friday i tawt i taw a pussycat

'ning

smidge hungover from a surfeit of billecart salmons and tawny ports, and far too little food and water

ride, cafe, cafe, webex, tdf, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Also a tad fuzzy this morning as despite not getting home and having my first drink till just after 21:00 I managed a reasonable amount of ale.

Today is WFH then sort the camper van ready to go away with friends this weekend.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blue skies again, doesn’t it make you feel better?
    Anyway jane wants a day at the coast so that’s where we are going, all of the usual stuff done
    Have a good day , tlw hope you have a good weekend
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Will there be a puddytat down in the riverside meadows? Doubt it, the Wessex beefers rule. The last opportunity for thistle pulling this year, or so I've been told, is today's volunteer sesh. Gonna be a hot one. Strangely relaxing, pulling these thistles, get a bit zen, ken.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    sunny, smidge of cloud but looks like it'll clear, at newsagent intimidated thief into dropping swag and running for it, first ride on bora, rather loud, glue fresh tub on lw later

a cafe stroll may be in order
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

sunny and nice, bambini asleep so watching yesterday's stage whilst eating onion bhajees.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I did, I did, I did taw a puddy tat! My old one in fact. Sitting on the top of Mrs H³'s office in the morning sun. Must be 11 now, not bad for a cat. Still looks in good nick. Buggered off after mini was born and a chap a couple of houses down started feeding her.

Wfh, lap (lunch at pub) wfh wfh. Yawn.
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:

sunny, smidge of cloud but looks like it'll clear, at newsagent intimidated thief into dropping swag and running for it, first ride on bora, rather loud, glue fresh tub on lw later

What was the swag? A copy of the Telegraph, a can of lilt and a Frys chocolate cream?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No fuzz here bar some facial fuzz I haven't attacked with the razor.

blue sky's an warm so far perfect weather for being a hermit an doing IT work. OH is off doing what has been classed as essential work (raiding Morrisions for alcohol) hoping they have my current favourite porter in as I reckon it will be lovely in this promised hot weather (North brewing Co Full Fathom 5) if not theres plenty of others but none with coconut an coffee.

Anyway attempted a run today appears I have some weirdness on my foot likely a broken toe, but they all still move freely.
    I plan to use this to preclude me from any and all housework obviously I can still ride though.

I want a can of Lilt now Hoppy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Curb clipped this morning, distracted by the shorty shorts and skirts this morning. Limited opportunity for the ladies to strip off so far but summer is here! 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    step83 said:

:)

I always have a bottle of Lilt in the house. Though I think it's Lilt zero now.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited July 2021
    hopkinb said:

step83 said:

:)

I always have a bottle of Lilt in the house. Though I think it's Lilt zero now.

Not having had lilt in a very long time I venture it would taste the same to me. I have an urge to get some, an add some rum

Also, can tell its silverstone weekend, helimachoppers galore today
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Tracking down a singular day 2 test for our return to zombie island, odd that everyone wants to sell me day 8 tests as part of the pack which we don't need.

Rode yesterday, it was shocking following a gym session on the legs.

Fit new cleats to summer shoes later as well as dog sitting for the weekend.

Ride over to Pendle Hill tomorrow to cheer MrsHD in a running race/event, ride back and jump in the hot tub.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Morning All. Busy with stuff including reading through the surveyor's report on the house. I know they're being thorough, but 47 pages...hopefully nothing too expensive is in there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh and fending off idiots remotely rather than abusing them in person. The company has confirmed current wfh/wfw arrangements will continue at least until September which seems sensible and suits me.
    47 pages Stevo? Are you buying a palace? They are massively over-cautious as you say. When we bought this place they commented on the ties holding the building together saying they should be checked out. Friend's dad was a retired surveyor, took a quick look and said the building is Victorian, those ties are Victorian and it's obvious nothing has moved in a very long time so don't worry. We've been here 25 years now and it's never been an issue.
    When did HD's sex pond get renamed as a hot tub? I guess it does sound a little less seedy. Well done on the scrote intimidation SG, good for them to know people are watching them. Enjoy the lap H³, and the lunch of course.
    Very glad it's Friday, might go to a pub with the EPO later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    We got a builder/developer to look over the house and then just got the basic survey and he hadn’t missed any of it. But they had built a house next to our and as my mate pointed out, you only do that if you are happy with the house you are selling!

Think the name should be hot tub, especially as our hot tub is nearly in a UK port
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

What was the swag? A copy of the Telegraph, a can of lilt and a Frys chocolate cream?
    Is that after visiting the account manager and seeing which oil/gas/aluminium/fleet of tanks/ammo for African despots he can flog and divert finds through Belize or summat?

If SG intimidated him, it's probably 'cos he had the screwy looks of a man vexed by weather patterns and the posh thief was 2 foot tall.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Toots delivered to activities so they are happy and out of the way whilst we prepare for hols. Win win.
    Now to slap on some SPF 30 and squeeze in a pedal.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

If SG intimidated him, it's probably 'cos he had the screwy looks of a man vexed by weather patterns and the posh thief was 2 foot tall.

cheek! not my neck of the woods, bit north of oxford street on the way back, often stop there to get my nyt

cafe stroll accomplished, warming up nicely, see if cav can win another stage
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Curb clipped this morning, distracted by the shorty shorts and skirts this morning. Limited opportunity for the ladies to strip off so far but summer is here! 😃

Missed this earlier - did you stay rubber side down after clipping the kerb?
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Missed this earlier - did you stay rubber side down after clipping the kerb?
    It was a low curb at slow speed fortunately. Lesson learned.
  • seanoconn
    @Stevo_666

I’ve a bone to pick with you! who taught you how to eat a shared jar of peanuts?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    seanoconn said:

@Stevo_666

I’ve a bone to pick with you! who taught you how to eat a shared jar of peanuts?

Self-taught. Cant you tell? :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Lap, prior to more wfh. A couple of you might recognise the venue.

• seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Waterloo tap?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@Stevo_666

Self-taught. Cant you tell? :p
    😂 You can take the boy out of Redcar….
  • pinno
    sungod said:

...see if another gaggle of French riders can go up the road with no hope of actually succeeding...

FTFY.

• hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Waterloo tap?
    Does this help?
  • MattFalle
    edited July 2021
    Sitting on the top terrace having a cold one whilst bambino and his mate play tennis in the garden with nowt but birdsong and their own laughter to disturb them.

Bambina, being the teen ager she is, has pull the huuuuge sun ymbrella over her lounger and is sitting in the shade with her headphones on.

ffs, i should send her to Leicester for a year to live on a council estate.
  • MattFalle
    edited July 2021

Morning, blue skies again, doesn’t it make you feel better?
    Anyway jane wants a day at the coast so that’s where we are going, all of the usual stuff done
    Have a good day , tlw hope you have a good weekend

Tjat's not what she told me.

She told me she wanted to stay at home and clean and prepare herself for you whilst you went out on your bike then met your mates for beers and 'scratchings and then poured yourself in at whatever time you want smelling of booze, fags and tart's armpits.