclists a bad reputation..."

There's too many of you fighting over too little space.
    It's chaos.
    Get up at 4.30 am and ride around emptyish streets, go to cafe'(s), eat pineapple, drink bubbly.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Spate of thefts from the outdoor racks means I have something sitting next to me today.
    Luckily office is empty as usual, and the new interior storage is opening later this week.

Also, I want a pink Rapha backpack cover. Seems to give you immunity from red traffic lights. You can even scatter pedestrians crossing on a green man. I suspect he was almost certainly a clubbie, but without the balls to ride like such a tw@t in his club kit because I'd have taken a picture and sent it to the club. Expensive kit, nice bike, flashing rear light, should know better than to ride like a 13 year old crack mule on a BMX.

Turned myself inside out chasing him down and passing him nonchalantly, but he'd jump *every* *single* light, even the ones that a crack mule might think twice about.

tbh, i really, really don't understand why peopke do it.

if you're that important/busy that you have to rush everywhere at a gazillion mph, leave earlier.

otherwise just chill.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

otherwise just chill.

They can't 'chill' in that there London.

• hopkinb
    pinno said:

Hoppy - metropolitan cycle policeman.

What exactly were you going to do had you actually caught up with him? Re-education programs take years
    ---->enter holier than thou protagonist sticking oar in [Act 1, scene 2]
    "...you see, these bstards give us cyclists a bad reputation..."

There's too many of you fighting over too little space.
    It's chaos.
    Get up at 4.30 am and ride around emptyish streets, go to cafe'(s), eat pineapple, drink bubbly.

I did catch up with him, a lot, because he was slow, I didn't say a word, just passed him. Eventually I'd burned all my matches though.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

if you're that important/busy that you have to rush everywhere at a gazillion mph, leave earlier.

otherwise just chill.
    He wasn't rushing because he was too slow to actually rush, just jumping all the lights because he is an entitled be11end.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

otherwise just chill.

They can't 'chill' in that there London.

I'm not very good at "chilling" on a bicycle, especially on a 16 km commute - just go as fast as I can between the lights. I do stop at red lights though, even if I'm sat there like a t1t at an empty beeping ped crossing.
  • pinno
    TBH, when I commuted back in 'Naam, my knuckles went white and I went as fast as I could and rode like a twunt. How I was never seriously hurt, I do not know.
    On the occasional sojourn's through my local TC, I can feel the red mist and the contempt rising in me in that short period of time.
    Put me in a car in a busy environment and i'm cool as a cucumber.
    I guess it's because I feel vulnerable and by being aggressive, it's like I take control of the roads and be the protagonist rather than the afflicted/victim.
    Which are both wrong.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Lordy its warm!
    WFW, half packed, much to do tonight.
    Bloody frost free freezer has gone on the blink again, ironically by icing up in the fan compartment.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited July 2021
    This arrived…

(I know: it’s rotated; and our butcher’s block needs rubbing down)

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited July 2021
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

otherwise just chill.
    He wasn't rushing because he was too slow to actually rush, just jumping all the lights because he is an entitled be11end.
    Might be worth checking in commuting chat whether someone is complaining about being drafted by a bloke on a Titanium bike :smile:

Hot and sweaty in the home office already, but will be headed in to enjoy the office air con tomorrow. Still sorting out house related stuff as well although to be fair, Mrs.666 is pulling her weight on this. Onwards to more work...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144

Is this CB or one of the MFs?

• MattFalle
    I HAVE IT

ITS MINE

ITS VERY RED

It came under a red sheet in the unveiling bay
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

I HAVE IT

ITS MINE

ITS VERY RED

MattFalle said:

I HAVE IT

ITS MINE

ITS VERY RED

Don’t be CB, show us
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Did he make it up for the internet?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297

Did he make it up for the internet?

If he made it up to keep the other MFs quiet it could be absolute CARnage :D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    POIDH! POIDH! POIDH!

Xxxx that got hot. Started early, managed to sort it so last 3 hours were out of direct sun. Shade temp hit 34. At which point shady work completed, time to jack it in.

The beers are in the freezer; the ones already in fridge are all high ABV so not the best way to start....
  • MattFalle
    in the trade they call this a teaser

• MattFalle
    71 bhp of rip snorting 997cc mo'fukkin powa