TDF - Where to watch in Paris?: COVID style

WGD
WGD Posts: 12
Hey everyone,

Am in Paris this weekend which has wonderfully coincided with the Tour tomorrow. After sifting through these forums it seems like Jardins des Tuileries seems like the spot to watch from.

Only wrinkle is that all of the classic spectator spots seem to be inside a restricted perimeter requiring a health pass or a negative test. I had previously expected to be able to rock up early and camp out in a good spot. I’m double jabbed in the UK, does anyone know whether showing this in the NHS app would suffice? Also having walked around a bit I couldn’t find any spectator info points at all so was wondering if anyone knew of anything like this where I could ask about how tomorrow might be organised for spectators.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,551
    I watched in the Jardin in 2018 for my first Paris stage following advice on here. Unfortunately they barriered that side that year following terrorist attacks which meant watching from inside the park railings. It was still an OK view and quiet until an hour before the race came through but not being able to get roadside was a bit disappointing. I could have easily got a roadside spot up until about an hour or two before the race on the opposite side of the road but couldn't get across. Who knows in the current situation though as last year it was closed to spectators from memory.
  • WGD
    WGD Posts: 12
    Thanks for the heads up - might have a look at roadside instead then. I’ll be there in good time and size things up. A lot will depend on the Covid set up I imagine but this advice is really helpful RE having to watch from inside the park.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    How did you get on?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18