ride cafes and wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Day off today as we head to Alton towers, could be hell
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    on the couch drinking coffee before planning to do not a lot except a weights sesh and walk the hound.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Volunteer day again for me. Looks like will be access track, footpaths and fences fettling. Maybe even some more pulling of thistles. Also looks like will be getting warm. Why is it work = warm, recreation = meh? I blame Jack Grealish.

Then will be the TdF catch up and a beer or 2. Plan.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

If most schools are still in then could be a good day. Schools out, hell. Good luck 👍🤞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

If most schools are still in then could be a good day. Schools out, hell. Good luck 👍🤞
    Most schools are still in 😎

• MattFalle
    watching stage 11 of the Tour killing time.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Sweet jesus, where did last night go? We only went out for tappas...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Most schools are still in 😎

Wonder how many kids are "self isolating" at the towers.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

Maybe even some more pulling of thistles.

Oh hello :kissing:

Is this a company giving back kind of thing or did you just fancy doing less day to day work?
    We used to do similar stuff at our place but it got stopped because it "wasn't a good use of our skills". Most people enjoyed doing it because it was a change from the day to day mundane stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    Good beer session up in town last night, but only feeling mildly fuzzy this morning. Good to get back into the pub routine. Had a bit of a surprise when one of the beer rowd told us about his health problems as he'd been having treatment for eye cancer pre-covid. Turns out he had to have his eye removed and he's got a (very convincing looking) glass eye, but nobody actually spotted it until he mentioned it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Off to Epping soon for my bros wedding weekend
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

Free bar?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Free bar?
    On my way if it is
  • MattFalle
    The Mfs are piling into coach now.

They'll be there in 45 mins
  • MattFalle
    As an aside, old headset cups now removed, new headset will go in later.

1 step closer to Dirk World Domination.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

Wot you doing in the talent show that you mentioned?! A few jokes? Limbo dancing? Necking a pint in less than 5 seconds with your trousers round your ankles?
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Wot you doing in the talent show that you mentioned?! A few jokes? Limbo dancing? Necking a pint in less than 5 seconds with your trousers round your ankles?
    If trousers round your ankles is a talent I’ll clean up.
  • seanoconn
    Missus went to a funeral today 😞 I’ve bought the ingredients for some consolation margaritas and will offer my most comforting and sympathetic throbbing erection 😞😥
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Missus went to a funeral today 😞 I’ve bought the ingredients for some consolation margaritas and will offer my most comforting and sympathetic throbbing erection 😞😥

Lucky mrs seano, getting a good hard consoling, once you've rendered her insensible on margaritas. :)
  • orraloon
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Is this a company giving back kind of thing or did you just fancy doing less day to day work?
    We used to do similar stuff at our place but it got stopped because it "wasn't a good use of our skills". Most people enjoyed doing it because it was a change from the day to day mundane stuff.
    Actually zero thistles tugged today. A day with the loppers working on the brambles / briar / blackthorn / hawthorn overhangs on footpaths and bridleways. Sig self interest as I use some of those ways on one of my regular pootle routes.

Not a company thing. Individual volunteers for a charitable trust which owns (thanks to the beneficence of the lovely guy who bought the lands) a big chunk of wildlife focused mixed landscapes and is open (bar the farmed bits) to Joe and Joanne Public. Plus the teams do maintenance work on wildlife areas for local councils, and even a power company.

I'm self employed and gradually winding down the number of work work days per week. I enjoy the work groups, good mix of people but with some common shared values, all working to the benefit of the local environment and local society.

(Off now to polish my halo 😇 and open a cold beer)
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Lucky mrs seano, getting a good hard consoling, once you've rendered her insensible on margaritas. :)
    I do what I can 😞 👼 😇
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Many moons ago, when I played rugby as a young man, I had a great talent for "flaming ars*holes", as the game was known.

Two protagonists would lower their trousers and undergarments, and insert a length of bog roll between the cheeks of their @rses - long enough to reach the floor. Pint at the ready, the length of bog roll was then set alight and the game began. One could only remove the bog roll once the pint had been finished, and empty glass upturned on one's head. I rarely even singed an @rse hair, whereas some poor sods couldn't sit down for a couple of days.

Ah, the halcyon, pure, innocent days of a well spent time in higher education getting a sh*t degree.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Actually zero thistles tugged today. A day with the loppers working on the brambles / briar / blackthorn / hawthorn overhangs on footpaths and bridleways. Sig self interest as I use some of those ways on one of my regular pootle routes.

Not a company thing. Individual volunteers for a charitable trust which owns (thanks to the beneficence of the lovely guy who bought the lands) a big chunk of wildlife focused mixed landscapes and is open (bar the farmed bits) to Joe and Joanne Public. Plus the teams do maintenance work on wildlife areas for local councils, and even a power company.

I'm self employed and gradually winding down the number of work work days per week. I enjoy the work groups, good mix of people but with some common shared values, all working to the benefit of the local environment and local society.

thats all well and good, but any pictures of norks?
  • MattFalle
    new headset in Dirk.

need cone spanner to centre caliper

realise i've lent them to someone who i won't see for ages

aaaaarrrrgggghh
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Of Joanne public?
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Many moons ago, when I played rugby as a young man, I had a great talent for "flaming ars*holes", as the game was known.

Two protagonists would lower their trousers and undergarments, and insert a length of bog roll between the cheeks of their @rses - long enough to reach the floor. Pint at the ready, the length of bog roll was then set alight and the game began. One could only remove the bog roll once the pint had been finished, and empty glass upturned on one's head. I rarely even singed an @rse hair, whereas some poor sods couldn't sit down for a couple of days.

Ah, the halcyon, pure, innocent days of a well spent time in higher education getting a sh*t degree.
    You think you know a person 😂👍
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Key piece of advice, however nervous you are about being "tackle out" in front of the women's netball and hockey teams....don't fart once that paper is burning...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Key piece of advice, however nervous you are about being "tackle out" in front of the women's netball and hockey teams....don't fart once that paper is burning...
    Though to be fair, likelihood of anyone here finding themselves in this situation is low.

Unless of course elbow is demonstrating it as his talent, and has inadvertently set fire to his shirt, the floral arrangement, and the bride's mother's heavily hair-sprayed hairdo. In which case, I apologise profusely in retrospect.

Naked men vs women "boat races" are probably standard entertainment up tlw1's way though. Especially in the winter when there's fcuk all else to do. :)
  • orraloon
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Quite a lot of t1t on show today. GOAT? Or was it goat? For me to know. And no pics for the likes of this lot on here with flaming bog rolls up their arrises.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Fairly chill day with a very long pub lunch with the EPO. Don't worry thistle, as there was no tugging from 'loon you could pop round to Seano's for a consolation margarita.