thursday when you hear the bell, run like hell

'ning

another smidge closer to summer

stroll to dentist, cafe, wfh, tdf, a further bubbly-based outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Quick walk with hounds and then onto the joys of the toll road and WFW. Wonder if the jacket potato man has survived without my income.

Later is hills and maybe a beer, the first of the week!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited July 2021
    Morning, blue skies, dog walked, cycling, gardening, tdf, in that order
    Have a nice day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

glorious here.

going to sign paperwork for new car, do bambini stuff

may get a weights sesh in. may.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Cloudy right now so WFH but meant to be nice again later.
    Woke up late, and feeling rubbish. It's like I'd been out all night in London drinking.

Gym later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

glorious here.

going to sign paperwork for new car, do bambini stuff

may get a weights sesh in. may.

This buying a new car thing is a bit of a faff.

#rentawreck

Sunny. Will try find energy for multifarious chores for multiple reasons that I may find.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    Sod's law, actually managed to be ready to go for a gentle ride pre- morning rush hour for the first time in well over a year, perhaps with the extra motivation of unusually not riding solo helping me to commit instead of repeatedly thinking "just one ore coffee" ...

Only for my mate's saddle/seat post clamp bolt to shear on his commuter hybrid, part way out to the planned destination! :o

Nothing like as intensely hot and sunny out there now as I thought the forecast was for today, almost feel obliged to try heading out solo after some lunch, but this time on the road bike instead of the Marasa.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited July 2021
    oxoman said:

Afternoon peeps. Last day on shift. People currently being nice to me after I had a hissyfit and told someone to PO over the radios and promptly launched at nearest wall.

If I'm bored when WFH I sometimes tune the radio in to one of the local factories for some light entertainment.
    Usually just blokes talking about who is sleeping with who and what they're having for tea, nothing as exciting as a hissy fit :smiley:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Got a fair bit of work on. I'm surprisingly productive given the volume of cider ingested last night :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    WFH today, it's rather warm outside so some garden lounging may be on the cards.
    Ride later when MrsHD goes out for a girls dinner.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    cafe, dentist, cafe, finished glueing tubs on impulse bought bora ultra 50s, will try rear out tomorrow (they're wider than the obies, can't be bothered to change brake spacing at the front too) as i still need to put new tub on lw rear, tdf
    a productive day so far

see if the sun come out for drinks-dinner as i booked outside and mrs s already has pointed out it was a bit cool in the north wind on tuesday
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Got a fair bit of work on. I'm surprisingly productive given the volume of cider ingested last night :)

I think my pissing out almost as much as was going in helped.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    one word.

pwwwwoooaaaaarrrrrrrrr.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Which is useless without pics...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    you wanna see it? smooth, sleek, clean.

its gonna get a good buffing over the next couple of days but its looking sleeeeeek.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wfh early for calls with Tokyo, ride to work, wfw, eat steak burrito like a baby's arm for lunch, wfw, ride home (burp burrito a lot), wfh. :|

On the bright side - a week in Cornwall from 24th July. Though it appears making a restaurant booking is utterly impossible. Luckily the place we have rented has a decent kitchen and deck/bbq, and I think it even has a sex pond. I won't be going near the sex pond.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw after scan first thing. Those scanners are bloody noisy when you've got a headache, but if I didn't have the headache I wouldn't have been in the scanner. Thankfully I was right and the beers didn't make the headache any worse. Then wobbled to work in glorious sunshine, shame I was on the hack. Day of dealing with stupid was helped by the presence of my beautiful assistant.
    Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to get into a sex pond that's been used by all and sundry and is probably overdue a good clean out and change of water and filters H³. Getting almost to the end of a global pandemic to catch knobrot in a sex pond would be cruel.
    Currently listening to Day Tripper by the Yellow Magic Orchestra, Kraftwerk meets Japanese karaoke bar.
    Among the many things discussed last night was a ride in the North Downs if Stevo ever moves. The Surrey contingent could meet up with the Kents somewhere for a drink and a bite to eat before heading home. Might be better as a weekend lunchtime thing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited July 2021

Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw after scan first thing. Those scanners are bloody noisy when you've got a headache, but if I didn't have the headache I wouldn't have been in the scanner. Thankfully I was right and the beers didn't make the headache any worse. Then wobbled to work in glorious sunshine, shame I was on the hack. Day of dealing with stupid was helped by the presence of my beautiful assistant.
    Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to get into a sex pond that's been used by all and sundry and is probably overdue a good clean out and change of water and filters H³. Getting almost to the end of a global pandemic to catch knobrot in a sex pond would be cruel.
    Currently listening to Day Tripper by the Yellow Magic Orchestra, Kraftwerk meets Japanese karaoke bar.
    Among the many things discussed last night was a ride in the North Downs if Stevo ever moves. The Surrey contingent could meet up with the Kents somewhere for a drink and a bite to eat before heading home. Might be better as a weekend lunchtime thing.

Certainly is 👍

Fingers crossed with the scan 🤞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited July 2021

I just about remember that conversation :smile:

Hope the scan results come out right.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Talking about sex ponds……. Think ours is due at the docks soon 😎
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Didn't Mrs TLW try to convert a BMW into a pond? Quite successfully, I believe.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Sounds good...would probably need to get back in shape first!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    elbowloh said:

Sounds good...would probably need to get back in shape first!
    No need as far as I'm concerned