saturday fun fun fun in the sun sun sun

'ning

ride, cafes, finish glueing fresh tub, bask, maybe watch last few in tdf tt
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it looks all set for another sunny day, riding early, a spot of gardening, relaxing , and bbq later
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds then long run, quick turn around and then off in the camper. Meeting some friends so there will be too much ale
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Dog walked, currently chilling outside having breakfast. Looking to be a scorcher today. Won't be doing a great deal today as I'm another year older apparently, don't feel it. See what the family have planned for me later.

Happy birthday oxo! 🤩🤩🥳🥳🥳🎂🎂🎂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    happy birthday, does that make you oxio now?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Walking the hound before going to do a liad of instructing for the Scouts then back into family stuff.

glorious here so more than happy to be inside......
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    And HB Oxo!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited July 2021
    Is it obligatory to go out in your most TT/aero gear in honour of stage 20, if you go for a ride today, regardless of the planned effort? :D

Getting out for a ride before 0800 for a third day on the spin didn't happen this morning, despite being up at 0600 again, feeling a bit drained after yesterday. Desperately trying to motivate myself to get ready and go out, all the while it's getting increasingly warm out there, 23C and it's not even 1000 yet... Quite.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited July 2021
    Happy birthday Oxo, looks like you're just ahead of me.

Good lie in had, which was needed. Deciding whether to walk dogs now or this evening given the heat. Have a few jobs to do and will be drafting emails to go to solicitors and surveyors about the house buying stuff. So not a huge amount of fun...

Although on the plus side junior did come back from her job placement on the chicken farm with a pressie from the farmer of 30 eggs. Looks like we'll be having omelettes quite regularly this weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Going out for a swift pedal. Not as in pacey, as in just for an hour. Then Mrs H³ is out for afternoon tea, with a pal, and I have to mind both my kid and the pal's kid. Too hot to take them out with the dog. Too busy for anywhere drivable, so will have to walk somewhere and get ice cream.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, another tea or coffee is the dilemma I'm currently facing.
    Happy birthday Oxo, hope the family spoil you. Day of pottering and enjoying sunshine lies ahead of me. Have a good day everyone.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    finished glueing tub, fitted cassette, put on shiny bike ready for morning

scoff steak sandwich, then unfurl basking towel
  • veronese68
    If anyone was worried, we had tea. Just seen something that made us very happy, a for sale sign has gone up next door 😄
  • hopkinb

a for sale sign has gone up next door 😄

Hurrah!

Ride ridden. It's a bit 'ot.

• Stevo_666
    Hounds walked - woods are very shady and we took lots of water for them. Probably wont get walked tomorrow as its even hotter.

Have sent house survey off to a one of the neighbours and mate who are surveyors to get their views, hoping it's a case of chipping the price as the report suggested, rather than show stoppers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

If anyone was worried, we had tea. Just seen something that made us very happy, a for sale sign has gone up next door 😄

Let’s hope you get some nice quiet normal c.unts this time 👍
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Maybe I should come round and take a look. I hear there's money to be made from buying houses and converting them into multiple occupation to rent out to chavs o:)
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Maybe I should come round and take a look. I hear there's money to be made from buying houses and converting them into multiple occupation to rent out to chavs o:)
    Listed for £975k with 4 bedrooms, not bad for a house that originally sold for £200. As Seano said, hopefully some quieter cnuts. They'd be hard pushed to be more unpleasant.
  • seanoconn

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Listed for £975k with 4 bedrooms, not bad for a house that originally sold for £200. As Seano said, hopefully some quieter cnuts. They'd be hard pushed to be more unpleasant.
    To be fair to the neighbours, you probably don’t remember because of your age, the hardship involved in raising kids. 😂
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Feeling hot, hot, hot. Ole ole, ole ole.

Pleasant pootle with #1 daughter, inc a refresher pub stop. Then an afternoon barbie. But that bright light thing in the sky is Hot.

Catch up on the TT and watch my pick fall to bits. Again.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

To be fair to the neighbours, you probably don’t remember because of your age, the hardship involved in raising kids. 😂
    Harsh but true.

Just wait till some lottery winning scouse family moves in.

In Northumberlandshire county. Very 'ot.

Cat sitter is consoling cat 'cos his servants have left and I am the anti-christ because of the flea/wormer spot on. This, despite giving him some Gourmet sachet thingies as form of compensation.

Last minute decision this morning - leave Porker and fill van with stuff - including bike. Wahey!

Oxo lix: Growing old is mandatory, having fun is optional.

HB BTW!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Aye, happy birthday oxo, also congrats on the new job.

Been sitting drinking very cold lilt in the air conditioned office. Just come back in the house to check the kids haven't killed each other. They're happily watching some Marvel thing. Firing up the pizza oven shortly.

I might have to shell out for some new cleats. Still intermittent clicking on full tightness on left pedal. Cleats are 4 years old, pedal is older. Maybe I should just bite the bullet...
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Been sitting drinking very cold lilt in the air conditioned office. Just come back in the house to check the kids haven't killed each other. They're happily watching some Marvel thing. Firing up the pizza oven shortly.

I might have to shell out for some new cleats. Still intermittent clicking on full tightness on left pedal. Cleats are 4 years old, pedal is older. Maybe I should just bite the bullet...

You’re wanted in the workshop section
  • veronese68
    Replace the cleats, but back off the pedal tension when you do. Alternatively get someone to video your first dismount then share with us 😂
    Re neighbours; lottery winning scousers would be preferable to sociopath Saffers that are too selfish to have children.
    As H³ said, it's 'ot out there. Went for a walk then met female child after shed finished work. Lad called earlier, car key had got wet meaning the car wouldn't recognise it after he dried it and replaced the battery. Google was no help so I was about to go down with the spare key. Suggested disconnecting the battery for a bit and trying again as a possible solution. Buggerme, it worked.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    hopkinb said:

If you’ve got Look pedals given the price of the cleats, it’s probably worth getting some new pedals as you get cleats with them.
  • pinno
    edited July 2021
    webboo said:

hopkinb said:

If you’ve got Look pedals given the price of the cleats, it’s probably worth getting some new pedals as you get cleats with them.
    What?! A tenner:

https://www.merlincycles.com/look-keo-cleats-46639.html?utm_source=PHG&utm_medium=AffiliateMarketing&utm_campaign=phg-GB&ucpo=1144&source=PHG

Or £12.95 for the grey.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/look-keo-grip-cleats/rp-prod23668?gs=1&sku=sku66305&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=base&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7fX0lvbq8QIV0uvtCh18ogoYEAQYAiABEgJ23PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • webboo
    You can get a pair of pedals for £29/£33 so the cleats are a third of the price of the pedals.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

You can get a pair of pedals for £29/£33 so the cleats are a third of the price of the pedals.

Okay...

[Pedant mode: ON]

I have Look Keo Carbon on both bikes and they were £80 a pair roughly.
    ...and they just go on and on and on.

[Pedant mode: OFF]
  • webboo
    I have a couple of pairs of those and they have lasted about 3 years before one of them usually the left starts to click. I always remove my left foot to get off when stopping. I have regreased them and this gives them another few months before the clicking starts again.
  • pinno
    When mine finally die, I will be converting to Time. I like the idea of a bigger platform.
    Also, on longer rides, I can't seem to prevent hot spots at the front of the foot. I have used inserts and even tried moving the cleat position around a little, which isn't really ideal.
  • hopkinb
    Spd metal mountain bike ones in nice giro carbon soles....they look pretty worn...