sunday seeking supersymmetry

'ning

smidge brighter, but still way too cold to be summer, at least it looks like it'll be dry this morning

ride and cafes, tdf and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday mini mini oxo

Great night out in the bridges last night (been there pinno?) new owners and a french feel to the menu - 3 choices for starter and main with nice wines recommended with each.

Rest day today, which is good as I’m battered and bruised after multiple tumbles running yesterday.

Pack up thebcamper soon and get ready for the bbq at ours before the football
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited July 2021
    Ciao!

On the balcony having coffee with a snoring hound whilst the sun breaks through, the cockerels from farm next door wake up birds chirp and the dew slowly burns off the lawn and surrounding trees.

then take bambino to tennis and sit in a car park for a bit.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman said:

Morning ALL. Sungod is definitely on form around here, blue sky's and Sun bright already. Can't believe young oxo finally hits 16 today, so busy day of family stuff planned once the lazy so and so gets up. Told him he's got to find himself a small job like his mates once he turned 16, which tbh he wants to. He just doesn't want flipping burgers or chicken, hopefully got himself a job in local garden centre.

Happy birthday young oxo!

If my lazy @rse stepson can get and keep a job doing 40 hour weeks as a runner in a restaurant, young oxo can manage too! I never thought he'd get a job, or if he did, he'd get sacked.

Harry Potter studios for me today with mini.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    warmed up nicely as the sun rose, dodged much glass, spiky metal and wayward priuses, had an apple lattice pastry

time for a cafe stroll
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Happy birthday younger Oxo.

Had a good Sunday lie in. Later will be depositing junior at Euston to head up to Manchester where she's got a job placement on a chicken farm for a week (essential experience for a vet apparently). Football watching later, obviously.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

Great night out in the bridges last night (been there pinno?) ...

Custody weekends consisted of going from pub to office to pub to client and back to pub etc etc followed by doing fcuk all on a Sunday where I spent most of the day bored senseless waiting anxiously for that time to be returned. So probably and if I did, it wouldn't have been an endearing experience.
    Does it have a small play area and swings out the back with wooden fencing and lots of seating*?

*If it wasn't all replaced.

Sunday skate park followed by strimming and general garden duties.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ah, placements. Makes sense now that there were a couple of youngsters in the RVC green dungarees at the goat farm the other day. It's July, not term time. Obvs the brain ain't convinced it's summer yet.

Glimpses of sunshine and not raining. As I cannot do those stupid o'clock rides per SG I will be getting the arris in gear soon, ride the ride, bit of TdF catch up or live, then Forza Azzurri. #ABE
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Custody weekends consisted of going from pub to office to pub to client and back to pub etc etc followed by doing fcuk all on a Sunday where I spent most of the day bored senseless waiting anxiously for that time to be returned. So probably and if I did, it wouldn't have been an endearing experience.
    Does it have a small play area and swings out the back with wooden fencing and lots of seating*?

Still all there, was hoping it was a happy memory for you 😢
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Still all there, was hoping it was a happy memory for you 😢
    No worries, not your fault.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cracking weekend of sunny/cold weather here. Usual walking of dog/coffee/miscellaneous chores and not much else...

Burned a big pile of dead scrub out in paddock today which was mildly entertaining. Means I can get the mower out tomorrow and clean up around that patch
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2021
    Afternoon. Been out, did a nice 51km and a good number of short, sharp climbs. Been to Sainsbury’s with Mrs GTi. Rewarded with Staffordshire oatcakes with cheese and bacon for lunch. Bits and pieces left to do including 9 references for my tutor group. Bit of a ball ache that.

• pinno
    Most Oat cakes I've ever had are the devil's food.
    If you encapsulated a food stuff that reflects a frugal, Calvinistic and perpetually self flagellating culture, it would be the Oat cake.
  • sungod
  • MattFalle
    grazie! grazie!

thats pre match reading sorted.
  • sungod
    MattFalle said:

grazie! grazie!

thats pre match reading sorted.

the pic of the xcr with bora ultra 50s is making me want some bora ultra 50s
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

If you encapsulated a food stuff that reflects a frugal, Calvinistic and perpetually self flagellating culture, it would be the Oat cake.

You’ve never tried Staffordshire oatcakes. Very very VERY different to the Scottish tat. More like a pancake, they’re tasty and awesome with cheese and bacon.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Cracking weekend of sunny/cold weather here. Usual walking of dog/coffee/miscellaneous chores and not much else...

Burned a big pile of dead scrub out in paddock today which was mildly entertaining. Means I can get the mower out tomorrow and clean up around that patch

Some cnut around here has been burning shit in the garden again today, and yesterday, and the day before, and the one before that. Have to keep bringing the washing in and shutting the windows because it's not a nice coal/wood smoke smell either. Possibly up to something suspicious.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited July 2021
    'noon

Went for a nice short walk first thing this morning, collected as many empty bottles/KFC bags from the road as I could carry and put them in the bin 200 m down the road. In the hour between walking out and back someone had left a bag of poo on the wall too, about 50 m from the dog poo bin. Some people shouldn't be allowed into the countryside.

Got some new hiking boots on the way back as the current ones are full of holes, not waterproof, no tread on the sole and generally totally worn out. And they stink.

Managed to just miss the fatal RTC on the way home which has closed the road :( and got back in time to get a quick chat with someone on the top of a hill before getting second covid jab and now getting ready to watch the most important event of the day - Branson (almost) going into space.

Good day so far, except for the MF type setting things on fire and lobbing them over the fence.

Pic from the walk:

• hopkinb
    sungod said:
    Innit me wot wants the new bicycle?

I see they do the Bora Ultra 50's in a clincher version. 2.5k

Cinelli frame 3.8k

Sram red mechanical out of stock everywhere, but assume 1.8k.

2k spare for saddle, seat post, bars, stem, pedals, tyres, bar tape, other odds and sods.

10k bike. I could make it myself over a month of Sundays. Would be like one of those clown cars from the circus, that falls apart bit by bit!
  • hopkinb
    Harry Potter studio was good fun. Never seen it, never read it, but heaven for mini and her pal.
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

I see they do the Bora Ultra 50's in a clincher version. 2.5k
    you can both get one

only tubs allowed, it's the law
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

MF is your number 1 fan and would give one of his top special one's just for a snog and an autograph.
    No need to spend lots.

• MattFalle
    Don't even need a snog.

dedicated autographed framed picture.

winner winner.
  • MattFalle
    but yes, selective purchasing over cheque book spaffing.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

You’ve never tried Staffordshire oatcakes. Very very VERY different to the Scottish tat. More like a pancake, they’re tasty and awesome with cheese and bacon.
    looks a bit more palatable than the various flavours of cardboard.
  • pinno
    sungod said:
    ...and the marketing of some other brand you mentioned put you off?!

Guy in hat gives you the impression that of you go there, you won't be walking out without a purchase.
  • hopkinb
    There's some guys in London.

https://www.isenworkshop.com/bikes

• MattFalle
    why would you want to do that when you can buy Italian?

Deal with some english bloke with a top knot and a beard and a lumberjack shirt or go Italy and deal with artisan craftsmen and eat pizza and drink vino rosso and espresso....
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Been out, did a nice 51km and a good number of short, sharp climbs. Been to Sainsbury’s with Mrs GTi. Rewarded with Staffordshire oatcakes with cheese and bacon for lunch. Bits and pieces left to do including 9 references for my tutor group. Bit of a ball ache that.

Nice bikes