TDF 2021:- Stage 15, Céret > Andorre-La-Vieille 191.3km **Spoilers**

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,584

Jumbo saving their tour ... Ineos not so much ...

Hard to see them getting a podium at the moment. Carapaz needs time on Vingegaard and Uran before the TT and not looking like getting it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,220
    zest28 said:

Seems like the strategy of Pogacar this tour is just to follow Carapez, just like what he did to Roglic last year.

Ineos must be going mad that everytime they look behind, there is Pogacar behind them smiling.

Yes, the way he has followed Carapaz to a 5' 33" lead has been embarrassing
  • Pross
    10 years since the last US stage win
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Kuss looked smooth downhill be interesting to know how much of an advantage local knowledge was - for me it'd help a lot but whether that's the same for the pros ...?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    Decent stage that (at least with the sound off and also watching the tennis)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646

They can’t seem to get out of the train tactic
    Having barle and Castroviejo up the road was good .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403

RichN95. said:

This will be the first American stage winner for ten years

Class ride ...I was rooting for valverde but he looked like a old man who lost his bottle on that descent .... Know the feeling
    Kuss lives here so he knows those descents on the back of his hand. So can’t blame Valverde for that performance against Kuss
  • mididoctors
    zest28 said:

RichN95. said:

This will be the first American stage winner for ten years

Class ride ...I was rooting for valverde but he looked like a old man who lost his bottle on that descent .... Know the feeling
    Kuss lives here so he knows those descents on the back of his hand. So can’t blame Valverde for that performance against Kuss
    . True

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091

Kuss looked smooth downhill be interesting to know how much of an advantage local knowledge was - for me it'd help a lot but whether that's the same for the pros ...?

Seeing some of the lines WVA took...
  • mididoctors
    How is carapaz going to drop the Dane and get on the podium? Or drop Uran enough for a buffer in the TT
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133

Then dropped them back to do nothing more than stoke the engine.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Before the start, Eurosport were talking this one up as the Queen stage. It obviously isn't, but I suppose they felt the need to spice things up a bit.

The change in the GC is that it's back to exactly where it was before yesterday's breakaway and Martin's 5 minute bonus.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Carapaz need to get a minute plus on Uran and Vingergaard from somewhere before the TT if he wants to be on the final podium. All in on either the Portet or Luz Ardiden looks like the only chance now but I'm not sure he has what is needed this year.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,599
    Plan has to be go hard on Wednesday to break them, then make up the time on Thursday. Or, give up.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited July 2021
    Seven riders still to finish. One of them is Cavendish. He should be easily OK though

Edit: Only EBH now
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,881
    Jumbo doing everything they can to get the coveted A in Rich's post Tour review
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95. said:

Seven riders still to finish. One of them is Cavendish. He should be easily OK though

He just crossed with nearly 9 minutes to spare
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Cavendish in safe . Didn't look like it had been terribly stressful for them, just saving as much effort as possible.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Lads you don’t need to worry every time cav gets dropped.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Don't think anyone was especially worried?

EBH is surely going to be timed out though.
  • tailwindhome

Jumbo doing a good job salvaging their Tour here fair play.

Got a lot of heat earlier in the day for their tactics but they’re coming out on top here

They got it spot on.

These tactics took a lot of confidence in Vingegaard
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    edited July 2021

He's made it home
    He's made it home
    Cavendish made it home

• blazing_saddles
    edited July 2021

Jumbo doing a good job salvaging their Tour here fair play.

Got a lot of heat earlier in the day for their tactics but they’re coming out on top here

They got it spot on.

These tactics took a lot of confidence in Vingegaard
    Must be why they told Belgian tv that the had none, then. ;)

EBH has not appeared in the stage ranking, which means he is definitely OTL.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Just hope EBH gets in safely. He was all over the place the last time they showed him on the climb.
  • RichN95.
    Still no sign of EBH at the finish. Maybe he got off.
  • mididoctors

He's made it home
    He's made it home
    Cavendish made it home

Itv were running the Italian job lol
  • mididoctors

Then dropped them back to do nothing more than stoke the engine.
    Yeah kinda didn't work out
  • RichN95.
    EBH finished 25 minutes outside the time cut.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Oh dear Edvald.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95. said:

EBH finished 25 minutes outside the time cut.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up for the start after the rest day and how many head for the airport and Tokyo.