wednesday when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861

tlw1 said:

Wish I could join you lot at the rubbidy…. Could do with a social distraction. 😶

Everything ok? When you wish to go drinking with that lot, I’m worried for you
    Not really, we’re just ignoring reality for a while. Recovery been slow and difficult. Back to the neurosurgeon on Monday. ☹️
    FFS, fingers crossed for Monday
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Wish I could join you lot at the rubbidy…. Could do with a social distraction. 😶

Not really, we’re just ignoring reality for a while. Recovery been slow and difficult. Back to the neurosurgeon on Monday. ☹️
    this x several thousand
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    as an aside

NEW CAR HAS ARRIVED AT THE DEALER

GET THE AF IN
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Sorry, missed the Spinner. Everything crossed for Monday and i'll even tie a knot in it if it helps.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320

Rubbidy Dub Dub = Pub

I thought that was obvious, does that say more about me or Pinno. Shame you can't join us, or any of the others. I'd even offer to buy you a drink for making the effort :D
    Sending positive vibes from this side of the globe.
    Actually RBR was pretty obvious too, so it's definitely not me.
    Step is no longer at Red Bull Racing.

You see, none of you have been paying attention and therefore not obvious.

@step83 Come in and clear this one up mate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Rubbidy Dub Dub = Pub

I thought that was obvious, does that say more about me or Pinno. Shame you can't join us, or any of the others. I'd even offer to buy you a drink for making the effort :D

We know that, he was comparing his new employer to his previous employer. Previous employer being RBR. Keep up at the back :p
  • MattFalle
    So who is he with now?

And can he get me a discount on a supercharger or what ever its called and uprated ECU for the Aygo?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

pinno said:

Rubbidy Dub Dub = Pub

We know that, he was comparing his new employer to his previous employer. Previous employer being RBR. Keep up at the back :p
    New employer is a Spanish bank, no clues needed beyond that
  • tlw1
    Tonight turned out ok, decent bike ride in which I took a KOM (unfortunately it was already mine)

Then a nice walk with the current wife and hounds

• pinno
    edited July 2021
    Nice view ^.
    Which way is that looking? Is it the Malverns or Brecon Beacons?
  • tlw1
    Snowdonia
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

pinno said:

Rubbidy Dub Dub = Pub

New employer is a Spanish bank, no clues needed beyond that
    Barclays?

Are you one of their computer eagles?
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

Tonight turned out ok, decent bike ride in which I took a KOM (unfortunately it was already mine)

That looks glorious, I consider myself lucky to live close to Richmond Park but obviously not a patch on that
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    tlw1 said:

Jurassic park?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    tlw1 said:

I currently hold the KOM of my own driveway too 😎
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I need to create a new segment in my back garden
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

We already know the news and it’s not great. Surgeon says that three more operations are necessary. The first op was not completely successful in removing the brain lesion; there are remnants on both sides which are “moderately” active, and require a rather difficult procedure each side. There’s also an additional one on his lower spine - this type spreads in the spinal fluid - and unknown what grade that is.

The first op has left him with still-blurred vision such that he can’t easily walk let alone drive, and had severe hiccups for more than a week, at times bad enough to significantly hinder breathing. That’s on top of the chest infection from hospital.

The doc is still “reasonably” confident of a good outcome in terms of removing the tumours although admits the two brain ops are not without substantial risk.

My OH will be 72 soon. He’s had melanoma in the past, and still gets treated twice yearly for skin cancer, often 20 or more removed at a time. Assuming this lot gets sorted he still has prostate cancer as well, which already is borderline requiring surgery and/or radiation therapy. And he’s prone to gout, despite not drinking booze and reasonably careful diet management.

He’s wondering #what’sthefuckingpoint any more, which is a scary conversation to have.

And then we have COVID. Family and friends can’t even come visit just now.

Not happy days, but we’ll deal with it somehow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    All the best to you both Spinner, I can't begin to imagine how hard that is for you. The important thing is to try and stay positive which is obviously very easy for me to say, but very hard for your other half to do given everything he's been through and is going through. I was saying tonight I had it easy, I think the EPO had it far harder than me as I was just sick and had to get better, she had to deal with everything else and unfortunately that is the position you are in. Try to stay positive and keep the other half in the same frame of mind, think of the good times and that there will be more to come. I know this all sounds trite, but there are some strange guys that ride bikes on the other side of the world that do give a phuck and are pulling for you.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Jurassic park?
    Shropshire, so not too different
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Ferkin long drive too 😂

• tlw1

All the best to you both Spinner, I can't begin to imagine how hard that is for you. The important thing is to try and stay positive which is obviously very easy for me to say, but very hard for your other half to do given everything he's been through and is going through. I was saying tonight I had it easy, I think the EPO had it far harder than me as I was just sick and had to get better, she had to deal with everything else and unfortunately that is the position you are in. Try to stay positive and keep the other half in the same frame of mind, think of the good times and that there will be more to come. I know this all sounds trite, but there are some strange guys that ride bikes on the other side of the world that do give a phuck and are pulling for you.

This covers it.
  • MattFalle
    Echoing V's post above 'Spinner - sounds daft but thinking of you and your OH.

I know words are cheap but best, best wishes from these parts.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Thanks all. Not sure what Monday’s discussion will bring. Hoping for best, trying to prepare ourselves for whatever comes along. 🙏🤞
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

I can't improve on this.

Thoughts are with you WS.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    tlw1 said:

I'll be up there at the weekend and the weather report is looking B)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

I'll be up there at the weekend and the weather report is looking B)
    Enjoy - you need a break
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    WS, as written by others, typing this feels a bit futile but best wishes to yours and you.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Helluva effort Seano.
    You haven't told your boy that, have you?

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    WS - echoing what others have said so much better than I can.

Tlw - god I miss views like that. I’ll get something better than Dartford on Sunday though.