Kask Protone creaking

Just bought a new Kask Protone helmet have worn it three times and there is a very annoying creaking noise coming from it, anyone else have this issue and find a possible fix?
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,594
    It is possible that you have the cage set too low and when you lift your head as you would do on the bike your neck is pushing the cage up.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    The cage can move a bit when you move your head around. I found that I just got used to it after a while.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    If you don’t adjust the straps correctly (so they are not loose) the shell can tilt around the frame on the ratchet mechanism, which makes a sort of clicking, resonating noise, which is perceived as being louder if you are wearing the helmet if that’s what you mean.

With the straps properly adjusted, so they are not loose, and the rear cradle adjuster tightened so it is snug but comfortable once on, I have not found my Protone shell tilting and therefore making that noise in use.

So I would start with correctly fitting and adjusting the straps and cradle adjuster, with the helmet correctly positioned on your head and see if that solves the issue.
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 982
    pilot_pete i found the noise goes away when silicone spray or powder is applied to the rear ratchet mechanism.
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    bikeit65 said:

pilot_pete i found the noise goes away when silicone spray or powder is applied to the rear ratchet mechanism.

Interesting. Never had a cracking sound from mine!