TDF 2021: Stage 13, Nîmes > Carcassonne 219.9 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    And they hung up on me, after they went to check something...

That's another hour on hold again then...
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    ITV currently got Boardman, Pete and Rendell. :smile:)
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Didn't realise there was an S Bennett riding
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Well dqs bluffing with the skinsuit ...looks like a sprint afterall
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • norrinradd
    norrinradd Posts: 22
    CK said joy for cycling fans globally.
    CK channelling his inner FF.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569

This is a perfect stage to be on hold to the Dutch public health authorities because they've effed up your Covid vaccine records rendering you physcially fully vaccinated but digitally unvaccinated.

If it's not on Strava, it didn't happen.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Everyone apparently fell asleep before the intermediate sprint. After the break took the top three places:

4 Colbrelli 13pts
    5 Matthews 11pts
    6 Morkov 10pts
    7 Philipsen 9pts
    8 Cavendish 8pts
    9 Bouhanni 7pts
    10 Mohoric 6pts
    11 Mezgec 5pts
    12 Asgreen 4pts
    13 Bjerg 3pts
    14 Kuss 2pts
    15 Pogacar 1pt

Cavendish clearly finished again. Still beat Bouhanni.

(Cavendish only marked it, really, and Bouhanni didn't even make it out of the bunch - it was a bit uphill, and just after a sharpish climb, so not really representative of anything)
  • above_the_cows
    mrfpb said:

This is a perfect stage to be on hold to the Dutch public health authorities because they've effed up your Covid vaccine records rendering you physcially fully vaccinated but digitally unvaccinated.

Basically yeah, but it's a pain in the backside because you can only travel with the digital proof. Paper proof is not enough.

Still on hold after having to redial...

They've done 100kms while I've been on these calls.
  • above_the_cows
    And they just hung up again!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569

mrfpb said:

Basically yeah, but it's a pain in the backside because you can only travel with the digital proof. Paper proof is not enough.

I really should check my digital record for the vaccine, as I may need to flee the country visit a poorly relative at short notice at some point this year.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511

Everyone apparently fell asleep before the intermediate sprint. After the break took the top three places:

4 Colbrelli 13pts
    5 Matthews 11pts
    6 Morkov 10pts
    7 Philipsen 9pts
    8 Cavendish 8pts
    9 Bouhanni 7pts
    10 Mohoric 6pts
    11 Mezgec 5pts
    12 Asgreen 4pts
    13 Bjerg 3pts
    14 Kuss 2pts
    15 Pogacar 1pt

Cavendish clearly finished again. Still beat Bouhanni.

(Cavendish only marked it, really, and Bouhanni didn't even make it out of the bunch - it was a bit uphill, and just after a sharpish climb, so not really representative of anything)

I'd quite like to scrap them. Offering lots of points was an experiment and I'm not sure it has worked particularly well.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    It's worked better than having three of them for piddly little points. Tells you who fancies it on a stage like today's (and can you imagine today's stage without anything to break it up?). Plus they've provoked people into launching the odd break or getting into breaks this tour, so animated it a little.
  • mididoctors
    Itv getting celeb guests in for the transition stages
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    Did Jonas Vingegaard have to get a letter from his mum to be out like this?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,131
    They must be going close to the giant caves at Cabrespine today. I did enjoy that.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited July 2021

mrfpb said:

We can travel with paper proof as long as it has our unique bar code.
    Malta will only accept paper proof but not digital proof on phones.

My phone call took 10 minutes and had it the next day.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

It's worked better than having three of them for piddly little points. Tells you who fancies it on a stage like today's (and can you imagine today's stage without anything to break it up?). Plus they've provoked people into launching the odd break or getting into breaks this tour, so animated it a little.

I agree the one big sprint has animated breaks and the such like way more than the old small sprints ... They could play around with the points on offer .

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511

I'd either have a breakaway jersey and the points count towards that, or just have a sponsored sprint and give away random things. Would bring in some money and chat.
  • mididoctors
    Buttery biscuit base
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2021

mrfpb said:

We can travel with paper proof as long as it has our unique bar code.
    Malta will only accept paper proof but not digital proof on phones.

My phone call took 10 minutes and had it the next day.
    Don't rub it in!

I'm still on hold :s
  • mididoctors
    I am thinking of emigration
  • mididoctors
    This is very unusual
  • blazing_saddles
    Huge pile up!
  • mididoctors
    Oh my.god
  • someone hit that bollard hard
  • blazing_saddles
    Broken tractor!
    Simon Yates
  • mididoctors
    Declerq is a big loss
  • Ouch
  • blazing_saddles
    SKA having to climb back up. It's a long way down.