tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day thank god
    Work stuff and not much else planned. Missing the football
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    tlw1 said:

Missing the football

What? Did it go home then?

Work work day. Gonna be a hot one. Do NOT forget the big cold water flask. Where's my sun hat with the dangling corks, Oz stylee?
  • tlw1
    orraloon said:

tlw1 said:

Missing the football

What? Did it go home then?
    Unsure what actually happened but I know I had fun in the pub
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Second jab today. Conveniently booked at 2pm for maximum work disruption 😈

Forecast looking good for the next week or so, let summer commence! 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    WFH again.....
    Daughter is off school isolating for the week, and my son is currently interested in sirens; as in air raid sirens. He's currently sat in the lounge going through youtube videos of different sirens in action........ at the weekend he noted one going off in a movie at splurted out "thats a federal thunderbolt!"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On train again as commuter bike still not ready, though probably safer if I take the train home tonight :)

Went for a run last night to compensate and one of my legs objected. Spent half the run time stretching and hopping. Age is a terrible thing, ask Pinno.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

WFH again.....
    Daughter is off school isolating for the week, and my son is currently interested in sirens; as in air raid sirens. He's currently sat in the lounge going through youtube videos of different sirens in action........ at the weekend he noted one going off in a movie at splurted out "thats a federal thunderbolt!"

Everyone needs a hobby? If he's old enough Dunkirk ideally very loud, Jericho trumpets are horrifying in that film to the point they gave servicemen flashbacks.

Anyway what the hell is going on outside, its pleasant an blue sky's, do I need to write a sternly worded letter to my local MP?
    Fun has begun, being bombarded with questions from someone who seems to think not only do I know what I'm doing but also know how to do their job (surprise, I have no idea). So currently working out who their manager is an telling them they have a moron in their midst. Then I can get onto wrapping my head around some of the processes I need to know as they have the most convoluted VPN system I think I've ever come across.

Fun after work as well, get to strip down an eTap mech an clear out the bushings which have gotten gunked up so it keeps not shifting. Much joys!

I'd come tonight but I'm going to revert to the Pinno excuse of, its too far ;)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

here again. say no more.

deciding where to head out with bambini after traditional screaming match to get them out of bed/washed/dressed/fed

decorators are here so no desire to be around tbh...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    wfh again today, need to get everything ready for tomorrow morning so I can roll out of bed half cut and go straight to the hospital then on to work from there. Do I just ride the town/shop/pub hack in or come home and swap bikes after the scan?
    More fending off of idiots is looking likely, I try not to humiliate them unless they deserve it.
    Coffee next...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH.

Counting down the hours to Friday afternoon, when we head off on hols to North Wales. It's the week before most schools break up so hopefully not too busy even though a recent poll has said North Wales is now the most desired UK holiday destination, overtaking Cornwall!

Wife all clear on the cancer blood test, but still none the wiser as to what's happening.

Still had some consultants saying its all in her head, even though since this all kicked off they have found:

Lesions on her brain
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    small growths on her lungs
    A growth on her ovary.

None of that was there in February as she had a load of scans during pregnancy, Her GP left the practice and she has a new doc who also tried to suggest its all been caused by anxiety, but as the conversation went on, it became apparent that she hadn't even read the notes/case history and wasn't aware we had a baby 4 months ago even. She later rang back to apologise and promise to investigate further and discuss her case with the senior partners.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

WFH.

Counting down the hours to Friday afternoon, when we head off on hols to North Wales. It's the week before most schools break up so hopefully not too busy even though a recent poll has said North Wales is now the most desired UK holiday destination, overtaking Cornwall!

Wife all clear on the cancer blood test, but still none the wiser as to what's happening.

Still had some consultants saying its all in her head, even though since this all kicked off they have found:

Lesions on her brain
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    small growths on her lungs
    A growth on her ovary.

None of that was there in February as she had a load of scans during pregnancy, Her GP left the practice and she has a new doc who also tried to suggest its all been caused by anxiety, but as the conversation went on, it became apparent that she hadn't even read the notes/case history and wasn't aware we had a baby 4 months ago even. She later rang back to apologise and promise to investigate further and discuss her case with the senior partners.

Hopefully that’s good news.

More important then your wife’s condition, are you bringing a bike on your jollies………
  • elbowloh
    tlw1 said:

More important then your wife’s condition, are you bringing a bike on your jollies………

I don't think so unfortunately.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    step83 said:

...as they have the most convoluted VPN system I think I've ever come across.

Aren't they meant to be convaluted?
    step83 said:

Well, there is a certain element of truth in it but not in your case. :)

@Stevo_666 First one to get the free bus pass wins. Unless something tragic happens, you will win.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Toots and OH are out for the day and i'm left playing house hubby and doing a shed load of things that have piled up surreptitiously and mercilessly.

Very warm here (for this part of the world).

Admin... f*ck. Need a sekertary. Apply within. Please post pics of norks. Best Norks gets the job.
    Anyone wearing lab coats will get sent to the Welsh recruitment division.
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

Does that mean you are becoming part of the running cyclist club 😂
  • MattFalle
    Mowed the lawn. Summer rain combined with longer cutting length means it looks mega.
  • elbowloh
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

No, don't want to sound a complete downer, but it means i'm unable to leave the wife to look after the kids on her own, as she's just no well enough to do it at the moment.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

No, don't want to sound a complete downer, but it means i'm unable to leave the wife to look after the kids on her own, as she's just no well enough to do it at the moment.
    😢
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

Priorities.
  • MattFalle
    yup #priorities

look at it from another angle - time to spoil the wife and enjoy time with her and bambini
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

step83 said:

...as they have the most convoluted VPN system I think I've ever come across.

Aren't they meant to be convaluted?
    step83 said:

Well, there is a certain element of truth in it but not in your case. :)

@Stevo_666 First one to get the free bus pass wins. Unless something tragic happens, you will win.

Well, RBR one, open app, poke thumb onto fingerprint sensor on laptop an boof it connects.

This one, for one division they have an ID that only gets them onto the VPN but they have a 2FA bit in place of a password. Then once in they have another ID an password all together to logon with.

An I'm sticking with my excuse, its not local haha
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

I heard they might be means tested soon ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Well, RBR one, open app, poke thumb onto fingerprint sensor on laptop an boof

This one, for one division they have an ID that only gets them onto the VPN but they have a 2FA bit in place of a password. Then once in they have another ID an password all together to logon with.

none of those are real words
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Wish I could join you lot at the rubbidy…. Could do with a social distraction. 😶

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Legs are still aching from running 14 miles on Saturday followed by a gym/leg session on Monday morning straight after a late night in front of the telly.

Might ride later as a pass has been granted.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

Wish I could join you lot at the rubbidy…. Could do with a social distraction. 😶

Everything ok? When you wish to go drinking with that lot, I’m worried for you
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

I got stuck at the RBR bit.

Wtf is a 'rubbidy'?!
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

I got stuck at the RBR bit.

Wtf is a 'rubbidy'?!
    🙄

RBR = Red Bull Racing

Rubbidy Dub Dub = Pub
  • Wheelspinner
    tlw1 said:

Everything ok? When you wish to go drinking with that lot, I’m worried for you
    Not really, we’re just ignoring reality for a while. Recovery been slow and difficult. Back to the neurosurgeon on Monday. ☹️
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Rubbidy Dub Dub = Pub

I thought that was obvious, does that say more about me or Pinno. Shame you can't join us, or any of the others. I'd even offer to buy you a drink for making the effort :D
    Sending positive vibes from this side of the globe.
    Actually RBR was pretty obvious too, so it's definitely not me.