Would you use this flask for touring?

Hello,
I am looking for some valuable feedback for a product I'm developing. I know there are other flasks out there, but from other feedback/reviews they don't meet the needs of all riders. I'm developing one to fit cages, and can be used one handed (choice of 3 lids), plus trying to make a jersey inspired design. Good for hot and cold drinks and looking to also make a larger size than the 400ml shown.
Hope you have time to take a better look. I'm just one person trying to add something to the cycling community.
James
Chippenham
kickstarter.com/projects/ride-on-flasks/cycling-flasks-ride-on-drinks

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    I am not sure that a flask is a touring necessity especially at 400ml when it is replacing a 750-1000ml of water.

Your link just takes me back to this page.
  • edward.s
    edward.s Posts: 219
    I think I said this on one of your threads before, but the Elite Deboyo flask already exists, is bigger capacity and works pretty well. What does your one do that is different/better?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    If its cheaper and works just as well i'd buy it over the Elite.

Its called a buyer's market
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited July 2021
    Having navigated to the page by pasting in the latter part of the url:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/ride-on-flasks/cycling-flasks-ride-on-drinks

I would say the write up and details all look very good.
    Not massively moved by the colour options, but I'm sure plenty of people will be.

The stretch target would be the one that would attract me more, but I appreciate you need to surpass your target to enable that.

I wasn't aware of the Deboyo up until now, but looking online I've seen at least one review showing it leaking :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    daniel_b said:

Having navigated to the page by pasting in the latter part of the url:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/ride-on-flasks/cycling-flasks-ride-on-drinks

I would say the write up and details all look very good.
    Not massively moved by the colour options, but I'm sure plenty of people will be.

The stretch target would be the one that would attract me more, but I appreciate you need to surpass your target to enable that.

I wasn't aware of the Deboyo up until now, but looking online I've seen at least one review showing it leaking :-(

linkie for write up or copy and paste in?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.