Aged old saddle sore subject - but what type of sore?

I have scoured the web for references and images related to saddle sores and they all refer to pimples. However, my sores are not like that. Mine feel like they are banana shaped. Either under the point where my scrotum and groin meet or just behind that point, under my arse. They feel solid to the touch and occur after 90 minutes or so in the saddle. It takes a few days of no cycling for them to go away, but then they come back again when I go back out.

Do others have these type of sores? I have invested in good bib shorts quality shorts (LeCol and Assos) and even made sure they were not too loose so that the insert stays where it should be (BTW why do we refer to chamois still?).

I know others say to get the saddle checked and a bike fit, but in the current climate these are not possible yet.

Have any of you any other ideas? At the moment I am limited to just going out twice a week which is frustrating in the summer.

Thanks

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Is this possibly a cyst that keeps filling up when irritated. I would be tempted to get it seen by a doctor.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    Could they be Chalfont St. Giles?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I suggest you go and see your doctor
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    webboo said:

Is this possibly a cyst that keeps filling up when irritated. I would be tempted to get it seen by a doctor.

i wouldn't just be tempted, I really really would go and see your doctor
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    First lockdown when the weather was nice I really upped my time on the bike and ended up with a painful lump under my left sitbone. Google self-diagnosis led me to possible Ischial bursitis. Took quite a long time off the bike and lots of ibuprofen to resolve it properly.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    edited July 2021
    Try dropping your saddle if you can’t get a bike fit anytime soon. I’ve had sores from putting it too high myself